The Student Room Group

Short texts

Guys i need help. How to handle if your boyfriend is always texting you in short message not in a long messages? I always think of an idea how to keep the conversation going. But atleast he will not seen my message everytime i reply. He will just text "hehe" his favorite reaction as what he said.

Hes really different in video call he's kinda talkative and sweet but in texting not that much. And hes not always into video call because hes always having fun watching movies by the way were in LDR relationship.
I just dont get it. Sometimes i can think of negative thoughts.
why dont u tell him
Reply 2
Original post by cryingchild
why dont u tell him

Coz i dont want him to worry about me and bother him if I keep telling this topic.
Original post by JBelle
Coz i dont want him to worry about me and bother him if I keep telling this topic.

but if you havent told him then how is he gonna know u have a problem with it. im sure he’d be considerate
Reply 4
Original post by cryingchild
but if you havent told him then how is he gonna know u have a problem with it. im sure he’d be considerate

Theres one time i asked him about why you keep replying "hehe" and he said "its just my reactions" and after that i agreed and no more further questions to ask. Maybe hes not just into texting? Dunno
Hi there
I think you should try to talk to him about it.
But this time, tell him how you feel about the fact that he always gives that reply to you when texting.
It is something that bothers you, so he needs to know that.
Even if it is a long distance relationship.
You are not with him to suffer in silence.
Relationships are all about understanding, communication, and compromises.
s

Original post by JBelle
Guys i need help. How to handle if your boyfriend is always texting you in short message not in a long messages? I always think of an idea how to keep the conversation going. But atleast he will not seen my message everytime i reply. He will just text "hehe" his favorite reaction as what he said.

Hes really different in video call he's kinda talkative and sweet but in texting not that much. And hes not always into video call because hes always having fun watching movies by the way were in LDR relationship.
I just dont get it. Sometimes i can think of negative thoughts.

you could say 'oh u dry' when he says that as a joke but it might make him think about it more
Reply 7
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
I think you should try to talk to him about it.
But this time, tell him how you feel about the fact that he always gives that reply to you when texting.
It is something that bothers you, so he needs to know that.
Even if it is a long distance relationship.
You are not with him to suffer in silence.
Relationships are all about understanding, communication, and compromises.

Thank you for that answer. What if I already told him? But he still doing it and nothing change? And we all know we cant force to change a person to do that. And yes he says sorry but still in a dry text. What to do?
Reply 8
Original post by cuileann23
s

you could say 'oh u dry' when he says that as a joke but it might make him think about it more

Do u think thats rude? I also care for his feelings...i dont want to hurt him. Because he suffer from anxiety and depression
Original post by JBelle
Do u think thats rude? I also care for his feelings...i dont want to hurt him. Because he suffer from anxiety and depression

ooh yeah thats a point. he might just be a sh**y texter
Original post by JBelle
Thank you for that answer. What if I already told him? But he still doing it and nothing change? And we all know we cant force to change a person to do that. And yes he says sorry but still in a dry text. What to do?

Are you is girlfriend or not?
I am quite reserved for a guy. But that doesn't mean that I would act like that if I had a girlfriend and talk or chatting with her.
It is important to feel at ease when in a relationship, otherwise things can get messy.
I do not know him personally.
But even if he suffers from depression and anxiety, is it even a reason to be a dry texter with someone you know? Someone who is your partner?
Or does not he consider you as his girlfriend?
Does not he trust you?
Try to talk to him seriously about it. Face to face. Tell him you do not like that way of texting. Ask him if he trust you enough. If he says, then tell him that he has nothing to worry about when texting you. He can feel at ease and have a normal conversation with you.
You are not a stranger, you are his girlfriend. Or aren't you?
Ask him if he does not like texting in general as communication way. If he does not like it at all, try to find another way to communicate. Why not face calling?
(edited 3 years ago)
You are reading to much into it l am not a big fan of tech stuff texting etc l prefer to talk face to face or on the phone l have been told l say to much when texting its all very strange lol
Reply 12
Original post by Ackhnologia
Are you is girlfriend or not?
I am quite reserved for a guy. But that doesn't mean that I would act like that if I had a girlfriend and talk or chatting with her.
It is important to feel at ease when in a relationship, otherwise things can get messy.
I do not know him personally.
But even if he suffers from depression and anxiety, is it even a reason to be a dry texter with someone you know? Someone who is your partner?
Or does not he consider you as his girlfriend?
Does not he trust you?
Try to talk to him seriously about it. Face to face. Tell him you do not like that way of texting. Ask him if he trust you enough. If he says, then tell him that he has nothing to worry about when texting you. He can feel at ease and have a normal conversation with you.
You are not a stranger, you are his girlfriend. Or aren't you?
Ask him if he does not like texting in general as communication way. If he does not like it at all, try to find another way to communicate. Why not face calling?

Hello! Thank you for answering. I havent tried to talk to him about it heart to heart in face calling. And yes I will ask if hes not busy and I need a perfect timing. By the way, were not always do face time or call because hes always busy watching tv shows or movies and he easily fell asleep. Its just so sad sometimes that hes busy and cant call and will tell me "later baby" so well I need to understand him. Maybe hes not just so open to share about it. And if I ask some things that talks about me well yes he can answer but im not so contented or maybe hes not just into explaining further more. I realized that I didnt know him too much.
Reply 13
Original post by Scottishlad888
You are reading to much into it l am not a big fan of tech stuff texting etc l prefer to talk face to face or on the phone l have been told l say to much when texting its all very strange lol

Maybe my bf is not so talkative in texting. Im confused 😣
Original post by JBelle

Well yeah he might be not talkative in texting.
Original post by JBelle
Hello! Thank you for answering. I havent tried to talk to him about it heart to heart in face calling. And yes I will ask if hes not busy and I need a perfect timing. By the way, were not always do face time or call because hes always busy watching tv shows or movies and he easily fell asleep. Its just so sad sometimes that hes busy and cant call and will tell me "later baby" so well I need to understand him. Maybe hes not just so open to share about it. And if I ask some things that talks about me well yes he can answer but im not so contented or maybe hes not just into explaining further more. I realized that I didnt know him too much.

You are welcome😊
Try to talk to him in person about it with him. In that way he will really get how you feel.
Well, the way I see it, it is like he does not really want to share a lot about him with. I am a bit like that so I can understand.
But he needs to open up and share his thoughts, his fears, his problems to you. You are his girlfriend not a stranger you know?
You are the one who can help and even save him from his depression and anxiety. This is those cases where love can help to heal.
I know you do not want to be pushy, but I am sure deep inside, he needs your help.
Try to meet and talk to him deeply. Try to help him feel at ease with you and open up. Try your best not to be pushy.
It is really important that you talk to him.
Gonna sound like a bit stuck-up here, but in Sun Tzu's book the art of war, he said "The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him". Basically, what Sun Tzu is saying, in all contexts, whether it be love, business or war, you cannot be influenced by the ideals of the opposite party and that you should either mirror it or impose your own being to take the opposite party out.

So just mirror what he does and respond with small texts with little information. I know it sounds weird, but unfourtantley everyone nowadays plays texting like its a chess game of some kind. I mean ages ago, rulers and generals would play chess together to irritate each other, so it makes sense
Original post by JBelle

Sounds very strange to me to me if l was dating l would never forget about the girl l would always talk with her on text or on the phone he should be putting in more effort
Reply 17
Original post by Scottishlad888
Sounds very strange to me to me if l was dating l would never forget about the girl l would always talk with her on text or on the phone he should be putting in more effort

I know right and at the same time i dont want to say it to him because he might misinterpret it or its just im afraid what will be his thoughts or reactions
Original post by JBelle
I know right and at the same time i dont want to say it to him because he might misinterpret it or its just im afraid what will be his thoughts or reactions

I answered you
In case you did not see
It is just above

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending