The Student Room Group

Who knows fully the EDEXCEL A LEVEL BUSINESS spec or a teacher for this subject??

Which one of you is willing and able (lol get it, DEMAND 😂😂) to help me with watever question I have ... mainly relate to the spec because I am revising for my exams in September

So if anyone out there can help me and I can either comment my questions here or by DM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ok I guess I’ll post my questions here
Reply 2
I’m quite confused about what a mass and niche market ACTUALLY are
So if the mass market like the shoe market and a niche market being luxury shoes?

Ok it probably doesn’t make sense but are they part of the same market
Do the mass market and the niche
So the niche being inside the mass market ... does that make sense???

Or are they two seperate markets
Reply 3
Won’t loyalty schemes make customers more likely to shop in other to get points or free stuff (I don’t really know how they work) so they will buy frequently. So their buying habits don’t be like their usual.

If this method is an example of primary research do to gain information about customers (market research) will the information from loyalty cards then be invalid?
Reply 4
Original post by Monsur x
Won’t loyalty schemes make customers more likely to shop in other to get points or free stuff (I don’t really know how they work) so they will buy frequently. So their buying habits don’t be like their usual.

If this method is an example of primary research do to gain information about customers (market research) will the information from loyalty cards then be invalid?

Loyalty cards can help develop customer loyalty, for example a lot of coffee shops have loyalty cards where customers can collect stamps everytime they buy a coffee, then once they have collected so many they can get a free coffee. This can encourage customers to go to a specific coffee shop regulary (one they have accumulated a lot of stamps at), so that they can eventually get a free coffee.
Reply 5
Original post by Tom0228
Loyalty cards can help develop customer loyalty, for example a lot of coffee shops have loyalty cards where customers can collect stamps everytime they buy a coffee, then once they have collected so many they can get a free coffee. This can encourage customers to go to a specific coffee shop regulary (one they have accumulated a lot of stamps at), so that they can eventually get a free coffee.

Ooo thanks! A very good explanation! But do you know the answer to my question though?
Reply 6
Ooo thanks! A very good explanation! But do you know the answer to my question though?

In regards to niche and mass markets? Basically In markets there is usually a mass market and then several smaller niche segments (niche markets). For example in the chocolate market there is a mass market for just standard chocolate, Cadbury's is a business that would operate in this mass market as they produce a wide range of standard chocolate to a large range of consumers, then there is also smaller niche markets which focus on a specific segment of the chocolate market - for example a niche chocolate company that might focus on making dairy free chocolate, aimed at people who are lactose intolerant maybe.
Reply 7
Original post by Tom0228
In regards to niche and mass markets? Basically In markets there is usually a mass market and then several smaller niche segments (niche markets). For example in the chocolate market there is a mass market for just standard chocolate, Cadbury's is a business that would operate in this mass market as they produce a wide range of standard chocolate to a large range of consumers, then there is also smaller niche markets which focus on a specific segment of the chocolate market - for example a niche chocolate company that might focus on making dairy free chocolate, aimed at people who are lactose intolerant maybe.

Thank you!! Thanks for explaining. But also I was talking about the loyalty cards.. I don’t think you read my question properly tho so if you can read my message about that again. You did give me a definition of them which is great but you didn’t answer the question. It’s ok if you really don’t know , at least u gave me a definition
Reply 8
Original post by Tom0228

Also may I ask, are you a business student doing a level or...?
Thank you!! Thanks for explaining. But also I was talking about the loyalty cards.. I don’t think you read my question properly tho so if you can read my message about that again. You did give me a definition of them which is great but you didn’t answer the question. It’s ok if you really don’t know , at least u gave me a definition

That's rude - you did ask a question about this in your first post :frown:
Ooo thanks! A very good explanation! But do you know the answer to my question tho

I honestly have no idea about what you were on about in regards market research and loyalty cards, I think you were trying to ask if business' could use use the data they collect from customer loyalty cards as market research and I suppose yes they could because you could argue it gives an insight into consumer spending habbits - (if the business tracks this on the loyalty cards that is). And to answer your other question, yes I am an a-level business student sitting my paper 1 this Thursday.
Reply 11
Hi! That is completely fine and Yh my question was quite weird but thank you anyways. Also omgg good luck!! So are you doing like autumn exams?? So r u year 13? lol sorry if I’m asking. If you don’t wanna say that’s fine. Oh and ur doIng Edexcel as well?

@Tom0228
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Muttley79
That's rude - you did ask a question about this in your first post :frown:

No it isn’t. I was REALLY asking will the data from loyalty cards be reliable since customers will then keep coming and coming to the business in order to get more points (so not showing their true shopping habits)
Reply 13
5C168F3A-C2A0-4D81-83B1-ACE80DAF0230.jpg.jpeg

Can someone explain what is meant by this please?
Yeah I got given a B for my CAG, but I’ve took a year out anyway so thought I may as well try and see if I can get an A to get in a better uni, and yeah I’m doing edexcel as well.
Reply 15
Original post by Tom0228
Yeah I got given a B for my CAG, but I’ve took a year out anyway so thought I may as well try and see if I can get an A to get in a better uni, and yeah I’m doing edexcel as well.

Oh wow cool. Well, wish you all the best! Also paper 1 is theme 1 and 2... how confident r u in each ? Also do u so practice exam questions... I know those r the best way to revise but lol I hate doing them at home... I guess only wen I’m in the mood ig but the exams questions r sooo looong. But u k wat do U k the exam question structures? Every question has a certain structure. I mean I know how the structure of each is but im just asking
Paper one is theme 1 and 4, I would’ve hoped to feel more confident by now but oh well. There is different ways to structure each question but as long as you show balance, apply your answer to the business in the question and show good knowledge you should be alright. As for how to practice I would say that yeah exam questions are definitely a good way to practice I don’t know what stage you’re at in the alevel but probably best to try and learn the content but as you go through it, do questions as well. Yeah the questions are long and hard to practice at home but you will thank yourself when it’s exam day and you know what you’re doing. 👍🏻
Reply 17
Original post by Tom0228
Paper one is theme 1 and 4, I would’ve hoped to feel more confident by now but oh well. There is different ways to structure each question but as long as you show balance, apply your answer to the business in the question and show good knowledge you should be alright. As for how to practice I would say that yeah exam questions are definitely a good way to practice I don’t know what stage you’re at in the alevel but probably best to try and learn the content but as you go through it, do questions as well. Yeah the questions are long and hard to practice at home but you will thank yourself when it’s exam day and you know what you’re doing. 👍🏻

Oh yes lol sorry, theme 1 and 4. I’m in year 13 (started in September 😬🙄) and well it’s going ok I guess. We’ve started with themes 3 and 4...
Yeah you’re right, revising content then do questions. I always think to myself that’s the best way and that I should do it but I never get to coz of my LAZINESS. Anyways good luck
I'm Y13 AQA business, but we do similar things - I did Edexcel in GCSE too so any questions you got I'm up to try help you out.
Reply 19
Original post by V℮rsions
I'm Y13 AQA business, but we do similar things - I did Edexcel in GCSE too so any questions you got I'm up to try help you out.

Thanks!

Quick Reply