The Student Room Group

Nursing

Any nursing associates? How is it?
Also can I go straight into a nursing apprenticeship without being a nursing associate?
Original post by Jasminf
Any nursing associates? How is it?
Also can I go straight into a nursing apprenticeship without being a nursing associate?

@Emily_B

You can go straight into nursing without apprenticeship if you already meeting the minimum entry requirements for nursing ok but good for gaining experience prior to doing nursing degree.

You don't need to do nursing associate either.
I never did either as I went straight into midwifing without either.
Reply 2
What are the minimum entry requirements as everything I look at seem to say I need a degree or some sort of experience?
Does that mean I don’t really need any qualifications other than possibly a levels, also I don’t have any science as A levels so would this be a let down?
I didn’t really want to go to uni so I’m trying to find other alternatives
Original post by Jasminf
What are the minimum entry requirements as everything I look at seem to say I need a degree or some sort of experience?
Does that mean I don’t really need any qualifications other than possibly a levels, also I don’t have any science as A levels so would this be a let down?

Screenshot_2020-09-19-14-54-51.png

Have a look at these as this is minimum entry requirements OK as both nursing & midwifery
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Screenshot_2020-09-19-14-54-51.png

Have a look at these as this is minimum entry requirements OK as both nursing & midwifery

Thank you very much for your help!
Reply 5
Original post by Jasminf

You really DON'T need a degree to get on to nurse training, hence the requirements Tracey's given you. You do, however, need a nursing or midwifery degree to get into the NMC register. If you want to end up as a nurse, I agree with Tracey that it's easier to just do the 3 years of nursing degree, however if a degree apprenticeship is more your thing then go ahead and find an employer to put you through it (although I'm yet to meet anyone who'd qualified as a nurse this way to advise how good or bad this is). As for nursing associate... if you want to stay at that level, great, but in order to progress you'd still have to do the top up to degree/RN to get any further...
Original post by Jasminf
Thank you very much for your help!

You welcome okay xx
Reply 7
Original post by Emily_B
You really DON'T need a degree to get on to nurse training, hence the requirements Tracey's given you. You do, however, need a nursing or midwifery degree to get into the NMC register. If you want to end up as a nurse, I agree with Tracey that it's easier to just do the 3 years of nursing degree, however if a degree apprenticeship is more your thing then go ahead and find an employer to put you through it (although I'm yet to meet anyone who'd qualified as a nurse this way to advise how good or bad this is). As for nursing associate... if you want to stay at that level, great, but in order to progress you'd still have to do the top up to degree/RN to get any further...

Oh right, understood. Thankyouuu
Reply 8
Original post by Jasminf
Oh right, understood. Thankyouuu

It's ok :smile: let me & @Tracey_W know if you need any more help with this stuff & we'll do our best seeing as we're both in nursing/midwifery
Reply 9
How did you find one tho? Everywhere i look says you have to be working in a healthcare environment and speak to your employer about getting you into an apprenticeship. But im in sixth form and want to do a nursing apprenticeship next year.
Reply 10
Original post by Fxzzxli
How did you find one tho? Everywhere i look says you have to be working in a healthcare environment and speak to your employer about getting you into an apprenticeship. But im in sixth form and want to do a nursing apprenticeship next year.

The ones I have found are nursing degree apprenticeships At University of Leeds, and UCLan do it and I think Bolton university. All I did was google search for ‘nursing degree apprenticeships’ and many options came up. I found Huddersfield however like you said, for this one you need to be employed in a healthcare setting.
Reply 11
Original post by Fxzzxli

Are you doing A Levels at the moment?
Reply 12
Original post by Fxzzxli

You need to currently be employed by a healthcare provider to do an apprenticeship in Nursing (as in a nursing degree apprenticeship, your employer supports you through the course & facilitates placements etc.) If you’re not employed currently by a healthcare provider who is willing to put you through an apprenticeship, the route into Nursing would be the “typical” route which is attending a university for your Nursing degree. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending