The Student Room Group

LNAT exam help!!

So i just booked the LNAT exam for mid december, and also just did my first practice test without any practice or understanding just to understand how the exam works. I got 14/42 :frown: not surprised. How do you guys recommend I study and practice for it!
U just deal with it... I did mine today and absolutely blew my essay. Many peple here recommend arbitio but idek what that is. If u find my insta i can send u a good structure for the essay tho.. i couldn't rly use it myself due to lack of time. I fell into a trans and for 8 minutes debated if the girl next to me would let me have her insta after the exam xD. I also wasted the 8 minutes on which question i should do.. which wasn't really my proudest moment.
Reply 2
Original post by Javidkhv
U just deal with it... I did mine today and absolutely blew my essay. Many peple here recommend arbitio but idek what that is. If u find my insta i can send u a good structure for the essay tho.. i couldn't rly use it myself due to lack of time. I fell into a trans and for 8 minutes debated if the girl next to me would let me have her insta after the exam xD. I also wasted the 8 minutes on which question i should do.. which wasn't really my proudest moment.

oh wow, hopefully all goes well with getting accepted into university and could I message you my insta?? also did you get the girl’s insta??
Original post by 6ambz
oh wow, hopefully all goes well with getting accepted into university and could I message you my insta?? also did you get the girl’s insta??

nah man unfortunately I haven't cuz she finished later than me n i had to leave :frown:. Hopefully all goes well for you too man, my insta is javidkhv

what test centre were u at?

what test centre were u at? I just had mine at like 4pm
Original post by student0120
what test centre were u at?

I was at Chester, at 11:00..
oh idk then
Original post by 6ambz
So i just booked the LNAT exam for mid december, and also just did my first practice test without any practice or understanding just to understand how the exam works. I got 14/42 :frown: not surprised. How do you guys recommend I study and practice for it!

Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did, although it was quite expensive it doesn't last a long time and is totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me ( he is actually an admissions tutor at Oxford for law and marks the LNAT at Oxford, he also sends in essays to the LNAT organisation which could be used in the actual exam) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions first before reading the article, therefore you know what you are looking out for and be weary for negatives in the questions. For the essay structure I would recommend that you go with a short introduction (you don't want to end up spending all your time on that) and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". So I made 3 arguments, which were, the effect it has on politics, it can spread fear and the purpose of the criminal justice system which is to protect people from danger. With these arguments, for the first two I presented an argument for and against and for the last argument I stuck with one argument- which was that fake news is no danger to people. Just tell me if you want those essays, I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:
Original post by 6ambz

Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did, although it was quite expensive it doesn't last a long time and is totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me (he actually marks the LNAT at Oxford) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions first before reading the article, therefore you know what you are looking out for and be weary for negatives in the questions. For the essay structure I would recommend that you go with a short introduction (you don't want to end up spending all your time on that) and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". So I made 3 arguments, which were, the effect it has on politics, it can spread fear and the purpose of the criminal justice system which is to protect people from danger. With these arguments, for the first two I presented an argument for and against and for the last argument I stuck with one argument- which was that fake news is no danger to people. Just tell me if you want those essays, I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:
Original post by 6ambz

Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did, although it was quite expensive it doesn't last a long time and is totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me (he actually marks the LNAT at Oxford) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions before reading the text and also be weary for negatives. Essay- go with a short intro and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". So I made 3 arguments, which were, the effect it has on politics, it can spread fear and the purpose of the criminal justice system which is to protect people from danger. With these arguments, for the first two I presented an argument for and against and for the last argument I stuck with one argument- which was that fake news is no danger to people. Just tell me if you want those essays, I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:
Original post by 6ambz

Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did and it's totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me (he actually marks the LNAT at Oxford) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions before reading the text and also be weary for negatives. Essay- go with a short intro and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". So I made 3 arguments, which were, the effect it has on politics, it can spread fear and the purpose of the criminal justice system which is to protect people from danger. With these arguments, for the first two I presented an argument for and against and for the last argument I stuck with one argument- which was that fake news is no danger to people. Just tell me if you want those essays, I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:
Original post by 6ambz

Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did and it's totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me (he actually marks the LNAT at Oxford) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions before reading the text and also be weary for negatives. Essay- go with a short intro and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Louise Coventry
Hi! I would recommend trying to get a tutor if you can afford it. I did and it's totally worth it. You get lots of essay questions online, however, they seem to always be the same across the internet. I can send you all the essay questions my tutor sent me (he actually marks the LNAT at Oxford) which were very useful. For the multiple choice I would recommend you read the questions before reading the text and also be weary for negatives. Essay- go with a short intro and for the main body paragraphs my tutor said that I should write 3 main paragraphs discussing only one argument for each para and presenting arguments for and against that very argument, that was actually very useful information for me and made it easier to form essays. I did my LNAT a week ago and my essay question was "should publishing fake news be a criminal offence". I will be more than happy to send them to you :smile:

that would be so helpful, Yes please!!!
Hi could you send me some of those exam questions for the lnat bro it would be greatly appreciated
Original post by 6ambz
that would be so helpful, Yes please!!!

Here are the essay questions.

Is fishing for sport morally acceptable?

Should publishing ‘fake news’ be punishable by imprisonment?

Should funding for non-medical sciences be given to medical sciences?

Is obeying the law always the moral choice?

Should far-right politicians be banned from national media?

Should anonymity be forbidden on social media?

Should we ban parents from manipulating the genes of their unborn child in an attempt to choose its skin colour?

Is it morally permissible to conduct animal trials for drugs?

The sale of arms is an immoral trade and should be banned. Do you agree?

Should terminally ill people have the right to decide to end their lives?

'Banning visiting speakers with offensive views from universities is unjustified.' Discuss.

'While the state should fund higher education in the sciences, medicine, law and the like, those who want to learn about literature or art should pay for the privilege themselves.' Do you agree?

The right to a fair trial includes a right to be tried within a reasonable time. Is it fair to prosecute people for offences committed a very long time ago? Why/why not?

Should talented children be taught in separate classes in schools?

Is it wrong to cycle through a red traffic light if there is no one else around?

Is taxation theft?

Is it as important for judges to seem impartial as it is for them to be impartial?

Should the objective of the legal system be to maximise happiness in society?

‘The arts should receive no funding as long as the sciences are not fully funded.’ Discuss.

The law’s unique objective should be morality. Discuss.

Teachers should not be allowed to use any disciplinary sanction. Discuss.

The cost of a degree should depend on the student’s family income. Discuss.

Should we ban parents from manipulating the genes of their unborn child in an attempt to choose its skin colour?

Is life imprisonment morally acceptable?

Should we punish a parent who murdered the murderer of their child?

Should a person be allowed to have information about him erased from online search engine results?

If a person commits an act that is illegal in country A but not in country B, should country B extradite him back to country A for them to be judged?

Should anti-terrorism be able to arrest and question someone without a judge’s authorisation when that person is suspected of terrorism?

Should veganism enjoy the same protections as a religion?

Sorry for the late reply
Original post by Louise Coventry
Here are the essay questions.

The sale of arms is an immoral trade and should be banned. Do you agree?

Should terminally ill people have the right to decide to end their lives?

'Banning visiting speakers with offensive views from universities is unjustified.' Discuss.

'While the state should fund higher education in the sciences, medicine, law and the like, those who want to learn about literature or art should pay for the privilege themselves.' Do you agree?

The right to a fair trial includes a right to be tried within a reasonable time. Is it fair to prosecute people for offences committed a very long time ago? Why/why not?

Should talented children be taught in separate classes in schools?

Is it wrong to cycle through a red traffic light if there is no one else around?

Is taxation theft?

Is it as important for judges to seem impartial as it is for them to be impartial?

Should the objective of the legal system be to maximise happiness in society?

‘The arts should receive no funding as long as the sciences are not fully funded.’ Discuss.

The law’s unique objective should be morality. Discuss.

Teachers should not be allowed to use any disciplinary sanction. Discuss.

The cost of a degree should depend on the student’s family income. Discuss.

Is life imprisonment morally acceptable?

Should we punish a parent who murdered the murderer of their child?

Should a person be allowed to have information about him erased from online search engine results?

If a person commits an act that is illegal in country A but not in country B, should country B extradite him back to country A for them to be judged?

Should anti-terrorism be able to arrest and question someone without a judge’s authorisation when that person is suspected of terrorism?

Should veganism enjoy the same protections as a religion?

Sorry for the late reply

y'alll i think i aced my LNAT because i just got an offer from Durham 4 days ago

Drop here!
y'alll i think i aced my LNAT because i just got an offer from Durham 4 days ago

Drop here!

That's amazing! Well Done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending