The Student Room Group
Original post by Shush01241
Which is better for gaming
Ryzen 3 4300u with vega 5 graphics
Or
I5-1035g1 with intel uhd graphics g1

Both are integrated graphics, and very poor options for most modern games. I would not buy either if gaming is your intended use case.

What's your budget?
Reply 2
Im only going to do light gaming (not big games like fortnite). These are the best processors i found for my budget. If you had to pick one for light gaming which would it be
(edited 3 years ago)
Im only going to do light gaming (not big games like fortnite). These are the best laptops i found for my budget. If you had to pick one for light gaming which would it be

Fortnite isn't a demanding game, it's a pretty light game. It'd be useful to know what you consider "light" in order to understand your requirements.

Between the two, the Vega 5 graphics are likely to be superior. But there are going to be more factors to consider than just what integrated graphics you have. The i5 processor for example is going to perform better, and if these laptops are similarly priced then there's a bit of an issue there since they're not similar in CPU spec. Can you provide links to both laptops, and clarify what your budget is?
Im only going to do light gaming (not big games like fortnite). These are the best processors i found for my budget. If you had to pick one for light gaming which would it be

Fortinite is pretty light as far as modern games go. What sort of games did you have in mind specifically?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by AcseI
Fortnite isn't a demanding game, it's a pretty light game. It'd be useful to know what you consider "light" in order to understand your requirements.

Between the two, the Vega 5 graphics are likely to be superior. But there are going to be more factors to consider than just what integrated graphics you have. The i5 processor for example is going to perform better, and if these laptops are similarly priced then there's a bit of an issue there since they're not similar in CPU spec. Can you provide links to both laptops, and clarify what your budget is?

Go to laptopoutlet and type
HP 15s-fq1003na 15.6" Full HD Laptop Intel Core i5-1035G1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD.
And
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop AMD Ryzen 3 4300U, 4GB, 128GB SSD, Win10 S.
(I got discount codes)
Imagine if the lenovo laptop has 8gb ram and 256gb ssd. Which would be better if u had to pick one.
(I change my mind and i want it to run fortnite i dont mind if its low setting)
Reply 6
I couldn't post link for some reason
Reply 7
Or

Yeah, if you're thinking of playing purely stuff like Factorio, Among us, usual 2D simple games, then you should be fine. But if you're investing into a full desktop I would either save up money or maybe get a laptop to use with work as well.
Reply 8
And
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop AMD Ryzen 3 4300U, 4GB, 128GB SSD, Win10 S.
(I got discount codes)
Imagine if the lenovo laptop has 8gb ram and 256gb ssd. Which would be better if u had to pick one.

Oh sorry, this didn't load for me. Out of these 2 I would personally suggest the Lenovo probably. Generally a nice laptop overall. But do be prepared for poor performance on games that demand more than Adobe Flash :biggrin:
Reply 9
So we all agree the lenovo laptop is better than the hp for fortnite? (If lenovo had 8gb ram and 256gb ssd)
(edited 3 years ago)
And
(I got discount codes)

On 720p low settings the Ryzen based Lenovo might just about get 60FPS in Fortnite. It's not going to be a great experience, but it'll run.

In terms of those laptops, from a gaming perspective the Lenovo would just win out if you were able to get it with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD instead. Of note, you'll need to upgrade Win10 S to Windows 10 before you're able to install any applications outside the Windows Store. However as pure laptops, the HP would be the superior device simply because the i5 outperforms the Ryzen 3. It's difficult to really say one is better than the other, given neither are intended for gaming and presumably gaming isn't all you'll be doing.

If you're not desperate I'd be tempted to wait for 11th gen Intel laptops. 11th gen will introduce Xe graphics, which is a substantial bump over current Intel integrated graphics. Alternatively these laptops look to be the sort of thing you'd get for around £500. Something like this Acer isn't a great gaming laptop, but it's not that much more expensive and actually comes with a proper GPU.
(edited 3 years ago)
Or

If I compare these two processors, then I would choose Ryzen 3 4300u.
to my knowledge the best gamming dedicated graphic card is rtx 3080 and its a total monster.

Latest

Trending

Trending