The Student Room Group

Is it possible to just live life with a nokia brick

I’m getting tired of social media and I feel like having Nokia brick would help that. Would it even be normal at uni to have a nokia brick. Having the urge to just isolate myself and smash my iPhone
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
I am the very happy owner of five nokia 3410s.
I've never had a smartphone or wanted one.
Yes, of course you could.
You can still call people if you ever need anything, and I doubt anyone has time or enough effort to make fun of you.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.

What about emails? The email apps on those kinda phones don’t work or are so slow and you can’t even respond. Cause I don’t have a laptop
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonlight rain
What about emails? The email apps on those kinda phones don’t work or are so slow and you can’t even respond. Cause I don’t have a laptop

Do you have a tablet?
I only check emails with computers and don't use public wifi.
I buy refurbished & used laptops from ebay or cex.
Yes.

You use a Nokia 3410 as your daily phone?
You could just not download social media apps... I use my phone for google maps (I'm useless with directions and use it a lot when I need to go to new places), and we also used what's app groups a lot at uni so not having a smart phone will definitely put you at a disadvantage. I'm sure you could get by without one if you chose though.
I’m getting tired of social media and I feel like having Nokia brick would help that. Would it even be normal at uni to have a nokia brick. Having the urge to just isolate myself and smash my iPhone

Why don’t you de-activate your accounts and delete the social media apps?
A lot of whatsapp groups at uni
Keep the phone, uninstall the social media
Original post by 99 one hundred
You use a Nokia 3410 as your daily phone?

Yes.
For over a decade.
Do you have a tablet?
I only check emails with computers and don't use public wifi.
I buy refurbished & used laptops from ebay or cex.

Nope. Does that mean you don’t respond to emails early. Cause with my phone I can email back fast. When I go through uni application I guess I just have to use the library

Original post by black tea
You could just not download social media apps... I use my phone for google maps (I'm useless with directions and use it a lot when I need to go to new places), and we also used what's app groups a lot at uni so not having a smart phone will definitely put you at a disadvantage. I'm sure you could get by without one if you chose though.

I’ve deleted all apps except TSR but I am soooo glued to my phone. And I want to reduce my usage.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Why don’t you de-activate your accounts and delete the social media apps?

I’m too addicted to it. i’m too addicted to my phone. Using Nokia brick would only make me use it when necessary
True true, thanks!
Yes.
For over a decade.

Wow, them phones last ages, now you get an iPhone that can barley last a year and the batteries just die
I’m too addicted to it. i’m too addicted to my phone. Using Nokia brick would only make me use it when necessary

Then go for it.
I know people who use Nokia brick and manage to live life decently
I wish I could go back to my brick phone but am addicted to the net and dependant on it sometimes.

Ngl that’s pretty cool :lol: you definitely can. But it will be hard not having Google Maps and that. At least for me it would as I rely on it to know when the next bus is and navigating when I’m exploring a city. E-tickets for trains and whatnot.

omg and you can play that snakes game on it 🤣🤣🤣 please let us know how it goes if you go through with it
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 99 one hundred
Wow, them phones last ages, now you get an iPhone that can barley last a year and the batteries just die

I have an 11-year-old iPhone which can last for at least 24 hours without needing to be charged...
Original post by Synergy~
Ngl that’s pretty cool :lol: you definitely can. But it will be hard not having Google Maps and that.

omg and you can play that snakes game on it 🤣🤣🤣 please let us know how it goes if you go through with it

That’s what I’m a bit hesitant of as google maps helps a lot. But tbh I’m depressed as **** and won’t be leaving my house to go anywhere that isn’t local so I’ll be fine.

omggg I just clocked, the snakes game!!!! now I really really want it. Hahaha sure
How am I gonna pay my bills without my bank app?
imo you'll just regret it. buy some paper wood or something on amazon or stress ball and squeeze tf out of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending