London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Eloooot
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Accounting and Finance
Other universities you're applying for: not 100% sure but Edinburgh and Durham
GCSE grades: 8888888888
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: AAAB (Chemistry, Economics, French and Maths) - however these aren't my final predictions so they will hopefully be AAAA (or higher) when I apply. I also do an EPQ but LSE don't care about that lol.
Home country: UK

I am really worried that my predicted grades will not be sufficient despite them being the requirement for the course.

I'm final year acc + fin at lse and I had like 3'As max in my GCSES and was predicted AAA and still was made an offer. Its your personal statement you need to make sure stands out
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Course: Accounting and Finance
Other universities you're applying for: Loughborough University, University of Leeds
GCSE: 5 English 7 Maths
Predicted A-level grades: Btec National Extended diploma DDD with A* Italian
Home country: moved to Uk three years ago
I have got a couple of questions, if you can answer them, please.
Looking at my grades do you think I have any chance to get an offer?
Also, if you got any advice that would help me to get the offer?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ogbabyy00
Course: Accounting and Finance
Other universities you're applying for: Loughborough University, University of Leeds
GCSE: 5 English 7 Maths
Predicted A-level grades: Btec National Extended diploma DDD with A* Italian
Home country: moved to Uk three years ago
I have got a couple of questions, if you can answer them, please.
Looking at my grades do you think I have any chance to get an offer?
Also, if you got any advice that would help me to get the offer?

Check out LSE's entry grade requirements

8EB07719-4237-4317-B528-94CD16C630FF.jpegA955F5E0-43AA-4E2A-97C2-9190B4CB6D98.jpeg3FBAF598-5CE5-46BD-8DAA-DE62A9AD7006.jpeg
Course: Politics and Economics BSc
Other places I am applying too: Warwick, Birmingham, Cambridge, KCL
GCSE Grades: 9988887766 + B in FSMQ
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*
A Level Grades I have achieved: A* in EPQ.
Original post by F1 USM
I'm final year acc + fin at lse and I had like 3'As max in my GCSES and was predicted AAA and still was made an offer. Its your personal statement you need to make sure stands out

Hi, would it be possible to message you about some questions or general advice?
Hi guys,

I’d love to apply to LSE, but I don’t know if I’d even be considered. I have 10 GCSEs:

Grade 8: 1
Grade 7: 1
Grade 6: 6
Grade 4: 2

English Language is a 6 and Mathematics is an 8.

These are very average, I know, so - even though my A-Level predictions meet the entry requirements - should I not apply?

*I was thinking of applying to Politics or Politics and Economics*
Reply 66
Original post by JJohn456
Hi, would it be possible to message you about some questions or general advice?

yes ofc! no need to ask haha
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I’d love to apply to LSE, but I don’t know if I’d even be considered. I have 10 GCSEs:

Grade 8: 1
Grade 7: 1
Grade 6: 6
Grade 4: 2

English Language is a 6 and Mathematics is an 8.

These are very average, I know, so - even though my A-Level predictions meet the entry requirements - should I not apply?

*I was thinking of applying to Politics or Politics and Economics*

I got a "G" in GCSE computer science and CC for science and C for geography too- yet im currently at LSE right now. If you have a very good personal statement and can really showcase you really want to be at LSE you have a very good chance
Original post by F1 USM
I got a "G" in GCSE computer science and CC for science and C for geography too- yet im currently at LSE right now. If you have a very good personal statement and can really showcase you really want to be at LSE you have a very good chance

Thank you for this (if you’re being serious, I’ve never heard of a G before). I believe my personal statement is really strong and so do those who have proof read it. It covers many modules that LSE teach. I would really love to study Politics and Economics (which receives about 800 applications every year) but I think I could be safer with Politics alone (only 200 applications each year).
BA History (V146)
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, Edinburgh, Durham, St Andrews
Predicted High School GPA (U.S. Curriculum): 3.8 (unweighted)
Predicted AP (Advanced Placement) grades & subjects: 5555554
Achieved 5 in World History (Modern); Human Geography; Comparative Government and Politics and Microeconomics; predicted 5 in European History and U.S. Government and Politics; predicted 4 in Statistics
I am Asian but studying for U.S. High School Graduation Diploma now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for this (if you’re being serious, I’ve never heard of a G before). I believe my personal statement is really strong and so do those who have proof read it. It covers many modules that LSE teach. I would really love to study Politics and Economics (which receives about 800 applications every year) but I think I could be safer with Politics alone (only 200 applications each year).

Haha me neither, my exam board was WJEC or something like that, I answered like 8 questions then gave up.

It seems you are very confident in your personal statement- so I strongly recommend you apply. I would play it safe and apply for straight politics if you really are set on studying here :smile:
I probably am not going to get an offer LOL but I am applying anyway and making sure my application is good!! Just being realistic, even if I do get an offer, I'll probably have to take the UGAA :redface: ahh
Course: Politics and International Relations, International Relations
Weighted High School GPA: 3.847
College GPA: 3.68
(I am currently in a high school program in a community college, where I am simultaneously earning an Associate's Degree in Political Science as well as a US high school diploma)
(Not taking APs :confused::s-smilie: I'm nervous about that and how it relates to my chances of getting in...)

Other Unis I'm applying to: Amsterdam University College, Maastricht University College, Utrecht University College

Does anyone think I have a chance???
Course: Management
Other universities: Cambridge, UCL, Warwick and haven't decided on the last one yet
Final IB grades & subjects: 43 points out of 45 (May 2020 session) with Mathematics (6) Physics (7) and Chemistry (7) at HL
GCSE grades: Mostly A*'s and A's with 1 B
Home country: Singapore

Any other gap year applicants applying to LSE?
(edited 3 years ago)
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE - History
Other universities you're applying for - Cambridge, UCL, Kings, Exeter
GCSE grades - 9999888777
Predicted A-level grades & subjects - A* A* A (Politics, History, English)
Home country - England
Reply 74
Original post by F1 USM

hey do you have any tips on personal statement specfically for that course as I would like to apply for acc+fin at lse
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: BSc Data Science
Other universities you're applying for: Oxford Imperial UCL Edinburgh
GCSE grades: 99999998888A*
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: A*A*A*A* (Chem, Phys, 2x Maths)
Home country: UK national currently living in Asia
Hiya!
Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Psychology
Other universities you're applying for: Cambridge, Bath, Durham, St Andrews
GCSE grades: 99999998A*A*A*
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: Psych (A*), Eng (A*), Econ (A*), Maths AS (A) + EPQ

Has anyone received an acknowledgement letter yet and does anyone know when offers come out ? Thanks!
hey guys for econ and econ history should the ps be 50:50 or can it be like 80:20 ratio?
Reply 78
Original post by sjbelkin
Hiya!
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: Psych (A*), Eng (A*), Econ (A*), Maths AS (A) + EPQ

Has anyone received an acknowledgement letter yet and does anyone know when offers come out ? Thanks!

I got an acknowledgment last Wednesday
Regarding the offers I have no idea
Original post by sjbelkin
Hiya!

In the last few application cycles, a small number of offers have been made in December, with the bulk coming between January and March.

Latest

Trending

Trending