The Student Room Group

Dilemma for personal statement

I have applied for medicine, biology, biomedical science and chemistry from 4 different universitys. What I mostly want to do is medicine. I have already written out my personal statement to value medicine the most but I have written nothing about the other courses I chose. Will the university be ok with this or should I add the subjects that I applied for too?
Reply 1
Original post by KueQ22
I have applied for medicine, biology, biomedical science and chemistry from 4 different universitys. What I mostly want to do is medicine. I have already written out my personal statement to value medicine the most but I have written nothing about the other courses I chose. Will the university be ok with this or should I add the subjects that I applied for too?

People write personal statements for medicine and another subject all the time, as they have a 5th non-medicine option, so I'm sure there's a standard advice for that situation that someone could provide (I'm not a medic so I'm not personally sure what it is, sorry!).

The fact you're applying to 4 different courses might make things a lot harder though - what made you pick all those different options, considering you can only do one course and will have to pick between them eventually anyway? It'll be easier if you narrow down your subject choices a bit now rather than spreading yourself across so many in the application process.
Original post by KueQ22

Why so few for medicine? It is incredibly competitive so you should really maximise your chances for that. For medicine your PS should be 100% focused on that
Original post by Interrobang
Why so few for medicine? It is incredibly competitive so you should really maximise your chances for that. For medicine your PS should be 100% focused on that

Thanks it is more focused towards medicine but i mentioned things about science too. is that ok? Only so few because those two universitys I have are the only ones that will accept me with my grades
Original post by KueQ22
Thanks it is more focused towards medicine but i mentioned things about science too. is that ok? Only so few because those two universitys I have are the only ones that will accept me with my grades

If you want to stand a chance at medicine, you should focus your PS on this. Academic science stuff (related to medicine) can be mentioned, but only if you have the space (and this isn't likely if you talk about the rest of the stuff properly)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending