The Student Room Group

EY Apprenticeship 2021

Hi all,

Has anyone applied to the EY apprenticeship?
What service line did you apply to and where are you at in the application process?

Scroll to see replies

I’m currently in my third year on the apprenticeship in SaT.

Happy to answer any questions!
Thanks,

I applied to the TAX Apprenticeship. I completed the online Tests; just waiting for the result. They said it will take 24 hours to get back to me but haven't heard back after completing the tests.

1) Does S.A.T stand for - Strategy and Transactions?
2) Do you study towards your Level 7 Qualification right away or do you complete AAT courses first?
3) What is it like working for EY?
4) What can I expect for the Telephone Interview?
5) Are you a grad or School Leaver?
6) What questions was you asked in the interview and final interview?
7) Anything I should do to stand out from the rest of the applicants?
(edited 3 years ago)
I applied for the SAT apprenticeship about a month ago. Im waiting for stage 3. When should I expect an email?
I applied for the SAT apprenticeship about a month ago. Im waiting for stage 3. When should I expect an email?
Original post by Frenchfry123

No idea, I'm in same position as you.

Don't know what happened to Mattyp502
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
No idea, I'm in same position as you.

Don't know what happened to Mattyp502

Hopefully, we find out soon. Good luck to you mate :wink:
Hopefully, we find out soon. Good luck to you mate :wink:

I’ve not left 😂

I’ve heard that applications in general for the apprenticeship are much higher than normal so there are some delays in the process.

hopefully you’ll here soon!

Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
Thanks,

I applied to the TAX Apprenticeship. I completed the online Tests; just waiting for the result. They said it will take 24 hours to get back to me but haven't heard back after completing the tests.

1) Does S.A.T stand for - Strategy and Transactions?
2) Do you study towards your Level 7 Qualification right away or do you complete AAT courses first?
3) What is it like working for EY?
4) What can I expect for the Telephone Interview?
5) Are you a grad or School Leaver?
6) What questions was you asked in the interview and final interview?
7) Anything I should do to stand out from the rest of the applicants?

Yes, SaT stands for Strategy and Transactions.
I studied towards the ICAS qualification straight away.
EY is great imo, and SaT, and more specifically restructuring (TRS) which you’ll likely join, is a great team. We’re big enough where there’s plenty of work, but small enough where you get to know a lot of people.
For the telephone interview, I didn’t do it as that’s a fairly new thing, but I think it’s where they ask questions about some of your strengths, why you want to join etc. There’s a list of questions to go though which they’ll score you on.
for the partner (final) interview, this is more of a personality test - this is the final stage so you’ve already proven that you’re eligible for the job. This will be with either a senior manager or someone more senior, and they’ll normally be part of the team you’ll be joining. Here, be yourself as best as you can.
For tips, I’d say be ‘in the know’, ie know what is happening in the real world. For me, this meant reading bbc news on an almost daily amount during A-Levels, having a bit of a LinkedIn stalk of the person who would interview me. Otherwise, it’s all the cliches, being confident, number savvy etc.
Original post by mattyp502
I’ve not left 😂

I’ve heard that applications in general for the apprenticeship are much higher than normal so there are some delays in the process.

EY is great imo, and SaT, and more specifically restructuring (TRS) which you’ll likely join, is a great team. We’re big enough where there’s plenty of work, but small enough where you get to know a lot of people.
For the telephone interview, I didn’t do it as that’s a fairly new thing, but I think it’s where they ask questions about some of your strengths, why you want to join etc. There’s a list of questions to go though which they’ll score you on.
for the partner (final) interview, this is more of a personality test - this is the final stage so you’ve already proven that you’re eligible for the job. This will be with either a senior manager or someone more senior, and they’ll normally be part of the team you’ll be joining. Here, be yourself as best as you can.
For tips, I’d say be ‘in the know’, ie know what is happening in the real world. For me, this meant reading bbc news on an almost daily amount during A-Levels, having a bit of a LinkedIn stalk of the person who would interview me. Otherwise, it’s all the cliches, being confident, number savvy etc.

Do you know what they base the telephone interviews on?
I’ve not left 😂

Just got rejected from RBS. Hopefully i can count on EY ahhhhhh
Do you know what they base the telephone interviews on?

It’s a series of questions which look at your motivation, business know how, integrity, and a couple of service line specific questions. I’m not sure exactly what they ask to test each criteria, but hopefully this steers you in the right line.
Thanks for the info.

I’ve not left 😂

Thanks for the info.
I’m currently in my third year on the apprenticeship in SaT.

Happy to answer any questions!

Hi, I'm currently looking to apply for an EY apprenticeship but am stuck between tax, ttt and SaT. Do you have any advice in helping me chose or any general advice on any of them? Thanks in advance!
Original post by lily3245
Hi, I'm currently looking to apply for an EY apprenticeship but am stuck between tax, ttt and SaT. Do you have any advice in helping me chose or any general advice on any of them? Thanks in advance!

Hi, on the EY careers website, there’s something called the Pathfinder.
It will give you a number of scenarios, which you answer and at the end it will give you a suggested service line to join.
I’m in SaT, so if the pathfinder suggests this, happy to answer any questions on this
Hi, on the EY careers website, there’s something called the Pathfinder.
It will give you a number of scenarios, which you answer and at the end it will give you a suggested service line to join.
I’m in SaT, so if the pathfinder suggests this, happy to answer any questions on this

Thank you!
I just wondered once you’ve gained the qualifications is there any room to branch out to other areas in the business?
Quick question. How common is it to get a telephone interview for any bank? What percentage of applicants would you say receive one? Cheers
Thank you!
I just wondered once you’ve gained the qualifications is there any room to branch out to other areas in the business?

Once you qualify you can do whatever you want! You’re no longer on a training contract so you can move around whatever pleases you, subject to there being a business need of that’s an internal transfer.

I know of a couple of people who have done secondments, 6,12 or even 24 months stints in a different area of the business/spent time at one of the overseas offices.
Quick question. How common is it to get a telephone interview for any bank? What percentage of applicants would you say receive one? Cheers

I don’t know the percentages I’m afraid. I don’t companies limit applicants chances unless places are filled up.
I'm currently filling in the business apprenticeship application and it's asking me about my job at uni and my A-level grades. Obviously, I haven't done either of these things. I was wondering what others did. Did you use your predicted grades or did you skip the section which is an option at bottom? (It won't let me leave it blank).
I'm currently filling in the business apprenticeship application and it's asking me about my job at uni and my A-level grades. Obviously, I haven't done either of these things. I was wondering what others did. Did you use your predicted grades or did you skip the section which is an option at bottom? (It won't let me leave it blank).

If you didn't go uni. There should be an option "Not Applicable". For A Levels you have to put your predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending