The Student Room Group

KPMG 2021 Graduates - application process

Just thought i'd start a thread for KPMG's 2021 grads as I have seen few on here, has anyone got through to an assessment centre yet or received an offer?

Has anyone completed KPMG's delivering outcomes assessment and heard back yet? I completed mine on 21st September and still haven't received an outcome even though they said it would be around 5 workings days. (Audit-Empowered London btw)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by user606160
Just thought i'd start a thread for KPMG's 2021 grads as I have seen few on here, has anyone got through to an assessment centre yet or received an offer?

Has anyone completed KPMG's delivering outcomes assessment and heard back yet? I completed mine on 21st September and still haven't received an outcome even though they said it would be around 5 workings days. (Audit-Empowered London btw)

Hello! I have to do the delivering outcome assessment in 2 days. Do you remember how yours went? I'm scared to take it because I just don't know what to expect
Reply 2
Original post by Saya k
Hello! I have to do the delivering outcome assessment in 2 days. Do you remember how yours went? I'm scared to take it because I just don't know what to expect

Hey i'm still waiting on a decision from KPMG, as I completed mine on 21st September and have heard things have been pretty slow moving for everyone. Advice I would give would to firstly be relaxed during the video interview section as they just want to get to know you the person, so nothing to be scared about. Then I would also suggest you make yourself familiar with KPMG key strengths and competencies and make sure you emphasise which you feel are applicable to you throughout the process. Good luck!
I got an email yesterday stating I have passed delivering outcomes assessment but my application is on hold as there are a number of candidates ahead of me in the process and that they are progressing applications as swiftly as they can and will get back in touch to progress me to the next stage. I find this slightly confusing as I applied when roles opened.
Reply 4
Original post by azar380
I got an email yesterday stating I have passed delivering outcomes assessment but my application is on hold as there are a number of candidates ahead of me in the process and that they are progressing applications as swiftly as they can and will get back in touch to progress me to the next stage. I find this slightly confusing as I applied when roles opened.

That is strange, at least you passed though! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what date did you complete the delivering outcomes assessment?
Original post by user606160
That is strange, at least you passed though! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what date did you complete the delivering outcomes assessment?

Thanks! I completed it on the 20th September. I think they have a system for progressing applications therefore everyone hears back at different times regardless of their performance. I remember last year I waited 2 months to find out I passed Deloitte's job simulation and subsequently invited for a final-stage assessment though unfortunately I had an exam at the same time therefore I couldn't attend. Good luck with your application!
Original post by azar380

I got the same email a few days ago. What service line and location have you applied for?
Reply 7
Original post by azar380
Thanks! I completed it on the 20th September. I think they have a system for progressing applications therefore everyone hears back at different times regardless of their performance. I remember last year I waited 2 months to find out I passed Deloitte's job simulation and subsequently invited for a final-stage assessment though unfortunately I had an exam at the same time therefore I couldn't attend. Good luck with your application!

Yeah someone I know who got an offer last year said they waited nearly 4 weeks before they got put through to the assessment centre, isn't ideal but not much we can do! What service line and location did you apply to? And good luck at the next stage!
You're right, at the moment it's out of our hands so I just try not to think about it. I applied for Audit in Glasgow. How about you?
Reply 9
Original post by azar380
You're right, at the moment it's out of our hands so I just try not to think about it. I applied for Audit in Glasgow. How about you?

Yep, I applied to Audit empowered in London. Hoping to hear back in next day or two but won't hold my breath!
I also just got the email saying I got through but there’s people ahead of me.

Anyone know what the next step (critical thinker virtual assessment) is?
Reply 11
Original post by coolting

Yeah same, i'm pretty sure this is a new assessment for this year's cohort and only applies to some service lines, so going to be difficult to pick up any info on it.
Original post by coolting

I've just been told I'm through to this. No idea? Don't know if it's going to be a test or an interview??
Reply 13
Anyone have any idea of who seems to be ahead? I don’t know anyone who has yet completed the Critical Thinker for next years intake - I also applied the day applications opened and completed each test swiftly.

Or do you think they are holding everyone?
Original post by Lan1997
Anyone have any idea of who seems to be ahead? I don’t know anyone who has yet completed the Critical Thinker for next years intake - I also applied the day applications opened and completed each test swiftly.

Or do you think they are holding everyone?

I haven’t seen anyone say they’ve completed it either. I think they’re holding everyone. I don’t know how they’re going to choose who goes through first to the Critical Thinker test though considering so many of us are on hold. What intake/service line/location have you applied for?
Reply 15
Original post by chemystry
I haven’t seen anyone say they’ve completed it either. I think they’re holding everyone. I don’t know how they’re going to choose who goes through first to the Critical Thinker test though considering so many of us are on hold. What intake/service line/location have you applied for?

Yeah it’ll be an interesting one to wait out haha!

London Audit (Intensive) Sept 21
I think the recruitment team are having to prioritise candidates applying to specific offices as they have a launch pad sooner than others. Last year, some offices had their launch pad in late october whilst others had theirs in late november.
How long did it take you guys to get the pass/fail from your transforming business assessment (stage 2)?
Hi, I have the critical thinker test on Friday but I’m also unsure what it involves. Does anyone know if it will be an interview or just more tests?
Reply 19
Original post by AnnaLydia123
Hi, I have the critical thinker test on Friday but I’m also unsure what it involves. Does anyone know if it will be an interview or just more tests?

Hey from what i've gathered it's essentially a condensed retest of the last two assessments, just under invigilation by the student recruitment team. I have mine at the start of next week and it's seemingly difficult to prepare for lol. What office and service line did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending