The Student Room Group

Tired, anxious and a mess

So I have anxiety and panic disorder and this past month has been the worst I am constantly tired even if I get 10 hours sleep but I admit I don’t eat The right foods and I’m not very active during the day because I’m so tired I don’t work at the moment either does anyone have any tips to help motivation and how to feel less tired
How old are you?
Reply 2
Original post by 15977emily
How old are you?

Look at the sleuthing skills...if the OP is 106 there could be good reason they're tired. :wink:
Original post by Spanx
Look at the sleuthing skills...if the OP is 106 there could be good reason they're tired. :wink:

Where did you get 106 from!?
Reply 4
Where did you get 106 from!?

Ems you're full of amazing questions...I made it up. Sorry. I should let the OP answer and you tell them that age has a part to play as well as anxiety and the lack of work and a routine.

I know you'd go on and tell them to set a routine, even if it's going to sleep and gettting up at the same time and maybe even setting themselves small goals each day and feeling good that they achieve them. Congratulating themselves for doing what they can and feeling better for the small wins. Maybe talking to friends about how they feel or reaching out to you so they can answer some questions and let you help them feel better. :smile:
Original post by Spanx
Ems you're full of amazing questions...I made it up. Sorry. I should let the OP answer and you tell them that age has a part to play as well as anxiety and the lack of work and a routine.

I know you'd go on and tell them to set a routine, even if it's going to sleep and gettting up at the same time and maybe even setting themselves small goals each day and feeling good that they achieve them. Congratulating themselves for doing what they can and feeling better for the small wins. Maybe talking to friends about how they feel or reaching out to you so they can answer some questions and let you help them feel better. :smile:

Lol I’m only 20 not 106
Reply 6
Original post by Foreverconfu
Lol I’m only 20 not 106

Arrrgh what happened to anonymous?!!!
Original post by Spanx
Arrrgh what happened to anonymous?!!!

Oh **** oh well I’m not anymore
Reply 8
Original post by Foreverconfu
Lol I’m only 20 not 106

Well in about 60 years the feelings you're feeling will be perfectly normal. So not long to go. :wink:
Original post by Spanx

I was going to suggest who they could reach out too....Like if they go to school the Student Services Team. Age depends on who they can talk too not the amount of anxiety!

I'm aware of all of that stuff. It doesn't work for everyone! It doesn't work for me and I have severe anxiety, depression and I also have autism. I've been through school so I know what it feels like :smile:
Reply 10
I was going to suggest who they could reach out too....Like if they go to school the Student Services Team. Age depends on who they can talk too not the amount of anxiety!

I'm aware of all of that stuff. It doesn't work for everyone! It doesn't work for me and I have severe anxiety, depression and I also have autism. I've been through school so I know what it feels like :smile:

Why? Why you always making me feel bad for not going through school?!!!! :bawling:

I was just being sarcy Ems, as well as throwing some ideas out there so as not to completely waste the OPs time reading my garbage... Well done on being helpful and hope you've found something that works for you! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I have anxiety and panic disorder and this past month has been the worst I am constantly tired even if I get 10 hours sleep but I admit I don’t eat The right foods and I’m not very active during the day because I’m so tired I don’t work at the moment either does anyone have any tips to help motivation and how to feel less tired

I would say first of all relax which is not easy for you but try your best, maybe find something that helps you relax such as music? Don't think about the next day too much as personally for me I overthink things so hard that I get anxious for it. If you would like to possibly inform your teachers in private of whats going on so they could understand.

Do you get really tired ?
Original post by Anonymous
Do you get really tired ?

Yeah. I come home every night and crash!
It takes a lot to mask your anxieties!

Quick Reply

Latest