The Student Room Group

How to cope...

I really hate my masters, there I said it. Yet I have chosen courses not related to my masters to help me cope and handful of obvious things. Does anyone else here have advice? BTW I did not enroll on a whim.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Other_Owl
I really hate my masters, there I said it. Yet I have chosen courses not related to my masters to help me cope and handful of obvious things. Does anyone else here have advice? BTW I did not enroll on a whim.

What is it about your masters that you hate? That can help us advise you.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
What is it about your masters that you hate? That can help us advise you.

I don't like marine sciences/biology in general. Its just so boring and irrevelent to me.
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't like marine sciences/biology in general. Its just so boring and irrevelent to me.

Is there a reason you chose it in the first place? Have you asked if it's possible to transfer to another course?
Reply 4
Is there a reason you chose it in the first place? Have you asked if it's possible to transfer to another course?

You need at least 45 credits to transfer.
You need at least 45 credits to transfer.

Is this at a university in the UK?
Reply 6
Is this at a university in the UK?

Netherlands
Netherlands

Ah, then you could speak to someone at student support services or your personal tutor. Given that you've chosen your modules as best you can, and assuming that you probably don't want to drop out, you've probably done the best you can for yourself for now.
Reply 8
Ah, then you could speak to someone at student support services or your personal tutor. Given that you've chosen your modules as best you can, and assuming that you probably don't want to drop out, you've probably done the best you can for yourself for now.

I don't have the best of relationship with student advisor. With the course leader well its up the air rn.
I don't have the best of relationship with student advisor. With the course leader well its up the air rn.

Then go to someone at your student union for more impartial advice (presuming your university has one - I don't know anything about Dutch universities).
Reply 10
Then go to someone at your student union for more impartial advice (presuming your university has one - I don't know anything about Dutch universities).

I've emailed the head of AI to see if I can swap masters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending