The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Official University of Sussex 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Sussex for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

Thinking of applying for the Msc Development Economics course. Currently working.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Sussex for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hiya, I'm Susanna!
I'm in year 13 and am 17. I will be 18 on the 22nd of October.

What course am I applying for?
History BA

What am I studying at the moment?
A Level History, A Level Politics, BTEC Applied Law and EPQ.

I'd love to meet new people as applying to Uni is so daunting.
Reply 3
Hi! I’m applying for law/law with American studies. Currently doing A level English lit, sociology and health and social
Reply 4
hellooooo i'm grace :smile:

What course are you applying for? Psychology with a placement year

What subjects are you studying now? Biology, Chemistry, Psychology & an EPQ
Original post by gracexa
hellooooo i'm grace :smile:

What course are you applying for? Psychology with a placement year

What subjects are you studying now? Biology, Chemistry, Psychology & an EPQ

Oooh, what made you want to take a placement year? Hiya, I'm Susie
Original post by shannan_
Hi! I’m applying for law/law with American studies. Currently doing A level English lit, sociology and health and social

Hiya, I'm Susie
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Sussex, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
I really wanted to apply to Sussex, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!

Good luck!! Xx
Original post by thatcollegegirl
Good luck!! Xx

Thank you!! xx
Hi, I'm applying to Sussex 2021 entry to study Psychology with Education.
I am predicted AAA but need AAB for Sussex. Has anyone got an offer yet? I applied over a month ago but haven't heard anything! So far I have offers from Bristol, York and Keele. I am waiting on Southampton and Sussex; the wait is so scary!!
Original post by maisiex10x
Hi, I'm applying to Sussex 2021 entry to study Psychology with Education.
I am predicted AAA but need AAB for Sussex. Has anyone got an offer yet? I applied over a month ago but haven't heard anything! So far I have offers from Bristol, York and Keele. I am waiting on Southampton and Sussex; the wait is so scary!!

I've applied for Bristol, Southampton and Sussex too! I haven't heard back from any of them.
Original post by thatcollegegirl
I've applied for Bristol, Southampton and Sussex too! I haven't heard back from any of them.

Wow very similar! What course? I got an offer back from Bristol about 5 weeks ago so hopefully, you should hear soon! I read on another thread that someone got an offer from Southampton, I've been sent an offer email but it's not been put onto track which is annoying! Heard from Sussex (apart from an acknowledgment email.
Wow very similar! What course? I got an offer back from Bristol about 5 weeks ago so hopefully, you should hear soon! I read on another thread that someone got an offer from Southampton, I've been sent an offer email but it's not been put onto track which is annoying! Heard from Sussex (apart from an acknowledgment email.

History at Bristol, History at Sussex and Modern History and Politics at Southampton
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Thank you!!

Hello, the typical offer for studying Psychology degree at Sussex University is AAB-ABB at A Level, or equivalent qualifications. This means that your UAL extended diploma, combined with your A levels would be more than sufficient for you to meet the entry requirements as long as you get high enough grades. Since, you qualify for contextual offer which is BBB-BBC, a Merit in UAL extended Diploma, and A and B in your A Levels would satisfy the criteria. So, it does not matter that you do not do 3 A Levels! :smile: However, do make sure that you have a Maths GCSE at a grade of 6 (B) or above, as this is one of the compulsory requirements. I hope this gives you some clarity. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSCI with a Year Abroad)
Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps
Hello, the typical offer for studying Psychology degree at Sussex University is AAB-ABB at A Level, or equivalent qualifications. This means that your UAL extended diploma, combined with your A levels would be more than sufficient for you to meet the entry requirements as long as you get high enough grades. Since, you qualify for contextual offer which is BBB-BBC, a Merit in UAL extended Diploma, and A and B in your A Levels would satisfy the criteria. So, it does not matter that you do not do 3 A Levels! :smile: However, do make sure that you have a Maths GCSE at a grade of 6 (B) or above, as this is one of the compulsory requirements. I hope this gives you some clarity. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSCI with a Year Abroad)

Hiya, You don't happen to know where offers will be given out? I've been waiting 7 weeks now and am yet to hear back; I applied for the Psychology with Education course.
Hiya, You don't happen to know where offers will be given out? I've been waiting 7 weeks now and am yet to hear back; I applied for the Psychology with Education course.

Hello, no unfortunately I am not involved in processing the applications. If you are concerned, I would suggest that you contact either Sussex Undergraduate Admissions ([email protected], 01273 678416), and/or the School of Psychology ([email protected]). However, the fact you have not heard back from the uni yet is mostly likely nothing to worry about - the universities in general have just been slower in sending out the offers this Year than normally due to Covid-related issues. I hope you get a decision soon! :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Hi, I am applying for Marketing and management! Also applying to Leeds, Loughborough and York.
Please message me if you are applying to similar courses.

Has anyone received any offers/emails from Sussex yet? I applied on the 23rd of October and haven't heard anything from the university.
Original post by abbbbbb.
Hi, I am applying for Marketing and management! Also applying to Leeds, Loughborough and York.
Please message me if you are applying to similar courses.

Has anyone received any offers/emails from Sussex yet? I applied on the 23rd of October and haven't heard anything from the university.

Hiya, I applied for Psychology in Education on 11th September and still haven’t heard anything, I do have an acknowledgment email though. I actually emailed to ask for an update about my application and was told that there was a delay in settling the new students in and they were not yet processing new applications :/ sounds like it may be a while!! Its really annoying as this is the only uni I’m waiting to hear back from. I’ve got an offer from York though so hopefully you will hear something soon!
Hiya, I applied for Psychology in Education on 11th September and still haven’t heard anything, I do have an acknowledgment email though. I actually emailed to ask for an update about my application and was told that there was a delay in settling the new students in and they were not yet processing new applications :/ sounds like it may be a while!! Its really annoying as this is the only uni I’m waiting to hear back from. I’ve got an offer from York though so hopefully you will hear something soon!

Thanks for replying! Bit worried how I haven't even had an acknowledgment email yet as it has been a week. I have had offers from York and Leeds too. Where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending