The Student Room Group

Cambridge Law Applicants 2021

Hey!
I saw that there wasn’t a Law specific thread for Cambridge yet so I decided to make one :smile:

College
Subjects at A Level
A Level predicted/achieved
GCSE
Other Universities
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great idea!

(I'm Irish & doing the Leaving Cert., so some of my info is a little bit different :wink:)

Corpus Christi College
Maths, Gaeilge, English, Deutsch, History, Economics, P.E. (All Higher Level ofc)
Predicted H1H1H1H2H2H2H3 (basically the equivalent of A*AA)
AAAAAAABBB & Higher Merit in English (A is the highest possible grade for Irish Junior Cert., followed by B, C, etc.. HM in English means between 75-90%)
Queen's Belfast, Royal Holloway UoL, York & Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by jane_77
Great idea!

(I'm Irish & doing the Leaving Cert., so some of my info is a little bit different :wink:)

Corpus Christi College
Maths, Gaeilge, English, Deutsch, History, Economics, P.E. (All Higher Level ofc)
Predicted H1H1H1H2H2H2H3 (basically the equivalent of A*AA)
AAAAAAABBB & Higher Merit in English (A is the highest possible grade for Irish Junior Cert., followed by B, C, etc.. HM in English means between 75-90%)
Queen's Belfast, Royal Holloway UoL, York & Manchester

Good luck with your application! Have you submitted it yet?
Reply 3
Yes! I submitted it on Sunday and my school approved it (?) yesterday, and so far I've got acknowledgement emails from Royal Holloway, York & Cambridge, so at the moment I'm trying to figure out the SAQ haha.
What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by jane_77
Yes! I submitted it on Sunday and my school approved it (?) yesterday, and so far I've got acknowledgement emails from Royal Holloway, York & Cambridge, so at the moment I'm trying to figure out the SAQ haha.
What about you?

I submitted my application on Tuesday. I’ve got acknowledgement emails from LSE, KCL and Cambridge, an offer from Exeter and I think I’m submitting the SAQ tomorrow X
Hello!
I am Olivia
Applying to Queens
Studying English, French and Economics (AH) and am predicted AAA I believe. (A is the maximum you can get in Scottish exams, but I think my banding should be A1, A1, A which is about equivalent to A*A*A )
I have 8As and 3Bs combined N5 and Higher
I am also applying to Durham, Leeds, Bristol and Exeter
Reply 6
Original post by 0liviaagracew
Hello!
I am Olivia
Applying to Queens
Studying English, French and Economics (AH) and am predicted AAA I believe. (A is the maximum you can get in Scottish exams, but I think my banding should be A1, A1, A which is about equivalent to A*A*A )
I have 8As and 3Bs combined N5 and Higher
I am also applying to Durham, Leeds, Bristol and Exeter

Good luck with your application X
Thanks, I have submitted mine to my school now. Congratulations on your Exeter offer! You're making me feel impatient for my school to submit mine! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by 0liviaagracew
Thanks, I have submitted mine to my school now. Congratulations on your Exeter offer! You're making me feel impatient for my school to submit mine! :biggrin:

Thank youuu! I’m glad I’m an independent applicant this year so my application submitted as soon as I sent it haha :smile:
hey everyone!

i'm applying to St John's
predicted A*A*A* in RS, French and Spanish
GCSEs 99999888887
also applied to Bristol, Exeter, Nottingham and Leeds (I was planning on applying to Oxford until last Thursday when I took my LNAT and completely screwed it up so I changed at the last minute and applied to Cambridge - i hope Cambridge don't see this hahahaha)

good luck with all your applications! xxxx
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jgriffiths4
hey everyone!

GCSEs 99999888887
also applied to Bristol, Exeter, Nottingham and Leeds (I was planning on applying to Oxford until last Thursday when I took my LNAT and completely screwed it up so I changed at the last minute and applied to Cambridge - i hope Cambridge don't see this hahahaha)

Ooo - super similar to me then. I am applying for Leed, Queens Cambridge, Exeter, Bristol and Durham. This year's LNAT has seemed a little weird among a lot of people - I wouldn't worry too much. Cambridge is great anyway, hence, why I am applying haha so good decision.
Original post by jgriffiths4
hey everyone!

GCSEs 99999888887

Same situation happened to me last year! I really messed up on the LNAT but I still applied for Oxford anyway but I really should’ve applied for Cambridge instead like you did aha
Oooh how exciting!!

Peterhouse
History, Eng Lit, and Physics
AS - AAA; predicted - A*A*A
7A*s and 5As
LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Southampton :smile:
Original post by m100stan
Oooh how exciting!!

Peterhouse
History, Eng Lit, and Physics
AS - AAA; predicted - A*A*A
7A*s and 5As
LSE, KCL, Bristol, and Southampton :smile:

Good luck with your application X
Posted this in the official thread, but I reckon following this thread will be more worthwhile,

Downing
Government and Politics, History, Economics, Russian
A-level achieved: A*A*A*A
IGCSE's: AAAAABCC
LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick
Also would be interested if there are any international applicants who are completing/completed the COPA
Original post by alanmokrousov
Posted this in the official thread, but I reckon following this thread will be more worthwhile,

Downing
Government and Politics, History, Economics, Russian
A-level achieved: A*A*A*A
IGCSE's: AAAAABCC
LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick

Good luck!
Hi, I’m Lily!
I applied to St Catherine’s
Im doing History, Maths and Politics
Predicted: A*A*A*
Gcses: 999999988AA
Other unis: Durham, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester

good luck everyone x
Original post by Lilygreenhough
Hi, I’m Lily!

good luck everyone x

Good luck!!
Original post by Lilygreenhough
Hi, I’m Lily!

good luck everyone x

I applied to Manchester as well! Have you got an acknowledgement email from them yet? I haven't :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending