The Student Room Group

National insurance number for uk loan

Hello. I am a Greek student and I just applied for a postgraduate loan. After completing the application I saw that I was asked to provide a national insurance number. Is this really mandatory? I have never stayed in England so I do not have such a number.
Original post by Frdrm
Hello. I am a Greek student and I just applied for a postgraduate loan. After completing the application I saw that I was asked to provide a national insurance number. Is this really mandatory? I have never stayed in England so I do not have such a number.

Hi, EU applicants are not required to provide this. It will appear in your to do list but you can disregard the request.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, EU applicants are not required to provide this. It will appear in your to do list but you can disregard the request.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for answer. Can you please also give me some information about what forms do I need to send, alomg with my passport? My to do list is about sending the passport along with a form, my Uk insurance number (which is not needed) and a UK bank account. Do I need to send anything else?

Thank you very much
Original post by Frdrm
Thank you for answer. Can you please also give me some information about what forms do I need to send, alomg with my passport? My to do list is about sending the passport along with a form, my Uk insurance number (which is not needed) and a UK bank account. Do I need to send anything else?

Thank you very much

You only need to send your original ID with the application form.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
You only need to send your original ID with the application form.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much. I have one last question. How can I open a UK bank account so that the money can be deposited? I am not able to travel now to UK and until the second semester I will have no residence form to send. I think that student that will do the first semester online are still eligible for a postgraduate loan.
Thank you very much
Original post by Frdrm
Thank you very much. I have one last question. How can I open a UK bank account so that the money can be deposited? I am not able to travel now to UK and until the second semester I will have no residence form to send. I think that student that will do the first semester online are still eligible for a postgraduate loan.
Thank you very much

Hi, you should speak to a UK bank for assistance in opening an account.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Hi, you should speak to a UK bank for assistance in opening an account.
Thanks, Isaac

Dear Isaac, I have a big problem I send 10 days ago my passport to the student finance england but yesterday I received a letter stating that I should send my passport as it is required. I am trying messaging the fb page, but it keeps popping up a notification "cannot send". Can you please help me?
Original post by Frdrm
Dear Isaac, I have a big problem I send 10 days ago my passport to the student finance england but yesterday I received a letter stating that I should send my passport as it is required. I am trying messaging the fb page, but it keeps popping up a notification "cannot send". Can you please help me?

It currently takes 3 weeks to process ID. The letter you received will be automatic. Please allow more time.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
It currently takes 3 weeks to process ID. The letter you received will be automatic. Please allow more time.
Thanks, Isaac

I send my passport to the address on the bottom of a form provided in the profile of my account, in the to do list. So, is it normal that I send it and it was received on 11th of September and I was emailed 7 days later to provide evidence?
And finally, I have opened a UK account with Monese and uploaded the details of the bank to receive funding. Is it acceptable?
Original post by Frdrm
I send my passport to the address on the bottom of a form provided in the profile of my account, in the to do list. So, is it normal that I send it and it was received on 11th of September and I was emailed 7 days later to provide evidence?
And finally, I have opened a UK account with Monese and uploaded the details of the bank to receive funding. Is it acceptable?

Yes this will be an automatic email. It takes 16 working days to process ID at the moment. We accept any valid UK bank account. I have never heard of Monese but if they are a UK bank then it will be acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
Yes this will be an automatic email. It takes 16 working days to process ID at the moment. We accept any valid UK bank account. I have never heard of Monese but if they are a UK bank then it will be acceptable.
Thanks, Isaac

Dear Isaac,
My passport was sent back to me in order to be signed.
Can you please specify me what do I have to sign. I have to take a paper and sign that indeed the passport is mine? And do I need a official stamp to verify it?
Original post by Frdrm
Dear Isaac,
My passport was sent back to me in order to be signed.
Can you please specify me what do I have to sign. I have to take a paper and sign that indeed the passport is mine? And do I need a official stamp to verify it?

If you sent your original passport then you shouldn't have to sign anything. I advise you to message us on Facebook/Twitter or call us so we can check this.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending