The Student Room Group

AQA a level physics 2020 - AUTUMN RESITS

Seeing as the first exam is now over. How did everyone find it. I thought the paper was ok overall I just made silly mistakes. I struggled on the circular motion question, the question about which wire would give brighter bulbs and the question about if frequency decreased would the amplitude of sound decrease.
for the frequency one, i said if u change frequncy, it changes wavelength but not amplitude. So changes pitch but not loudness
Reply 2
Original post by gorilla_08
for the frequency one, i said if u change frequncy, it changes wavelength but not amplitude. So changes pitch but not loudness

I wrote frequency is inversely proportional to wavelength so wavelength will increase hence the maxima separation will increase so it will get louder at C
Original post by sym1554
I wrote frequency is inversely proportional to wavelength so wavelength will increase hence the maxima separation will increase so it will get louder at C

isnt loudness proportional to the amplitude, not the wavelength?

i thought the wavelength coresponds to pitch, and amplitude to volume/loudness
Reply 4
Original post by gorilla_08
isnt loudness proportional to the amplitude, not the wavelength?

i thought the wavelength coresponds to pitch, and amplitude to volume/loudness

But this question was talking more about interference so larger wavelngth meant that the spacing was larger so you could hear the loudest further from B so closer to C therefore it will be louder

Quick Reply

Latest