The Student Room Group

Changing subjects in year 13

I do History, politics and geography a level I have predicted A* and A in politics and history however I am doing very bad in geography I have got a C predicted and today I had an assessment and I’m really struggling with not the geography context in general but the exam technique and style of the exams I find it really hard and feel like I won’t achieve an A/A* which I really need I would need to have A for my predicted but I don’t feel I will get that as I feel I failed the assessments I had this week for geography so I won’t even be able to apply for university I really want to do a level English language instead and I really regret choosing geography I had a 9 at GCSE but a level geography is very difficult for me compared to that and i just don’t know what to do as I was planning to go to university but now it looks like I won’t be able to apply for where I want beacuse of geography standing out as the only weaker grade I regret that I didn’t choose a level English and now I’m stuck and wish I could change it but I don’t know if it would be possible now which it probably won’t
Original post by _np02_
I do History, politics and geography a level I have predicted A* and A in politics and history however I am doing very bad in geography I have got a C predicted and today I had an assessment and I’m really struggling with not the geography context in general but the exam technique and style of the exams I find it really hard and feel like I won’t achieve an A/A* which I really need I would need to have A for my predicted but I don’t feel I will get that as I feel I failed the assessments I had this week for geography so I won’t even be able to apply for university I really want to do a level English language instead and I really regret choosing geography I had a 9 at GCSE but a level geography is very difficult for me compared to that and i just don’t know what to do as I was planning to go to university but now it looks like I won’t be able to apply for where I want beacuse of geography standing out as the only weaker grade I regret that I didn’t choose a level English and now I’m stuck and wish I could change it but I don’t know if it would be possible now which it probably won’t

Unfortunately it may be too late to change to another A level as you would have to catch up on a year's worth of content and practice. You would probably end up struggling more than you do with geography. The best option here is probably to arrange to have a chat with a teacher about your options or you getting extra help with geography. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.

Quick Reply

Latest