The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2021

what is the possibility that i'll get into law through adjustment in the following unis:
Exeter,Southhampton,, Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster and Leicester
Order of interest :smile:
Very limited. Law tends to be oversubscribed and few top Unis would put it in Clearing.
Liverpool, Lancaster and Leicester possibly, but the others not a hope.
Original post by Ariarix
what is the possibility that i'll get into law through adjustment in the following unis:

Unlikely for Exeter, Manchester and Southampton. Good chance for the other 3.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Very limited. Law tends to be oversubscribed and few top Unis would put it in Clearing.
Liverpool, Lancaster and Leicester possibly, but the others not a hope.

the thing is, I have seen the other universities in adjustment mentioned before but i just dont want to get my hopes up :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Unlikely for Exeter, Manchester and Southampton. Good chance for the other 3.

I have seen the other unis mentioned in adjustment but I'm still unsure about it this year so I dont want to get my hopes too high. Thank you for replying because im sooo stressed about this
Reply 5
Original post by Ariarix

Also is there any point of me calling up exeter, southampton and manchester on results day next year??
Original post by Ariarix
Also is there any point of me calling up exeter, southampton and manchester on results day next year??

If they are in Clearing and you have good grades then it is worth calling them up
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar
If they are in Clearing and you have good grades then it is worth calling them up

But adjustment is not advertised so what should i do
Original post by Ariarix
But adjustment is not advertised so what should i do

What I just said....phone them if they are advertising vacancies in Clearing.

If they have vacancies in Clearing they will not be against the idea of filling their spaces via Adjustment instead
Reply 9
Original post by harrysbar
What I just said....phone them if they are advertising vacancies in Clearing.

If they have vacancies in Clearing they will not be against the idea of filling their spaces via Adjustment instead

Ok thanks, sorry for annoying you, I just feel stressed about the whole thing
Original post by Ariarix
Ok thanks, sorry for annoying you, I just feel stressed about the whole thing

I wasn't annoyed - things can sound a bit blunt when typed out but basically I was just trying to say that you can approach any uni with vacancies after the A level results come out. As you say unis don't tend to advertise adjustment vacancies much but they do advertise Clearing vacancies and that is effectively the same thing in that it tells you they want to hear from people with the sort of grades they are looking for.
Adjustment is not the same as Clearing.

Clearing is the sell-off of all the course spaces left over in August, and open to anyone without a University place.
These vacancies are widely advertised, and Unis open Clearing Hotlines to fill places.

Adjustment is only open to applicants who have higher results than they needed for their Firm choice - and they can, if they want to, phone 'higher grade' Unis to see if they can be accepted there. These 'vacancies' are not advertised, applicants just have to phone the Uni they want to approach.
Reply 12
Original post by McGinger
Adjustment is not the same as Clearing.

Clearing is the sell-off of all the course spaces left over in August, and open to anyone without a University place.
These vacancies are widely advertised, and Unis open Clearing Hotlines to fill places.

Adjustment is only open to applicants who have higher results than they needed for their Firm choice - and they can, if they want to, phone 'higher grade' Unis to see if they can be accepted there. These 'vacancies' are not advertised, applicants just have to phone the Uni they want to approach.

so what is the possibility that these unis will go into adjustment?
Original post by Ariarix

Very little. Places like Exeter and Manchester will probably fill all their spaces before clearing adjustment takes places. Whilst they might be different they both work on unfilled places and normally there arent any. Exeter does sometimes have places in their Penryn campus should you be interested.
Original post by Ariarix

Southampton accepted people via Clearing last year with ABB for Law so presumably they would have also accepted people with good grades via Adjustment who had exceeded the results required by their Firm choice Unis.

Exeter were not in Clearing last year for Home students but they were the year before at their Penryn campus. It changes every year - you will just have to wait to see if you do qualify for Adjustment and if so, which Unis have vacancies
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending