The Student Room Group

No one follows the covid rules at my uni and it scares me

Every night people are having halls parties and getting drunk there's so many people having sex there's no social distancing, I got called a snitch for reporting a party going on, my concerns have been ignored I just don't feel safe at uni, advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Every night people are having halls parties and getting drunk there's so many people having sex there's no social distancing, I got called a snitch for reporting a party going on, my concerns have been ignored I just don't feel safe at uni, advice?

Complain. Take some footage and leak to media.
Don't worry. :smile:
Just ensure that you to avoid sharing drinking bottles and prevent all direct skin contact with other students.
Try to socially distance from those outside of your household as much as you can.
Good luck!
It's so annoying. The more those not social distancing pass on the virus the more everyone else has to carry on issolating and sheilding. I haven't been to a bar or restaurant or anything like that since February. February! I literally can't go there because of the virus. 10 minutes, 2 metres apart, even with a mask on, is enough to pass on the virus. And everytime you take your mask off to eat or drink something, even for a few seconds, is enough to breathe something in. What did people going to uni think this year would be like? If the majority of their classes are online then did they think their social life would be completely normal? Just so frustrating.
Reply 4
I know and last night again people were partying and having sex we were told not to do that at the start of term
I would call you a snitch too no one has the right to stop us living our lives, for the record I been to about 3 parties and one I organised and had sex
a lot of people dont follow the rules at my uni either. thankfully my flatmates this year are lovely and once they knew i was high risk they all said they’d be following the rules! our flat may end up being the only covid-free spot on campus 😂
Reply 7
I would call you a snitch too no one has the right to stop us living our lives, for the record I been to about 3 parties and one I organised and had sex

The government absolutely has that right, fact of the matter is it's breaking the law and you can be prosecuted for it
Original post by Sinnoh
The government absolutely has that right, fact of the matter is it's breaking the law and you can be prosecuted for it

I don't care what the government says plus one of theirs broke the rules anyway why should we listen
I don't care what the government says plus one of theirs broke the rules anyway why should we listen

A lot more than just one of theirs have been breaking the rules, bunch of arrogant hypocrites

Original post by chopingirl
A lot more than just one of theirs have been breaking the rules, bunch of arrogant hypocrites

As much as I agree that they’re arrogant hypocrites, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be following the rules. It’s incredibly selfish to not follow the rules; just imagine how many people might die because you couldn’t bear not going to a few parties
(edited 3 years ago)

Wow you're really cool I wish I could be like you!!1!!1!
But for real, fair enough if you want to meet up with your friends every now and again but three parties is just the height of selfishness. Really goes to show how much people lack basic common sense.

Well guess what, you’re taking away lots of people’s right to live their lives by killing them
Life's too short?
There's a lot of Chinese students studying at UK universities... Wonder what they're making of the disease mongering activities of the UK students?

Have the unis bubbled them off so that they're not exposed?
Original post by Sinnoh

Pity the law isn't being applied at Dover/Calais.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Well guess what, you’re taking away lots of people’s right to live their lives by killing them

Sad fact is a lot of people don't care, our lives don't matter. It's why a lot of shielders (myself included) are still shielding despite it being paused.

Just leave them alone and don’t report them again or you are a snitch
Original post by chloenix
Wow you're really cool I wish I could be like you!!1!!1!
But for real, fair enough if you want to meet up with your friends every now and again but three parties is just the height of selfishness. Really goes to show how much people lack basic common sense.

I will not let the government control us I also believe China are deliberately sending people to this country to infect people
Original post by Joinedup
There's a lot of Chinese students studying at UK universities... Wonder what they're making of the disease mongering activities of the UK students?

Have the unis bubbled them off so that they're not exposed?

Should they even be in Britain at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending