The Student Room Group

Did anyone else find this years LNAT extremely difficult

Was averaging 24 on Arbitio and got 33/34 on the official LNAT practice tests, but found the actual LNAT exam today more difficult that the practice tests and nearly on par with Arbitio. Was also more difficult than last year's LNAT imo.

Have no clue how it went because I was confused between two choices on so many of them .

Did anyone else find it harder than their practice ones/last year's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ayesla
Was averaging 24 on Arbitio and got 33/34 on the official LNAT practice tests, but found the actual LNAT exam today more difficult that the practice tests and nearly on par with Arbitio. Was also more difficult than last year's LNAT imo.

Have no clue how it went because I was confused between two choices on so many of them .

Yes! I feel the exact same as you. I was always undecided between two options and I kept second guessing myself and changing my answers. Not feeling good about the LNAT at all.
Reply 2
Original post by madpaddington
Yes! I feel the exact same as you. I was always undecided between two options and I kept second guessing myself and changing my answers. Not feeling good about the LNAT at all.

Are you applying to Oxford?
Original post by ayesla
Are you applying to Oxford?

No, I’m applying to Durham, King’s and Bristol for LNAT
Oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me! I was a bit confused because I was getting really solid marks in both arbitio and the LNAT practices and I thought that the LNAT exam was really difficult :frown:
Reply 5
I havent even booked mine yet.... now I'm worried.
Reply 6
Great, this gives me confidence in sitting my test 🤣
Original post by Charlieefinch
Great, this gives me confidence in sitting my test 🤣

Hahaha well it’s all subjective I suppose, maybe you’ll find it a piece of cake! 😂
Reply 8
Original post by madpaddington
Hahaha well it’s all subjective I suppose, maybe you’ll find it a piece of cake! 😂

I doubt it, my practice scores aren’t promising, but hey there’s always the possibility of guessing them all right ! 😂😂
I doubt it, my practice scores aren’t promising, but hey there’s always the possibility of guessing them all right ! 😂😂

Exactly 😂 Good luck! You’ll need it this year 😩
Reply 10
I took mine on Monday 23 of Nov and I also thought it was more difficult than expected. They always say that Arbitio is much harder than the real thing, however this year the difficulty is similar, the questions given are not as hard as Arbitio neither are some of the passages however the options given are very similar making them confusing. The challenging part is the essay bit, I remember I gave a very basic response to mine. After the exam I just did not know how to feel, I finished both sections but I was not confident, 24 hours later I get an offer from Durham, so guys have confidence in yourself and pray to God because I truly believe he saved me on this one.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by teselya
I took mine on Monday 23 of Nov and I also thought it was more difficult than expected. They always say that Arbitio is much harder than the real thing, however this year the difficulty is similar, the questions given are not as hard as Arbitio neither are some of the passages however the options given are very similar making them confusing. The challenging part is the essay bit, I remember I gave a very basic response to mine. After the exam I just did not know how to feel, I finished both sections but I was not confident, 24 hours later I get an offer from Durham, so guys have confidence in yourself and pray to God because I truly believe he saved me on this one.

The exact same thing happened to me! I thought it went terribly but then received an unconditional from Durham not too long after x
Original post by ayesla

Hey There,

LNAT is just one of those things where it is quite hard to say how you have done, especially on the multi-choice section. I wouldn't stress too much give that it is behind you now. I've also done the LNAT this year and found it to be hard as well.
What uni's r u applying for?
Many take into account the essay section.

tbh even if you tank the Section A, your essay may make up for it :smile: i still have to do mine and i’m so nervous
Original post by teselya

what were the essay questions like? i’m so worried i won’t know what to write about for any of them
I thought that it was super difficult, but I have since received an offer for Bristol, so I am perhaps wondering if the average is low this year?
Original post by 0liviaagracew
I thought that it was super difficult, but I have since received an offer for Bristol, so I am perhaps wondering if the average is low this year?

Congrats on the offer from Bristol.

I’m not sure if Bristol will have the average of all LNAT scores cause people are still doing it.
LNAT don’t release the average until February, I think.

When did u send your application off? I’ve also applied to Bristol.
Reply 17
Just finished the LNAT, it was hard but not as hard as arbitio. I don’t want to make any predictions in case I flopped it lol.
Reply 18
I did find mine easier than arbitio but it’s so hard to tell how I’ve done.
Reply 19
Original post by dowbt
I did find mine easier than arbitio but it’s so hard to tell how I’ve done.

Exactly. Can’t doubt it was easier, but just because it was easier doesn’t necessarily mean we done better

Quick Reply