The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I will be sitting it. Not sure on the potential topics though. Anyone else have any ideas?
Finally, some ppl who are retaking. Honestly, I'm confused just like you guys are. But I'm just doing past papers.
Original post by z.ainab
Hi, I will be sitting it. Not sure on the potential topics though. Anyone else have any ideas?

But the first paper is most likely going to contain lots of module 5. According to all papers I've done.
Original post by medcinenerd
But the first paper is most likely going to contain lots of module 5. According to all papers I've done.

last years paper had a lot of plant hormones, some animal hormones , vasoconstriction, heart and how the lungs are adapted for gaseous exchange off memory and a benedicts question so i expect excretion to definitely be on
Original post by eibmathsresit
last years paper had a lot of plant hormones, some animal hormones , vasoconstriction, heart and how the lungs are adapted for gaseous exchange off memory and a benedicts question so i expect excretion to definitely be on

Thx man. Appreciate the info.
Reply 6
Original post by eibmathsresit

oh okay, thanks
I think liver and kidney stuff for sure. Last year seemed heavier on photosynthesis so i think maybe more respiration this year. Muscle contraction stuff hasn't been tested much in the new spec. Neuronal communication didn't come up much in 2019
How is everyone feeling for tomorrow?
Original post by sufyahmed

scared. nervous. tried to revise 2 years of content in 2 months. So.....

nauseous, I know the content but I worry that I won’t be able to apply it to questions
Does anyone know where I can find the 2019 papers. Ik it’s last minute but thought I’d ask
PM me your email i'll send them to you as PDF's. They're on exambuilder if you have access.
Original post by marvelm
Does anyone know where I can find the 2019 papers. Ik it’s last minute but thought I’d ask
PM me your email i'll send them to you as PDF's. They're on exambuilder if you have access.

I just PM'd you with my email, could you send them to me too
thank you so much!!
Hi just hopping on here to say how rubbish I feel (((:::: tomorrow is going to be a nightmare 😭
Original post by nazzkhatun
Hi just hopping on here to say how rubbish I feel (((:::: tomorrow is going to be a nightmare 😭

Literally same, I think we’re all in the same boat as there doesn’t seem to be many OCR a people retaking so praying the grade boundaries save us!!
just hoping it’s a good paper as my paper two knowledge is poop so hoping to max out all the marks i can on this paper which is normally the better one hoping for good six markers
Reply 17
havent even touched bio yet and i need an a😭
Honestly with the way things are going don’t think the grade boundaries can save me (((: ha ha ha cryin

Original post by ellbowden
Literally same, I think we’re all in the same boat as there doesn’t seem to be many OCR a people retaking so praying the grade boundaries save us!!
Reply 19
Phrasing tips:

Describe- just state what is happening. (i.e usually trends in a graph) dont give a reason

Explain - give a reason using your own biological knowledge

Suggest - Something youre probably not specifically taught but apply what you already know, to suggest a possible reason (general not specific)

validity - repeats reduce impact of anomaly,
controlled variables

Accuracy - qualitative/quantitive
- use more intermediate values

Good luck everyone tomorrow. If you're nervous just remember virtually most people are in the same situation and are will be feeling equally nervous. Try to get good sleep and remember its just an exam at the end of the day, Hope we all smash it.

Latest

Trending

Trending