Is anyone thinking about applying to Hartpury uni 2021?

Watch
Horse girl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If so, what course are you thinking of doing?
AB0809
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I'm thinking of applying to do agriculture at hartpury uni.
Horse girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AB0809)
Yes, I'm thinking of applying to do agriculture at hartpury uni.
Nice, I’m thinking of doing one of the equine courses at Hartpury. What other unis are you thinking of applying to?
AB0809
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Horse girl)
Nice, I’m thinking of doing one of the equine courses at Hartpury. What other unis are you thinking of applying to?
I'm thinking of applying to RAU as well as it's quite close to me like hartpury is (about an hour away). I would live in at uni, but don't want to be too far away from home which is why I'm not applying to Harper. I'm leaning more towards Hartpury though as they have their own farm and so there would be more practical stuff I think. However, I've just read some reviews about there being a lack of communication between the lecturers which I'm a bit worried about... also the lack of societies. what other unis are you thinking of applying to?
Horse girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AB0809)
I'm thinking of applying to RAU as well as it's quite close to me like hartpury is (about an hour away). I would live in at uni, but don't want to be too far away from home which is why I'm not applying to Harper. I'm leaning more towards Hartpury though as they have their own farm and so there would be more practical stuff I think. However, I've just read some reviews about there being a lack of communication between the lecturers which I'm a bit worried about... also the lack of societies. what other unis are you thinking of applying to?
Nice! I looked at RAU too, but decided I didn’t like it so much because of the same reasons- it looks too classroom based and not practical enough. I haven’t really heard much about the lack of societies and communication in Hartpury though- I’ve mainly just been focusing on the course content at the moment so I should probably research that part a little, haha. I’m sure it’s probably fine though- from what I’ve seen so far I do really like Hartpury.

I’m also thinking about Nottingham Trent as one of my other main options. It’s a shame that we can’t really go and see them properly yet because of the corona virus.
maturelo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve applied for Equine Science at Hartpury!
Horse girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by maturelo)
I’ve applied for Equine Science at Hartpury!
Same! I’ve also applied to do the equine performance and rehab course! Do you ride?
maturelo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Horse girl)
Same! I’ve also applied to do the equine performance and rehab course! Do you ride?
Oh cool!! I looked at performance and rehab but decided on science as it will give me a broader range of options after graduating.
I do but won’t be bringing my horse. How about you?
Horse girl
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by maturelo)
Oh cool!! I looked at performance and rehab but decided on science as it will give me a broader range of options after graduating.
I do but won’t be bringing my horse. How about you?
Fair enough, that’s why I decided to apply for science as well, but I do really like the look of the rehab course! I do ride, but sadly I don’t have my own horse yet (
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads