The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theJoyfulGeek
I couldn't find a thread for KCL 2021 applicants, so here goes.

1. What A-levels are you taking and what grades are you hoping for?
2. What subject(s) are you applying to at KCL?
3. What were your GCSE grades?
4. Why KCL?
5. Which other unis are you applying to?
6. Have you gone to any of the (virtual?) open days for KCL?

Edit: this thread by @StrawberryDreams has links to all the other university applicant threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6630884

1. Economics (A*), Politics (A), Mathematics (A)
2. PPE or Political Economy
3. 8766666644 (not too great, I know)
4. I love London, there seems to be so many opportunities here, especially in the political and economic sphere
5. UCL, Goldsmiths, Kent, (still deciding on the 4th).
6. Yes, I did earlier in the year.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Does anyone know when King's gives out offers? Do applicants by the 15th October get earlier ones, or not? Thanks!

I think it just depends on what you’re applying for, some take a lot longer than others. Not sure if applying before the 15th will get you an earlier offer though.
I'm an international applicant and i haven't done A-levels (different curriculum) so idk how knowing my grades could help any of you, but here:

1. Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English language & lit
2. Medicine (A100)
4. course structure, I know some students who go there and they seem to love it, I think I'll do well living in a city
6. Haven't

I'm taking a gap year, and I already know my grades so I don't have any predicted grades.
Original post by aabhak
I'm an international applicant and i haven't done A-levels (different curriculum) so idk how knowing my grades could help any of you, but here:

1. Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English language & lit
2. Medicine (A100)
4. course structure, I know some students who go there and they seem to love it, I think I'll do well living in a city
6. Haven't

I'm taking a gap year, and I already know my grades so I don't have any predicted grades.

What are you doing on your gap year? Are you enjoying it so far?
I've done courses and learnt some skills (many fun ones that probably won't help me with my application but they're fun and I have time). Right now, I'm preparing for interviews. It's kind of scary since I tend to panic but I hope I do well. I want to travel but I don't have a license and I don't see the point in getting one right now. No international travel either because I want to be safe.
The gap year has been great, actually. Mine sort of started near the end of March because that's when my final exams ended.
I couldn't find a thread for KCL 2021 applicants, so here goes.

4. Why KCL?

Edit: this thread by @StrawberryDreams has links to all the other university applicant threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6630884

1. Biology, Chemistry, Photography and I’m predicted AAA* :33
2. I’m applying to biomedical sciences and Medical physiology
3. GCSE grades are 888887766
4. I’d love to study in london and KCL has a really great department for biomed
5. UCL, St. Georges and Westminster :tongue:pp

Idk how good my chances are but I’d love to study there :smile:
If you retake your A levels twice, would King’s let you in for course like biomed?

I took my A level first at 2019, now resitting them in October might do it again this summer
Original post by Anonymous
If you retake your A levels twice, would King’s let you in for course like biomed?

I took my A level first at 2019, now resitting them in October might do it again this summer

I don’t think King’s accept re-sits at all.

For accurate info defo check the website, or call/email admissions. If I had to guess I’d say that Kings are kinda strict with re-sits but honestly with this sorta q it’s better to ask those fully in the know!
Original post by justjas33
For accurate info defo check the website, or call/email admissions. If I had to guess I’d say that Kings are kinda strict with re-sits but honestly with this sorta q it’s better to ask those fully in the know!

Yh, I’ll ask them later, I’ve already emailed UCL about the same thing aswell and just waiting for their reply
I don’t think King’s accept re-sits at all.

No they do, I’m already holding an offer
No they do, I’m already holding an offer

Oh sorry, my mistake. Says no re-sits accepted for Law on their website. Maybe a subject-specific thing.
Oh sorry, my mistake. Says no re-sits accepted for Law on their website. Maybe a subject-specific thing.

Yh and for medicine as well they don’t accept retakes but I’m planning on studying biomed
Yh and for medicine as well they don’t accept retakes but I’m planning on studying biomed

I see, sorry about that. I thought it was just a general rule
Yh, I’ll ask them later, I’ve already emailed UCL about the same thing aswell and just waiting for their reply

Ah ok cwl, I hope you get the answer you’re looking for
Is anyone going to be doing chemistry with biomedicine?
Reply 56
Is anyone going to be doing chemistry with biomedicine?

That’s what I’ll be applying for!
Reply 57
Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, hoping for A*AA / AAA
MSci Chemistry with Biomedicine
9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 7
4. Why KCL?
I’m on the K+ programme and it seems to be a really good uni
Exeter & Leeds (and possibly York & Keele but that’s undecided for now)

No
How do you contact kings admin team via email before you’ve applied there, I’ve searched thorough their entire website but can’t seem to find it
anyone going to study Physics? I am a current Physics student at Kings! Good luck everybody!!

Latest