The Student Room Group

Assistant immigration officer - Pathway

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone completed this interview yet that could give any advice
Hi all, I have an interview too with a closing date of the 16th! How are you all preparing??
has anyone completed this yet :frown: im trying to prepare and I do not know if what im doing is right?
any clues on what it may consist of??
thanks guys
Original post by isabelbucklow9
has anyone completed this yet :frown: im trying to prepare and I do not know if what im doing is right?
any clues on what it may consist of??
thanks guys

No idea, I’m preparing now and just been doing this... writing out example questions and then doing star and giving examplesimage.jpg
Original post by Kieralou98
No idea, I’m preparing now and just been doing this... writing out example questions and then doing star and giving examplesimage.jpg

omg phewww Ive been doing the same.. i hope its right!
omg phewww Ive been doing the same.. i hope its right!

Me too, found a website online with a load of example questions. Have you got some or do you want me to send it to you?
Me too, found a website online with a load of example questions. Have you got some or do you want me to send it to you?

I did find one! but i'd appreciate if you Pm'd me yours too as it may be different. thank you so much! do you have any idea about strength based questions too?
Any chance you could send me them please?
Reply 28
Hey, I have been looking through things tonight and so stuck on what I should be preparing for! Would it be ok if you sent me the website you have been looking at please?
Original post by aab3!
Hey, I have been looking through things tonight and so stuck on what I should be preparing for! Would it be ok if you sent me the website you have been looking at please?

Course, pm’d you
I am not sure about the strength questions too. If someone can send me something too on here to help.
Hi I’ve got a interview aswell! I am really struggling on what to say! Could someone send me a link for practice questions please or some advice :smile: thanks x
(edited 3 years ago)
I did find one! but i'd appreciate if you Pm'd me yours too as it may be different. thank you so much! do you have any idea about strength based questions too?

Please could you PM me the link? :smile:
Has anyone completed the interview yet and has any advice on the questions they will ask?
Reply 35

Hey, are you preparing for every behaviour/competency? I read in the description that they're assessing us on 3: Working Together, Communicating & Influencing and Making Effective Decisions.. Does this mean they're only going to be asking questions based on those behaviours?
Original post by kim97x
Hey, are you preparing for every behaviour/competency? I read in the description that they're assessing us on 3: Working Together, Communicating & Influencing and Making Effective Decisions.. Does this mean they're only going to be asking questions based on those behaviours?

I thought that too.. but then its an hour 30 long so im like waaahhh😭
Do you have any clue on strength based qs?
Reply 37
I thought that too.. but then its an hour 30 long so im like waaahhh😭
Do you have any clue on strength based qs?

An hour 30?! Wow I didn't know that! I'm going to prepare today and maybe do the interview tomorrow.

Strength based questions you can't really prepare for - they want natural answers and can tell when you're reciting rehearsed things. They just want to find out what you're good at naturally, what motivates you and what makes you thrive etc. For example "How would your friends describe you?" "What are your weaknesses?" "How do you keep yourself motivated after a setback?" "When did you achieve something you are most proud of?"

I hope this helps - I'm no expert on the behaviour-based questions but the strengths I feel come naturally :smile:
?

I've not done an interview for a long time and especially not one for CS. I work for NHS been here for 16 years.
Yeah that’s what I thought.. might help to see others answers. PM me your number and I’ll set it up. I’m just practicing now, I work in Domestic Violence refuge so big change too. Been in the police previously but never civil service

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending