The Student Room Group

Primark interview

hi guys i applied to primark a few days ago and got an email today for an interview. What questions do they ask? I am super nervous and need this job any help would be appreciated thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same boat as you, where is your Primark? I have my interview tomorrow.
Reply 2
good luck! mine is in luton x
They usually ask questions like why medicine? Why this uni? Why not nursing? etc..
Reply 4
primark! 🤣 not uni
Original post by mash48
primark! 🤣 not uni

ik
Reply 6
Original post by ImARebel
Same boat as you, where is your Primark? I have my interview tomorrow.

omg hpw did it go! and waht did they ask
Reply 7
Original post by mash48
omg hpw did it go! and waht did they ask

They started off by asking some questions about your availability, if you are a student, previous employers, etc. Then they'll ask you questions like "If there was someone who really like something on display on a mannequin but you didn't have the item in stock and the only one left is on the mannequin, what would you do?
Top 5 attributes for retail?
Have you ever worked in a team?
If so what is the most important thing?
What do you know about Primark? (fvcked up that one mostly lol)
If there was a woman with a buggy who knocked a load of clothes over, which you had to pick up, a customer asking you something, and an empty space on the table for more stock to go, what would you do in what order and why?
Tell me about yourself?

It went very well thank you, and be sure to bring your proof you can work in the UK, your NI letter and your CV. I wore a black turtle neck and black jeans with some flat shoes. It was an interview on an individual basis which I was really happy about. It lasts around 30 minutes and it's easy and I'd say relaxed but still professional, as in they don't talk to you like they're your mate. They sit, agree a lot, maybe prompt you, and ask questions. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 8
They started off by asking some questions about your availability, if you are a student, previous employers, etc. Then they'll ask you questions like "If there was someone who really like something on display on a mannequin but you didn't have the item in stock and the only one left is on the mannequin, what would you do?
If there was a woman with a buggy who knocked a load of clothes over, which you had to pick up, a customer asking you something, and an empty space on the table for more stock to go, what would you do in what order and why?
Tell me about yourself?

It went very well thank you, and be sure to bring your proof you can work in the UK, your NI letter and your CV. I wore a black turtle neck and black jeans with some flat shoes. It was an interview on an individual basis which I was really happy about. It lasts around 30 minutes and it's easy and I'd say relaxed but still professional, as in they don't talk to you like they're your mate. They sit, agree a lot, maybe prompt you, and ask questions. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :smile:

thank you so so much :smile: im glad it went well for you hopefully u get the job!! mine is soon and im freaking out bc i suck at scenario based qs but honestly thank u for answering i appreciate it!!
Reply 9
Original post by mash48
thank you so so much :smile: im glad it went well for you hopefully u get the job!! mine is soon and im freaking out bc i suck at scenario based qs but honestly thank u for answering i appreciate it!!

I actually found out today I got the job! I'm well happy about it. If you want I can tell you exactly what I said for all of the answers? When is your interview?
Good luck
You will be in the christmas team they dont ask much its very easy to get a job in primark a very high turn over of staff
Reply 12
I actually found out today I got the job! I'm well happy about it. If you want I can tell you exactly what I said for all of the answers? When is your interview?

OMGG WELL DONE!!! thank u so much but i had my interview yesterday :smile: i think it went alright butt i will find out this week i guess :smile: congrats again 😃
Original post by mash48
OMGG WELL DONE!!! thank u so much but i had my interview yesterday :smile: i think it went alright butt i will find out this week i guess :smile: congrats again 😃

Aw I hope you get the job! Be sure to update us :smile: Thank you so much.
Right so this is how it went down:

They started off by asking some questions about your availability, if you are a student, previous employers, etc.
This is your own details

Then they'll ask you questions like "If there was someone who really like something on display on a mannequin but you didn't have the item in stock and the only one left is on the mannequin, what would you do?
Firstly I asked whether this item was only temporarily out of stock or permanently. She started with temporary. It said that I would apologise, find out when the item is back in stock an inform the customer, and also tell them if it's in stock in any stores nearby. If it was never going back in s said I would ask the manager if I could give the item to the customer, because it is going above and beyond for the customer, giving them good customer service. Also there is no point displaying an item that is not even going to be in stock.

Friendly, communicative, nice, talkative, caring

Yes I have been in football teams

Good relationships

It is an Irish company and there are a lot of collabs between Billie Eillish, Stranger Things, Disney and more. (you can google this one though but it doesn't matter that much as I still got the job).

The order goes: Customer (because they always come first, professional), Stock (health and safety, primark's reputation), Stock (it doesn't hurt anyone)

Tell me about yourself?
I just told them about my depop reselling and I'm passionate about fashion.

If I think of anything else I'll add it on here :smile:
Reply 15
Aw I hope you get the job! Be sure to update us :smile: Thank you so much.

aaaah I just foundout today i got the job!!!!! thank you so much for your help! good luck on your first day :smile:
Please ask for or share interview questions/details (against TSR rules).
EDIT: was meant to say please DON'T ask
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m so happy for you!
I wanna know is NI compulsory because I am unable to get one cos they stopped application for now due to CoVid
Reply 19
Original post by 1st superstar
Please ask for or share interview questions/details (against TSR rules).

if you scroll up, someone posted the questions x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending