The Student Room Group

Letter of Reference

Hi, I am currently applying for Eng Lit at Oxford and a couple other colleges (Edinburgh ,King's College) . My nominated referee has submitted the reference but she is unable to provide predicted grades. I emailed Oxford and they highly recommend predicted grades in order to be selected for the interview stage.
Is there anyway I can still be considered for admission without the predicted grades ?
And if there isn't, is there anyway my referee can submit the grades after I've send the application?
Before anything, it's important we get one thing clear, when Oxford has said they require predicted grades, it would mean you're 100% required for it. They dont have to change anything for any applicants. When they say highly likely, they mean you have to. They use that terminology in case of applicants with special circumstances in the past they've allowed it through, and dont want to seem to have any discrimination.

So, no. Without predicted grades its almost impossible for you to get the interview. Why cant your referee give you a predicted grade? If you're a private candidate, perhaps ask Oxford personally how they can receive predicted grades for private candidates, and be sure to do this for your other choices aswell. Remember, it is crucial that they get a predicted grade to get the gist of your performance at A Level, and therefore you will be in competition with the elite students with perfect predicted grades of 3 or 4 A*. So, even if you do find a way, it is highly advisable that you get predicted grades submitted to all your choices anyway.

All the best
- Find another ref who can provide predictions, (you haven't described your circumstances, are you at school/college? Who is your current ref? Are you a private candidate? Are you being tutored?)
- Ask Oxford if they'll accept predictions via email or some other means shortly after you've applied
Original post by Infinityyyy.yy
Hi, I am currently applying for Eng Lit at Oxford and a couple other colleges (Edinburgh ,King's College) . My nominated referee has submitted the reference but she is unable to provide predicted grades. I emailed Oxford and they highly recommend predicted grades in order to be selected for the interview stage.
Is there anyway I can still be considered for admission without the predicted grades ?
And if there isn't, is there anyway my referee can submit the grades after I've send the application?

I would suggest you find a reference who can offer predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending