The Student Room Group

Uni Students, plz answer this honestly ...

How many confirmed cases of COVID19 at your uni would it take before YOU refuse to go on campus, to your lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials, etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ngl, I'm not sure.
Reply 2
Original post by gtty123
Ngl, I'm not sure.

there has been 80 confirmed cases at my uni and im still going in, however, as someone who is diabetic, severely asthmatic, and a weakened immune system (im a commuting student), i dont really feel safe anymore with that many confirmed cases. was wondering wht number of confirmed cases at ur uni it would take until you'd refuse to go on campus and attend uni
My uni has hundreds of cases and I’m still fairly happy going in (although they’ve actually paused face to face for a couple of weeks). The classes are all socially distanced small groups with masks, and I feel they’re fairly low risk.

The people who are shouting the most in group chats about how dangerous in person classes are, seem to be the people who were posting party pictures on social media in freshers week and plan to ignore local lockdown rules :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by Desideri
My uni has hundreds of cases and I’m still fairly happy going in (although they’ve actually paused face to face for a couple of weeks). The classes are all socially distanced small groups with masks, and I feel they’re fairly low risk.

The people who are shouting the most in group chats about how dangerous in person classes are, seem to be the people who were posting party pictures on social media in freshers week and plan to ignore local lockdown rules :rolleyes:

wht hypocrites!:mad2:
Reply 5

if you were in my situation, would you still be happy going in, see the my anon comment above yours which explains everything
Reply 6
ok, thx u, i didn't know if i was over-reacting?
well i’m back home now soooo however many there is now i guess. i dont even know lol. went home because of the amount in my accommodation
Reply 8
ok, thx u so much for your support xx
I've developed some of the symptoms today 🙃
Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR
I've developed some of the symptoms today 🙃

:cry2: wht symptoms, also have u booked a test?
Original post by MadameRazz
well i’m back home now soooo however many there is now i guess. i dont even know lol. went home because of the amount in my accommodation

Where were you at? What happens to your rent?
Original post by Anonymous
:cry2: wht symptoms, also have u booked a test?

A bit of a cough, slightly dry throat and a bit of a fever/weakness. On the other hand; it seems to not be affecting me very badly compared to some common colds. I've not yet booked a test; I'm away from where I live atm cause I've been on a training course for work
Original post by Anonymous
if you were in my situation, would you still be happy going in, see the my anon comment above yours which explains everything

I don’t know how your conditions affect you so I don’t really want to answer.

FWIW I also have a chronic illness and take steroids so my immune system’s not great, but I’ve kind of developed an attitude of “I just want to live my life while I can”. Like sometimes I can’t go to class or see friends because I’m in hospital or too ill, so I try to make the most out of the times when I can do things, even if that’s a bit risky.
I don’t know how your conditions affect you so I don’t really want to answer.

FWIW I also have a chronic illness and take steroids so my immune system’s not great, but I’ve kind of developed an attitude of “I just want to live my life while I can”. Like sometimes I can’t go to class or see friends because I’m in hospital or too ill, so I try to make the most out of the times when I can do things, even if that’s a bit risky.

aww, gal, i feel you, the missed out opportunities with friends becos of hospital is deffo something i can relate to. i take steroids too xx:frown:
I’d go in regardless of case numbers.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I’d go in regardless of case numbers.

thx for your honesty xx
I'd still go in unless my flat needs to isolate.
Original post by Chronoscope
I'd still go in unless my flat needs to isolate.

:borat:
Original post by MajorFader
Where were you at? What happens to your rent?

i’m keeping my room so i’m still paying rent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending