The Student Room Group

Failed my exams so I need advise

I've done most of my autumn exams and I've come to a conclusion that I'm going to fail and get Cs and Ds. I want to retake my exams in May and June but apply for university with my current grades. The universities have BBB entry requirements and I have CCD. If I put on ucas that I am retaking then do you think they will give me an offer? I have checked and most unis accept retakes but since my achieved grades are much lower than their entry requirements do I still have a chance.
Bump
Bump again idk
Use your ucas predictions to apply mate.
If they accept retakes then they should accept you if your predicted is put down as BBB and you specify that you're retaking. However, you should double check with all your universities by emailing or calling them
Original post by Justthoughts17
I've done most of my autumn exams and I've come to a conclusion that I'm going to fail and get Cs and Ds. I want to retake my exams in May and June but apply for university with my current grades. The universities have BBB entry requirements and I have CCD. If I put on ucas that I am retaking then do you think they will give me an offer? I have checked and most unis accept retakes but since my achieved grades are much lower than their entry requirements do I still have a chance.

Have you taken the A levels you didn't sit in the summer? If so, they aren't retakes. What were/are your predicted grades? There isn't enough info here to understand your situation.
Original post by threeportdrift
Have you taken the A levels you didn't sit in the summer? If so, they aren't retakes. What were/are your predicted grades? There isn't enough info here to understand your situation.

Yes I'm doing them right now as autumn exams. I got told that since I'm retaking then I can put the predicted grades myself with what ever grades I want of course ill be logical with them.
Original post by Ferrari08
Use your ucas predictions to apply mate.

By ucas predictions can I put down whatever predictions I want since I'm retaking or is it the old predictions that I had?
Yes I'm doing them right now as autumn exams. I got told that since I'm retaking then I can put the predicted grades myself with what ever grades I want of course ill be logical with them.

So they aren't retakes, they are first sittings. If you can put in your own predicted grades then you need to work out what your strategy is, but just as important is to pick 5 unis that stretch across 1 long shot, two at what you should get and two as a worst case.
Original post by chemistrylab
If they accept retakes then they should accept you if your predicted is put down as BBB and you specify that you're retaking. However, you should double check with all your universities by emailing or calling them

Do I put down my predictions as BBB or do I have to get a prediction from my school. I got really low grades for

So they aren't retakes, they are first sittings. If you can put in your own predicted grades then you need to work out what your strategy is, but just as important is to pick 5 unis that stretch across 1 long shot, two at what you should get and two as a worst case.

I think you didn't read my first post. I am failing these autumn exams so I want to do them in the summer. Therefore if I apply do I apply with predicted grades or these grades that I get for the autumn exams
By ucas predictions can I put down whatever predictions I want since I'm retaking or is it the old predictions that I had?

The predictions u used to apply to unis first time round.
I think you didn't read my first post. I am failing these autumn exams so I want to do them in the summer. Therefore if I apply do I apply with predicted grades or these grades that I get for the autumn exams

Your school has to predict you BBB. What did they predict you last year?
Do I put down my predictions as BBB or do I have to get a prediction from my school. I got really low grades for

But you don't know you've failed them. You'll have to put them on your UCAS form, because you have to declare everything. I don't know when these Oct results come out, but you can't plan on retaking them in the summer when you don't have the results yet.
Original post by chemistrylab
Your school has to predict you BBB. What did they predict you last year?

I heard that I can put them what I want because I'm a private candidate now?
I heard that I can put them what I want because I'm a private candidate now?

Have you checked with your school? Your school also has to provide your references unless someone else is doing it for you. In fact, you can just reuse last year's predictions and references. I'm also a private candidate :smile:
But you don't know you've failed them. You'll have to put them on your UCAS form, because you have to declare everything. I don't know when these Oct results come out, but you can't plan on retaking them in the summer when you don't have the results yet.

Trust me I've failed them. What with predictions can I put them as what I think I'll get as I'm a private candidate
Trust me I've failed them. What with predictions can I put them as what I think I'll get as I'm a private candidate

Contact your old school mate and u can send in ur application using your ucas predictions and sit them in the summer exactly how a current year 13 would do. Most unis don’t care about resits as long as you get the grades.
Original post by Ferrari08
Contact your old school mate and u can send in ur application using your ucas predictions and sit them in the summer exactly how a current year 13 would do. Most unis don’t care about resits as long as you get the grades.

My main question is that wether i get to put my ucas predictions or my school does. I'm a private candidate so surely it has to be me
My main question is that wether i get to put my ucas predictions or my school does. I'm a private candidate so surely it has to be me

It’s the school unfortunately. Unless ur with an external exam centre and u have done assessments there so they can give u a prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending