The Student Room Group

Probation officer 2020 July intake

Scroll to see replies

Yes I have heard back from the assessment day - it took 3 days for me to hear. I applied for the south! X
Reply 21
Original post by Madelinescarlet
Yes I have heard back from the assessment day - it took 3 days for me to hear. I applied for the south! X

No way! I’ve been checking my emails religiously hopefully I hear back soon :smile: x
Reply 22
Original post by Lucos117
Hey, I’m sure you done great, well done! I applied to Wales probation so I’m yet to do my assessment day. It’s at the end of the month so fingers crossed. It’s my first one so any tips please?

Thank you:smile: I would just say get your examples ready, practice writing within a limited time and to be yourself. Good luck im sure you’ll be fine!!
Reply 23
Im also 9b North East - how was the virtual assessment ? ive just booked mine for oct 7th sounds scary !!
Reply 24
Hey, what is the virtual assessment like? Mine is in October and I am really worried about the role-plays and written task lol. What was your roleplays? And what as the written task like? My punctuation and grammar are awful, hence why I am worried.
Well done! have you heard back yet? Was it difficult would you say? How long roughly did it take you? xx
Reply 26
All I will say is it’s not as bad as you think- just don’t over think and don’t plan I didn’t plan any answers or anything and pleased I didn’tThey want to see how you react naturally- don’t worry tho it’s well organised and really goodRole plays are mint. You will love them it was my best partYour asked not to tell people any details about it and you will understand why when you do it yourself. Better go in blind and enjoy it
Original post by KSLJKB
All I will say is it’s not as bad as you think- just don’t over think and don’t plan I didn’t plan any answers or anything and pleased I didn’tThey want to see how you react naturally- don’t worry tho it’s well organised and really goodRole plays are mint. You will love them it was my best partYour asked not to tell people any details about it and you will understand why when you do it yourself. Better go in blind and enjoy it

Thank you for this! Have you heard back yet?
Reply 28
Original post by bethanyj99
Thank you for this! Have you heard back yet?

No it takes 15 days and was only yesterday.

I’ll update when I hear. I’m not convinced I got it but I enjoyed the experience
Original post by KSLJKB
No it takes 15 days and was only yesterday.

I’ll update when I hear. I’m not convinced I got it but I enjoyed the experience

I'm sure you did amazing! I have mine in an hour, nerves are proper kicking in now.
Reply 30
Original post by bethanyj99
I'm sure you did amazing! I have mine in an hour, nerves are proper kicking in now.

I didn’t get it - they told me quickly though which was good.
I had a feeling it hadn’t gone too well.

Good luck for yours honest you’ll enjoy it- it’s so good :smile:
Original post by KSLJKB
I didn’t get it - they told me quickly though which was good.
I had a feeling it hadn’t gone too well.

Good luck for yours honest you’ll enjoy it- it’s so good :smile:

Ahh sorry to hear that! What did you think went wrong? Did you not have enough experience or something? Did they tell you the parts you didn't make the cut for?Cheers in advance.
Reply 32
Original post by Russ221092
Ahh sorry to hear that! What did you think went wrong? Did you not have enough experience or something? Did they tell you the parts you didn't make the cut for?Cheers in advance.

Sadly they didn’t give any feedback- I think it was maybe the writen I did worst at. I have worked with prisoners for a while and found the role play okay and give good examples in interview
Not sure I guess my personality didn’t fit. I’m not bitter I would rather not get it than not be any good at it haha I may try again next year :smile:
Original post by KSLJKB
Sadly they didn’t give any feedback- I think it was maybe the writen I did worst at. I have worked with prisoners for a while and found the role play okay and give good examples in interview
Not sure I guess my personality didn’t fit. I’m not bitter I would rather not get it than not be any good at it haha I may try again next year :smile:

Wow I'm very surprised you didn't get it if you've actually worked with prisoners before. I work with 11-16 year old's in a school behaviour unit, so I'm hoping my examples fit the behaviours. Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending