The Student Room Group

ICT A-level

I've dropped Computer Science and I wanted to pick up Government & Politics but my college will not let me, so I've now resorted to ICT. I'm doing History & Geography alongside it and am so worried the ICT will look bad on UCAS applications even though I expect I'll get a good grade in it. Because I'm doing 2 facilitating will the ICT really effect me that badly? (I'm really unsure what I want to do at uni, all I know is that I want to go to a Russell group)

Any replies help thank you!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
ICT is BTEC and it is fine dont worry :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jack13264712094

What do you mean? (Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm under the assumption im doing a-level ict?
Reply 4
Original post by joe_wills
What do you mean? (Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm under the assumption im doing a-level ict?

There is no such thing as A level ICT (in England at least). It will be a Level 3 BTEC or Cambridge National. It should still be Ok, loads of people go to university having studied them.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
There is no such thing as A level ICT (in England at least). It will be a Level 3 BTEC or Cambridge National. It should still be Ok, loads of people go to university having studied them.

Oh right, I live in Wales and we still have the ICT A-Level
Reply 6
Original post by joe_wills
Oh right, I live in Wales and we still have the ICT A-Level

So you do! I learn something new every day :smile:
Wait you're allowed to do both history AND geography? Damn you're lucky y'know.
Original post by Jack13264712094

Do u recommend the course?
Original post by Compost

What’s the ict course like
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Compost

The sixth form i applied to offers a level ict tho...? From OCR exam board
Original post by 🧡Hajera
The sixth form i applied to offers a level ict tho...? From OCR exam board

It won't be an A level then but a different Level 3 qualification, probably a Cambridge Technical https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/cambridge-technicals/
Original post by Compost
It won't be an A level then but a different Level 3 qualification, probably a Cambridge Technical https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/cambridge-technicals/

Oh okay. Which do u think is more beneficial to do:
a level OCR ict
Btec lvl3 IT
Btec lvl3 computer science

Quick Reply

Latest