The Student Room Group

Dorking vs reigate?

Which is a nicer town? Dorking or Reigate?

Thanks.
dorking

Original post by boulderingislife
Which is a nicer town? Dorking or Reigate?

Thanks.
Original post by zoexxx434reaxse
dorking

Job i was going to apply for in dorking have closed applications before I could put an app in! :eek: Is reigate ok, or is it a miserable place to live and work? Looked a bit sterile on google street view.

PS: thanks for your reply!
Original post by boulderingislife
Job i was going to apply for in dorking have closed applications before I could put an app in! :eek: Is reigate ok, or is it a miserable place to live and work? Looked a bit sterile on google street view.

PS: thanks for your reply!

I live in Reigate (have moved all around the town over the past 7 years or so) and go to school in Dorking. Personally, I find Dorking pretty boring and there isn’t a lot to do, but then again Reigate isn’t much better.

I prefer the atmosphere of Reigate, and as it’s Christmas right now it looks beautiful - lights everywhere and it just looks stunning. The high street shops are a bit rubbish, there’s a Boots, Waterstones, way too many charity shops, Starbucks, Costa and some other middle aged lady clothing stores. Few decent restaurants though.

It’s pretty well connected however and I think this makes up for it, train station 10 min walk from the high street and can go to Dorking, London, Reading, Guildford etc. Lots of buses and things too. Overall, not much to do in either places but Reigate has quite a nice atmosphere and travel is easy.
Original post by natashaemillie
I live in Reigate (have moved all around the town over the past 7 years or so) and go to school in Dorking. Personally, I find Dorking pretty boring and there isn’t a lot to do, but then again Reigate isn’t much better.

I prefer the atmosphere of Reigate, and as it’s Christmas right now it looks beautiful - lights everywhere and it just looks stunning. The high street shops are a bit rubbish, there’s a Boots, Waterstones, way too many charity shops, Starbucks, Costa and some other middle aged lady clothing stores. Few decent restaurants though.

It’s pretty well connected however and I think this makes up for it, train station 10 min walk from the high street and can go to Dorking, London, Reading, Guildford etc. Lots of buses and things too. Overall, not much to do in either places but Reigate has quite a nice atmosphere and travel is easy.

Thanks, i withdrew my job app for the reigate role. Couldn’t bear the thought of moving to reigate lol. Dorking job I didn't bother applying for!

Quick Reply

Latest