The Student Room Group

How do i choose a title for my EPQ

I have chosen to do my epq around architecture and the idea i have kind of come to is style vs utility. I dont know how to phrase it into a title. I have seen a lot of people say that the title should start with 'To what extent...' as it allows you to reach an opinionated conclusion. But i dont know how to put my idea into it.

One i tried to word was 'To what extent is architecture based on style (or aesthetic) as opposed to utility', but it doesn't sound right to me. or am i just being picky???
Ngl EPQ was miserable af, good luck with it though. I did a to what extent question, for a physics/engineering based EPQ. It's good to pick a very broad initial topic title so you can narrow it down and hit lots of marks in the production log; that looks good. You could obv narrow it down later by specifying a type of architecture perhaps? or location or timespan etc. Sounds fine as an initial title but you will defo need to narrow it down a lot later truss
Reply 2
Original post by DynamoAlchemyst
Ngl EPQ was miserable af, good luck with it though. I did a to what extent question, for a physics/engineering based EPQ. It's good to pick a very broad initial topic title so you can narrow it down and hit lots of marks in the production log; that looks good. You could obv narrow it down later by specifying a type of architecture perhaps? or location or timespan etc. Sounds fine as an initial title but you will defo need to narrow it down a lot later truss

so like when i was researching i was looking at different types of architecture like Brutalism, Utilitarianism and the classics. But does that mean that i would then have to choose one of those to go off
Original post by Khadijah_Y
so like when i was researching i was looking at different types of architecture like Brutalism, Utilitarianism and the classics. But does that mean that i would then have to choose one of those to go off

I think that eventually, yes it is likely that you will choose to go into one of these in lots of depth. It's a long-term process thing with the EPQ where you refine your topic and title and make it narrower and narrower and focus on something more intensely as you continue with your general wide research. You could also research all of them tbh and narrow ur focus down in other ways instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending