6 subjects: History - A* [predicted]
Political science- A*
English - A*
Entrepreneurship - A*
Music - A*
Painting/fine arts - A*
[95-99%] prediction
started LNAT prep two days ago I know I'm so behind - 28 [ current score]
I think the only thing which is making my application weak as of now are my last 3 subject choices, I also have a learning disability -[ dyscalculia and dyslexia ]
Original post by salviakasana03
just wanted to create a thread for all indian/ South Asian applicants
I'll start it off
I'm 17, applying to[ Oxford, UCL, LSE , Manchester and Leeds]
I'm doing the CBSE curriculum [ humanities]
Political science- A*
English - A*
Entrepreneurship - A*
Music - A*
Painting/fine arts - A*
[95-99%] prediction
I think the only thing which is making my application weak as of now are my last 3 subject choices, I also have a learning disability -[ dyscalculia and dyslexia ]

Hi. I’m from India too. Applying to LSE, UCL, Kings, Manchester & QMUL. I got a 94% in my ISC boards. I had accounts, maths, English, economics & commerce. Currently preparing for LNAT. Would you by any chance want to share an Arbitio Subscription?
Reply 2
just wanted to create a thread for all indian/ South Asian applicants
I'll start it off
I'm 17, applying to[ Oxford, UCL, LSE , Manchester and Leeds]
I'm doing the CBSE curriculum [ humanities]
Political science- A*
English - A*
Entrepreneurship - A*
Music - A*
Painting/fine arts - A*
[95-99%] prediction

which college at oxford?
Original post by KV14
which college at oxford?

not sure I really love magdalen tho so maybe that
but I don't really have a preference
Hey, I'm from India as well! Applying to Oxford, LSE, Kings, Durham and Nottingham.. Predicted 96% (CBSE)... I'm writing the LNAT this Wednesday... My 10th and 11th scores are brutal, so I've put in my grade 12 term 1 results in the UCAS education section, would that be alright?
Original post by buzzrahulnair
Hey, I'm from India as well! Applying to Oxford, LSE, Kings, Durham and Nottingham.. Predicted 96% (CBSE)... I'm writing the LNAT this Wednesday... My 10th and 11th scores are brutal, so I've put in my grade 12 term 1 results in the UCAS education section, would that be alright?

I don't think you need to detail your 11th class grades or even 12th mid-term grades. The UCAS application asks for Qualifications, and these grades do not contribute to any qualification. However, 10th marks do so. You will have to disclose them. I don't think it is optional.
Original post by chlorox-botox
I don't think you need to detail your 11th class grades or even 12th mid-term grades. The UCAS application asks for Qualifications, and these grades do not contribute to any qualification. However, 10th marks do so. You will have to disclose them. I don't think it is optional.

Most universities ask only for grade 12 as part of their academic requirement for India, no one even mentions grade 10. My grade 11 & 12 marks are all well above 90.. but 10th is horrible.. I can under no circumstance send those... So I guess I'm going to hope that 12th predicted and midterms with the SOP and LOR get the job done.
Original post by buzzrahulnair

Yeah but they might ask you those scores later cause my counsellor said grade 10 and 11 scores are key and I’m also putting in my unit test scores and my class 12 midterms scores to make up for grade 11 cause I was under the false impression that those won’t count so I kinda didn’t study for any of them still ended getting around 90% but that is such a low score for top unis
Reply 8
Hullo! I am from India too. I am applying as a mature student, I am in my final year of B.A. Political Science from DU.
Are any of you planning on enrolling with the Bar Council of India after your degree?
And if so, have you confirmed which unis' degrees they accept? I am stuck a bit on the choice section of my app because a lot of my preferences are not on BCI's official list but I've heard from people that they know people that enrolled into the Bar with ease even without their uni being on the list.

Alsoooo how did y'all's LNAT gooo?
Original post by xuru
Hullo! I am from India too. I am applying as a mature student, I am in my final year of B.A. Political Science from DU.
Are any of you planning on enrolling with the Bar Council of India after your degree?
And if so, have you confirmed which unis' degrees they accept? I am stuck a bit on the choice section of my app because a lot of my preferences are not on BCI's official list but I've heard from people that they know people that enrolled into the Bar with ease even without their uni being on the list.

Yeah first I was only applying to universities which were approved but I really wanted to apply to ucl so I was like why not, but I’ve heard you can submit an application and get your degree approved and if they recognise other unis from the uk, I don’t think we’ll face problems in getting it approved I have my lnat tomorrow and I’ve only done 6 papers hopefully it’s enough
Reply 10
Yeah first I was only applying to universities which were approved but I really wanted to apply to ucl so I was like why not, but I’ve heard you can submit an application and get your degree approved and if they recognise other unis from the uk, I don’t think we’ll face problems in getting it approved I have my lnat tomorrow and I’ve only done 6 papers hopefully it’s enough

Aah, okay thank you! Goooood luck with the LNAT!!
I had mine today, I also practised somewhere around 6-7 papers, I don't think i can comment on whether it was enough till I get my score (lolol) but I do think it was enough to make me feel comfortable while taking the test today. Good luck, you got this!!
Original post by xuru

Hey. I’m a mature student too in the final year of my undergrad from India. I’m applying for LLB and my college list is- LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL & Manchester
Original post by Gaurika
Hey. I’m a mature student too in the final year of my undergrad from India. I’m applying for LLB and my college list is- LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL & Manchester

Original post by xuru

Hi! I'm from India too!
I'm on a gap year right now, I just completed 12th grade in march. I'm applying to Oxford, LSE, KCL, QMUL and Durham for Law LLB.
If I go to the UK then I'd proceed to become a solicitor and then enrol with the BCI later.

here is the new and updated list of foreign unis that the BCI accepts degrees from.

http://www.barcouncilofindia.org/about/legal-education/list-of-foreign-universities-whose-degrees-in-law-are-recognised-by-the-bar-council-of-india/

I had my LNAT on the 13th of October. I used arbitio fro revision, and the real test as hard as the mocks on arbitio. slightly messed up essay but I think it was alright.

Have you heard back from QMUL for law yet?
Has anyone received any offers?
Reply 14
Original post by nyx2911
Has anyone received any offers?

I got one from Durham a while ago! I finished w my interviews for Oxford Law yesterday, one of them went amazingly and the other went a little ????? tbh. I am still waiting on the rest.

What about youuu?
Did anyone get into oxford?
Has anyone heard back from any university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending