The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Official Coventry University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Coventry University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Coventry University for 2021!

Hi Manooka,

Thank you for creating this thread!

I am looking forward to seeing what course is everyone applying to! If you have any questions about Coventry University, please feel free to ask them here as well! :smile:

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Manooka

Accounting and Finance BA Hons or degree course
I am doing A-Levels in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies, AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi Manooka,

Thank you for creating this thread!

I am looking forward to seeing what course is everyone applying to! If you have any questions about Coventry University, please feel free to ask them here as well! :smile:

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law

Hello !
What course are you applying for? MSc Data Science & Computational Intelligence
What subjects are you studying now? Currently working (India)

I have applied for MSc Data Science & Computational Intelligence course for Jan 2021 intake a week ago. Haven't received any acknowledgement regarding my application. Usually how long does it take to get a response on an application (acknowledgement) & how long does the review team take to process my application and provide offer letter?

Regards,
Arpith

Hello !!! :ciao:
First of all thank you for creating this thread!

I'm thinking about applying to Coventry university.
I'm an international student, so this is a really big and important step for me.

Course - Biomedical Sciences
Level - Undergraduate
What I'm studying now ?
PCBM in India (cbse)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by arpith_pr
Hello !
What course are you applying for? MSc Data Science & Computational Intelligence
What subjects are you studying now? Currently working (India)

I have applied for MSc Data Science & Computational Intelligence course for Jan 2021 intake a week ago. Haven't received any acknowledgement regarding my application. Usually how long does it take to get a response on an application (acknowledgement) & how long does the review team take to process my application and provide offer letter?

Regards,
Arpith

Hi arpith_pr,

With the new academic year starting this week, I can imagine the applications offices are very busy with September intake students. Please be patient when waiting for a reply. I say leave it a couple of weeks to hear back from the team. If you haven't heard anything in over 3 weeks, please send the relevant team an email or give their office a call and ask for an update on the progress of your application. As I said, it is a very busy time for academic staff at the moment.

Here are some ways you can get in contact with the international office team:
Contact on FB - http://facebook.com/coventryuniversityinternational
Or by email on [email protected].

I hope this helps,

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science Student
Hi arpith_pr,

With the new academic year starting this week, I can imagine the applications offices are very busy with September intake students. Please be patient when waiting for a reply. I say leave it a couple of weeks to hear back from the team. If you haven't heard anything in over 3 weeks, please send the relevant team an email or give their office a call and ask for an update on the progress of your application. As I said, it is a very busy time for academic staff at the moment.

Here are some ways you can get in contact with the international office team:
Contact on FB - http://facebook.com/coventryuniversityinternational
Or by email on [email protected].

I hope this helps,

Amy
Biomedical Science Student

Hello Amy!!
I wanted to enquire about biomedical sciences.
I am too applying for this course.(undergraduate).
I really wanna join the uni but some people say that this is not a good place for international students? (It has really got me worried)
Please could you guide me ?
Original post by Raymnjot Grewal
Hello Amy!!
I wanted to enquire about biomedical sciences.
I am too applying for this course.(undergraduate).
I really wanna join the uni but some people say that this is not a good place for international students? (It has really got me worried)
Please could you guide me ?

Hello Raymnjot Grewal,

Its great to see you are interested in applying for biomedical science! Although I am not an international student, I have only heard great things from my friends on the course who come from overseas. There are plenty of activities and societies specifically for international students as well as plenty of support available throughout your studies. There is the student centre with a dedicated team to help you with any questions or support needed on campus. Coventry University has thousands of international students so you won't feel alone on campus or in your accommodation!

I hope this answers your query,

Amy
Biomedical Science student
Hi! Applying for January 2021 intake, but I'm so nervous that they're gonna reject me somehow lol. I've gotten an offer letter recently but they wanted me to submit a transcript, which I already submitted when I first sent out the application. How likely is it that they reject someone with an offer letter? :afraid: bcs my grade is a bit below the requirement sadly :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Applying for January 2021 intake, but I'm so nervous that they're gonna reject me somehow lol. I've gotten an offer letter recently but they wanted me to submit a transcript, which I already submitted when I first sent out the application. How likely is it that they reject someone with an offer letter? :afraid: bcs my grade is a bit below the requirement sadly :frown:

Hi,

Please try not to worry and hope everything turn out well! Each application is considered individually by members on our Admissions team and they look for your grades but also personal statement etc. I would recommend waiting for the response of the University but if your circumstances has changed and you want to discuss it, you can always contact our Admissions team via email ([email protected]) or phone (+44 (0) 24 7765 2222).

I hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions about Coventry University! :smile:

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law

Hi - I am applying to do Geography and Natural Hazards. I want to start in September 2022 but on the UCAS apply it only offers sept 21 or Jan 22. Does it even have a January start date? What should I put for sept 22? All my other applications offer sept 22 already. Thanks
Hi - I am applying to do Geography and Natural Hazards. I want to start in September 2022 but on the UCAS apply it only offers sept 21 or Jan 22. Does it even have a January start date? What should I put for sept 22? All my other applications offer sept 22 already. Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for your message and your interest to study Geography and Natural Hazards!

Given the course date for the course you're interested in, it may be that you need to defer your application, which is an option on UCAS when you apply. Deferring simply means taking a year out before starting uni. If this is not an option at all, then it's possible that you need to apply through UCAS in 2021 for a position in 2022.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions :smile:

Veronica
BSc Dietetics
Hi there,

Thank you for your message and your interest to study Geography and Natural Hazards!

Given the course date for the course you're interested in, it may be that you need to defer your application, which is an option on UCAS when you apply. Deferring simply means taking a year out before starting uni. If this is not an option at all, then it's possible that you need to apply through UCAS in 2021 for a position in 2022.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions :smile:

Veronica
BSc Dietetics

Thanks Veronica. It’s just odd because all the other unis offer Sept 22 if you click defer, but Coventry only offers Jan 22. I don’t want to wait a year to apply, I just want to defer a year but I don’t want to miss out on a chance to get into Coventry. If I apply for Sept 21 and then want to defer, is the uni usually open to that? I have a gap year all planned already.
Thanks Veronica. It’s just odd because all the other unis offer Sept 22 if you click defer, but Coventry only offers Jan 22. I don’t want to wait a year to apply, I just want to defer a year but I don’t want to miss out on a chance to get into Coventry. If I apply for Sept 21 and then want to defer, is the uni usually open to that? I have a gap year all planned already.

Thank you for getting back to me!

I agree it is a bit odd. It may be that the option isn't open for the time being. However, you are more than welcome to contact the university to find out more information before completing your application to see what options are available for you and then go from there - +44 (0) 24 7765 2222 or [email protected].

Even if you apply next year for 2022, you won't be missing out on a place to get into Coventry. It may be best to contact to find out first before going ahead with anything else. You do have plenty of time before the UCAS deadline to find out all you need to know.

I know for me, I ended up reapplying during my gap year and there was no issue.

I hope this helps :smile:

Veronica
BSc Dietetics
Hi everyone,

I've just applied for a UCAS RPA for the Integrative Counselling starting in November, and I’m worried I won't get a place, especially as this is the last run apparently and I'm having to complete a F/T course as they’re not rerunning the p/t apparently either, so I’m worried that I’m taking on too much work. If anyone has completed or is completing the course and can give me some idea of what it’s like and the workload I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Hi,
I've applied to do geography BA and I'm currently studying geography, RS and English language.
Sent off my application about 3 weeks ago so hopefully I should hear back soon :smile:
Hey,
I've applied for psychology and right now I'm studying chemistry, biology and psychology.
I sent my application on 14/10/2020 and I got an offer!
Original post by itslanesra.x
Hey,
I've applied for psychology and right now I'm studying chemistry, biology and psychology.
I sent my application on 14/10/2020 and I got an offer!

Hey @itslanesra.x,

Congrats on your offer to study Psychology!

Do you have any questions regarding the uni, student life, the course, or accommodation? Feel free to ask and one of us will get back to you!

Veronica
BSc Dietetics
Original post by Heath3rxo
Hi,
I've applied to do geography BA and I'm currently studying geography, RS and English language.
Sent off my application about 3 weeks ago so hopefully I should hear back soon :smile:

Hey @Heath3rxo,

Best of luck and I hope you receive an offer from Coventry!

If you have any questions about your course, uni, or student life, feel free to ask!

Veronica
BSc Dietetics
Hi, This is a great thread !
I have applied for Physiotherapy in October, and I am currently studying Maths,Biology and Chemistry.
Many thanks :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest