The Student Room Group

September 2021 intake from INDIA!!!

Are there any Indian students trying for Sept 2021 intake in UK?
If so, I'd love to chat and get to know you.

Regards,
A confused kid in an adult's body xD
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

2020 intake have been completed pretty much, surely you mean 2021?
Reply 2
Original post by AstaYunoo
2020 intake have been completed pretty much, surely you mean 2021?

Asta, look at my title xD
Yes, I'm planning to apply for Masters in Art History to a bunch of UK Universities! What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by Chitra394
Yes, I'm planning to apply for Masters in Art History to a bunch of UK Universities! What about you?

Hi Chitra, which universities are you applying to? It seems that our target programmes are not much disparate, as I'll be applying to an MSc Palaeoanthropology and Paleolithic Archaeology at UCL, an MPhil Archaeology at Cambridge, and an MSc in Archaeological Science at Oxford. All the very best to you!!

And what about you Sujith, what are you applying for, and where to?
Original post by db7
Hi Chitra, which universities are you applying to? It seems that our target programmes are not much disparate, as I'll be applying to an MSc Palaeoanthropology and Paleolithic Archaeology at UCL, an MPhil Archaeology at Cambridge, and an MSc in Archaeological Science at Oxford. All the very best to you!!

Hi! As of now, I've decided on SOAS, Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Oxford. I was considering UCL too but I couldn't figure out their 2:1 equivalent for India. Lemme know if you have any information about it. And good luck to you too!
Reply 6
Hi! As of now, I've decided on SOAS, Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Oxford. I was considering UCL too but I couldn't figure out their 2:1 equivalent for India. Lemme know if you have any information about it. And good luck to you too!

re: UCL
Chitra, this is from the UCL website page for the History of Art MA programme:

"The award of any of the following from a recognised institution:
A Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall CGPA of 7.75/10, 6.25/8.0, 5.75/7.0, 4.25/6.0, 3.3/4.0, or 60% where a GPA scale is not used. The overall mark required is dependent on the subject and the ranking of the institution at which the degree has been taken."

I believe you must meet these because apparently you are applying to Oxford too and the latter has relatively higher expectations in almost all cases. So go for it!
Reply 7

Hi Chitra. I'm applying for cyber security. I've already got admissions in two universities. Thinking of trying some more.
Reply 8
Original post by db7

Hi db. I'm applying for MS in cyber security!
Reply 9

Hi Chitra! I've gotten admitted to the University of Edinburgh for MSc Management!. Let me know how your application goes. All the best😁
Original post by Kavyak
Hi Chitra! I've gotten admitted to the University of Edinburgh for MSc Management!. Let me know how your application goes. All the best😁

Congrats! And thank you!
Original post by db7
re: UCL
Chitra, this is from the UCL website page for the History of Art MA programme:

"The award of any of the following from a recognised institution:
A Bachelor's degree with a minimum overall CGPA of 7.75/10, 6.25/8.0, 5.75/7.0, 4.25/6.0, 3.3/4.0, or 60% where a GPA scale is not used. The overall mark required is dependent on the subject and the ranking of the institution at which the degree has been taken."

I believe you must meet these because apparently you are applying to Oxford too and the latter has relatively higher expectations in almost all cases. So go for it!

Thanks!
Hi sujith_, I also want to apply for MSc in Cyber Security. Can you suggest any universities?
Reply 13
Hey! I'm applying at UCL, York, Nottingham, SOAS and Sheffield to do History BA! (with a year abroad for UCL). I've already received offers from York, Nottingham and Sheffield. I'm Indian, from Kolkata, but I've been living in the UK since 2017 and have given my GCSE's and am about to give my A -levels next year :smile:
Original post by sujith_
Are there any Indian students trying for Sept 2021 intake in UK?
If so, I'd love to chat and get to know you.

Regards,
A confused kid in an adult's body xD

Hey! I'm a current student in the University of Sheffield and I'm from India too. I know Sheffield is open for September 2021 intake. Which courses/ department are you looking at? Maybe I can give you more specific information then based on that. Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! So if you want to know anything about the application process, the city or the University in general, please let me know! :biggrin:

-Sanchari
4th Year MEng Materials Science and Engineering, UoS
Original post by chikuu
Hey! I'm applying at UCL, York, Nottingham, SOAS and Sheffield to do History BA! (with a year abroad for UCL). I've already received offers from York, Nottingham and Sheffield. I'm Indian, from Kolkata, but I've been living in the UK since 2017 and have given my GCSE's and am about to give my A -levels next year :smile:

Hey! I'm a current student in the University of Sheffield and I'm from Kolkata too. Congratulations on your offer to the University of Sheffield!! Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! So if you want to know anything about the student life here, the city or the University in general, please let me know! :biggrin:

-Sanchari
Original post by metaldent
Hi sujith_, I also want to apply for MSc in Cyber Security. Can you suggest any universities?

Hey! I'm a current student at the University of Sheffield. Sheffield has a great course on Cyber Security if you're interested to check that out: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses/2021/cybersecurity-and-artificial-intelligence-msc

I have some friends studying the Computer Science department and they really enjoy it since they work for real clients through their course. The course itself gives them a lot of opportunities to improve their employability and professional skills. Also, there are various computer science related societies and competitions that happen in the University which would helped to meet different people besides learning about the latest technologies being used in companies. Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! So if you want to know anything about the application process, the city or the University in general, please let me know! :biggrin:

-Sanchari
Reply 17
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hey! I'm a current student in the University of Sheffield and I'm from Kolkata too. Congratulations on your offer to the University of Sheffield!! Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! So if you want to know anything about the student life here, the city or the University in general, please let me know! :biggrin:

-Sanchari

Thanks! I'll definitely be in touch :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by metaldent

For cyber security in particular I'd suggest these Universities.

1) University of warwick
2) Lancaster University
3) University of York
4) Birmingham University
5) Queen's Belfast Univ

All these are accredited by the government of UK for Cyber security which is NCSC. They are really good and only vary in the modules they offer. Check their websites for further information.
Reply 19
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hey! I'm a current student at the University of Sheffield. Sheffield has a great course on Cyber Security if you're interested to check that out: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses/2021/cybersecurity-and-artificial-intelligence-msc

I have some friends studying the Computer Science department and they really enjoy it since they work for real clients through their course. The course itself gives them a lot of opportunities to improve their employability and professional skills. Also, there are various computer science related societies and competitions that happen in the University which would helped to meet different people besides learning about the latest technologies being used in companies. Sheffield is great for inclusivity and is one of the most international Universities in the UK which gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world! So if you want to know anything about the application process, the city or the University in general, please let me know! :biggrin:

-Sanchari

Hey Sanchari. Love your energy! Can you tell me about the social life and how the community is in Sheffield? Particularly is there a good Indian community? How welcoming is the university to international Students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending