The Student Room Group

Accounting & finance degree prospects

Hi I am contemplating applying for an accounting & finance degree as dealing with numbers is something I fairly enjoy and I’m reasonably good with maths. However could this degree also lead me down a different avenue of employment or career in general. I heard that a degree shows an ability to learn? And was wondering whether this is true. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Water4000x
Hi I am contemplating applying for an accounting & finance degree as dealing with numbers is something I fairly enjoy and I’m reasonably good with maths. However could this degree also lead me down a different avenue of employment or career in general. I heard that a degree shows an ability to learn? And was wondering whether this is true. Thanks in advance.

Hi @Water4000x,

With any degree there is the opportunity to end up in a completely different field from the one you trained in. I am aware that some employers will ask for a certain score from a degree in any subject. I believe both the Police and the Military do not request a specific degree for most of their degree holder positions. However there are also a lot of careers which are directly beneficial to your degree or where your degree may come in useful- I have linked these here.

I have also linked the range of Accounting degrees which we offer at the University of Hull here.

If you have any questions then please @ us and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending