The Student Room Group

Reading for ucas application

does anyone have any good diagnostic radiography articles i can write about in my personal statement?
hey! i’m applying for the same course and have had difficulty finding a book directly related to radiography but i decided to mention richard snell’s clinical anatomy. i managed to find a pdf online somewhere :smile: hope this helps
Original post by pixelated19
hey! i’m applying for the same course and have had difficulty finding a book directly related to radiography but i decided to mention richard snell’s clinical anatomy. i managed to find a pdf online somewhere :smile: hope this helps

Thank you! there is also a live seminar on the 11th of november at St. george’s uni if you’re interested:smile:
Original post by pkk0304
Thank you! there is also a live seminar on the 11th of november at St. george’s uni if you’re interested:smile:

ahhh you’re an absolute legend, i’m applying for st. george’s so that will come in handy thank you! there’s a society of radiologists website i believe and it has some articles you may want to read :smile: i manger to find research papers by just searching radiography research
ahhh you’re an absolute legend, i’m applying for st. george’s so that will come in handy thank you! there’s a society of radiologists website i believe and it has some articles you may want to read :smile: i manger to find research papers by just searching radiography research

thank you sm! which other unis are you applying to?
Original post by pkk0304
thank you sm! which other unis are you applying to?

no problem :smile: there aren’t that many options and i didn’t wanna move anywhere more than a couple of hours from home so my favourable option right now is st george’s since london isn’t far from me. but i’m also applying to london south bank, brighton and portsmouth. how about you
no problem :smile: there aren’t that many options and i didn’t wanna move anywhere more than a couple of hours from home so my favourable option right now is st george’s since london isn’t far from me. but i’m also applying to london south bank, brighton and portsmouth. how about you

i’m applying leeds, keele, uwe bristol, liverpool and i’m not sure about my 5th option!
Original post by pkk0304
i’m applying leeds, keele, uwe bristol, liverpool and i’m not sure about my 5th option!

ooh you got all the good options 😁 if i didn’t live so south i would’ve applied to the same unis! good luck on it all, i hope we both get where we wanted
ooh you got all the good options 😁 if i didn’t live so south i would’ve applied to the same unis! good luck on it all, i hope we both get where we wanted

good luck! hope you get the options you want :smile: have you sent your application off yet?
Original post by pkk0304
good luck! hope you get the options you want :smile: have you sent your application off yet?

not yet! i’m waiting for my application to be checked by teachers (my schools a little slow lmao). how about you. also do you know how the predicted grades process works? is there a deadline for when the teachers have to get it done and is it able to be changed? i haven’t heard anything from teachers so i’m not sure
@pixelated19 and @pkk0304 make a cute couple
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

LMFAOOOO 😭 i cant help being irresistible
Hey all!

Obviously direct books and articles for Diagnostic Radiography are fantastic but if you're struggling to find them/want more than you can find, remember any books and articles related to radiography or even just healthcare in general are going to be beneficial and give you more of an idea of what your future career will be like!

Best wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
not yet! i’m waiting for my application to be checked by teachers (my schools a little slow lmao). how about you. also do you know how the predicted grades process works? is there a deadline for when the teachers have to get it done and is it able to be changed? i haven’t heard anything from teachers so i’m not sure

same! i’m just waiting for it to be checked, hopefully i send it off before half term. i’m not sure about predicted grades my teachers gave them to me right after mocks, maybe you’ll find out when you’re going through you’re application with your referee after paying and sending
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

we bond over our diagnostic radiography application 🙈🤝
Original post by pkk0304
same! i’m just waiting for it to be checked, hopefully i send it off before half term. i’m not sure about predicted grades my teachers gave them to me right after mocks, maybe you’ll find out when you’re going through you’re application with your referee after paying and sending

yeah i defo wanted to get mine done before half term! i don’t wanna waste any revision time doing it 😁 i haven’t heard much about the references either so i supposed they go hand in hand

Does Brighton offer Diagnostic radiography didn't come up in my options when I searched up unis that do radiography
Original post by Charityn0001
Does Brighton offer Diagnostic radiography didn't come up in my options when I searched up unis that do radiography

Hi sorry for the late reply. Brighton were supposed to begin teaching radiography as a course in September so I put them down as an option and then very late in the process they annoyingly withdrew their teaching of the course this September due to covid restraints. So I basically just wasted an option :/
That's annoying, are you starting uni this September then ?

Hi sorry for the late reply. Brighton were supposed to begin teaching radiography as a course in September so I put them down as an option and then very late in the process they annoyingly withdrew their teaching of the course this September due to covid restraints. So I basically just wasted an option :/

That's annoying ,are you starting uni this September?

Quick Reply

Latest