The Student Room Group

Any Hertford, Oxford applicants 2021?

Hey! Is anyone applying to Hertford this year? I’d love to hear your subjects, predicted and achieved grades, why you chose Hertford how you’re feeling about the process so far, what you’re doing to prepare etc. Just anything you want to share really! I can’t find another thread, so please do correct me if I’m wrong, but maybe if this is the first Hertford thread for this year it could become the official one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Interested in more info about hertford
Reply 2
Bump
Hey! I'm applying to Hertford for Law this year. I'm doing the IB with English, History, and Economics at Higher Level.

So far, I'm having this terrible feeling that I'll get rejected even before interview. Nonetheless there's that small bit of hope so I've just been watching so many videos of Oxbridge students talking about their interview experience and whatnot. Really no idea what else I can do, plus all interview dates are out on the website except for law :s-smilie:
(edited 3 years ago)
I am applying for E&M
Original post by daisyrae23
Hey! Is anyone applying to Hertford this year? I’d love to hear your subjects, predicted and achieved grades, why you chose Hertford how you’re feeling about the process so far, what you’re doing to prepare etc. Just anything you want to share really! I can’t find another thread, so please do correct me if I’m wrong, but maybe if this is the first Hertford thread for this year it could become the official one :smile:

Hey! I'm applying for PPE at Hertford. It was a bit of a strategic decision based on the fact that it isn't really a major PPE college, thus fewer applicants as colleges like to vary the subjects of their pupils. Also I'd love to get more into languages and they pay for half your language side-course fees. I did Music for AS and got an A and am predicted A*A*A* for Economics, Maths and Physics. I'm not the kind of person who is innately a genius so I still need to work very hard from this point on to actually get these grades (which feel VERY undeserved due to lockdown lol).
(edited 3 years ago)
There was one girl on youtube who said she dropped out of school for 3 months to focus on TSA practice and was rejected!!! Absolute craziness. My mentality is that I wont overwork myself studying for it because if I don't get in after too much work then that'll be depressing. I'm just trying to do one part of a paper every day minimum in the days leading up to the exam. I think consolidation can definitely be more helpful that just mindlessly doing practice questions and papers but there's certainly a balance to be struck. As for the interview (for PPE we have 3 or 4 I think?), I'll worry about that after the TSA haha, although I do have a general idea of the types of questions they'll ask.
I'm applying for E&M at hertford!!
Also really worried about the TSA but I dont expect to get in too hahaha.
Predicted A*A*A*A in Math, Econs, Bio and Psych.
Original post by homuntan02
I'm applying for E&M at hertford!!
Also really worried about the TSA but I dont expect to get in too hahaha.
Predicted A*A*A*A in Math, Econs, Bio and Psych.

Same. I am so stressed about the TSA. What is your average score on the practice tests??
Reply 9
Original post by mehulbansal
Same. I am so stressed about the TSA. What is your average score on the practice tests??

Which areas do you struggle on? I might be able to recommend some resources

Edited for grammar
Hey! I’m applying for English Language and Literature at Hertford, with A*AA in English Language and Literature, History and Spanish. My ELAT is tomorrow morning... wish me luck!
Original post by UrLocalATPmole
Hey! I'm applying for PPE at Hertford. It was a bit of a strategic decision based on the fact that it isn't really a major PPE college, thus fewer applicants as colleges like to vary the subjects of their pupils. Also I'd love to get more into languages and they pay for half your language side-course fees. I did Music for AS and got an A and am predicted A*A*A* for Economics, Maths and Physics. I'm not the kind of person who is innately a genius so I still need to work very hard from this point on to actually get these grades (which feel VERY undeserved due to lockdown lol).

Hey! Glad to see another PPE applicant here. I'm not from the UK, but my predicted grades are approximately the equivalent of A*A*A*, and I'm taking English, Economics, Maths and Geography, and I did Global Politics last year. I've done pretty well on the TSA past papers, so I'm looking forward to doing it later today. Best of luck for the TSA!
Reply 12
I'm applying to Hertford for E&M too! I'm an international student haha
How was the TSA for everyone?
I found it harder than past years...I also faced technical difficulties which caused me a few minutes of my time :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by homuntan02
How was the TSA for everyone?
I found it harder than past years...I also faced technical difficulties which caused me a few minutes of my time :frown:

I don't think I did a good job, I feel like I did the other papers better as well
Original post by gwyn127
I'm applying to Hertford for E&M too! I'm an international student haha

Hey, even I applied for E&M at Hertford. I am an international too. How did the TSA go for you?
Original post by Daniel.L
Hey! Glad to see another PPE applicant here. I'm not from the UK, but my predicted grades are approximately the equivalent of A*A*A*, and I'm taking English, Economics, Maths and Geography, and I did Global Politics last year. I've done pretty well on the TSA past papers, so I'm looking forward to doing it later today. Best of luck for the TSA!

Thanks! I hope it went well for you. Where are you from might I ask? It's a shame people who get the interview wont be able actually go to the college this year and meet some of the other applicants.
Original post by daisyrae23

Hey, I am applying to Hertford, for Law, I am an International student from India, my predicted grades are 3 A*s and well, the Bridge of Sighs is the only fascinating thing I could find about Hertford (yet), gave my LNAT on the 10th of October and sent my application on the 13th.
Original post by UrLocalATPmole
Thanks! I hope it went well for you. Where are you from might I ask? It's a shame people who get the interview wont be able actually go to the college this year and meet some of the other applicants.

Yeah, with a bit of luck we both did well enough on the TSA to be shortlisted for interview next month. I'm from Melbourne, Australia, so our equivalent to A-levels is the VCE, for which our end-of-year exams start next week. I do agree it is a shame we won't be able to go to the college for interviews this year, I was looking forward to going to the UK after exams had finished. Regardless, best of luck with your application, hopefully we'll both get in!
Reply 19
I'm applying to study Chinese, I took a gap year so have my grades already... A* in Chinese, A in Physics and A in maths... obviously the whole process is quite daunting but I've just been reading and researching my interests as much as possible in the hopes I'll get an interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending