The Student Room Group

UCL current students

Is there anyone that studies at UCL preferably Pharmacy. What’s the university like- both academic and social side? And How was the application process ?
Original post by Sam2918
Is there anyone that studies at UCL preferably Pharmacy. What’s the university like- both academic and social side? And How was the application process ?

i also plan to apply there but i think my chances are low as at gcses i got 777777654 but at alevels my predicted is (aab)
Reply 2
Original post by PHARMACY2021
i also plan to apply there but i think my chances are low as at gcses i got 777777654 but at alevels my predicted is (aab)

Well done those are good gcse grades!! What is your 4 in, if you don’t mind me asking. And I have same predicted too :smile: we in this together.
Hi!! I don’t go to UCL but I applied there and got an offer as well so I can tell you about the application process if you like!

I applied in early November & got an invite for my interview around a week/2 weeks later. What do you want to know about the application process specifically? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by xxanxiouslife
Hi!! I don’t go to UCL but I applied there and got an offer as well so I can tell you about the application process if you like!

I applied in early November & got an invite for my interview around a week/2 weeks later. What do you want to know about the application process specifically? :smile:

Hi! What course did you apply to?
Original post by Sam2918
Hi! What course did you apply to?

pharmacy xx
Reply 6
pharmacy xx

What were your predicted grades and how was the admission test ? x
Original post by Sam2918
Well done those are good gcse grades!! What is your 4 in, if you don’t mind me asking. And I have same predicted too :smile: we in this together.

french 😕
Original post by Sam2918
What were your predicted grades and how was the admission test ? x

My predicted grades were AAB. The admissions test wasn’t too bad, it was some basic chem / maths questions (stuff like moles, converting between grams/mg etc.) and then there was an essay prompt as well. Mine was “do you think people who smoke and get lung cancer should receive feee treatment on the NHS” and you wrote a short essay agreeing/disagreeing with that statement. Everyone got a different essay prompt though & I wouldn’t worry too much about this! Xx
Reply 9
My predicted grades were AAB. The admissions test wasn’t too bad, it was some basic chem / maths questions (stuff like moles, converting between grams/mg etc.) and then there was an essay prompt as well. Mine was “do you think people who smoke and get lung cancer should receive feee treatment on the NHS” and you wrote a short essay agreeing/disagreeing with that statement. Everyone got a different essay prompt though & I wouldn’t worry too much about this! Xx

Did you have time to research for your essay? And was your predicted B in a science subject ? X
Reply 10
Original post by PHARMACY2021
french 😕

Ahhh french was so hard at gcse🥴 i can’t remember but I think ucl just wanted a pass for a modern language right? Correct me if I’m wrong.
Original post by Sam2918
Did you have time to research for your essay? And was your predicted B in a science subject ? X

I researched alongside writing it if ygm, bc obviously I knew like smoking causes lung cancer so I could use that as a basis. It wasn’t really a researchy type essay, it was more ur opinion & then facts etc. To support it.
my B prediction was in maths x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending