The Student Room Group

Uncle got annoyed with staff member

My uncle was in the right to be honest and he just got annoyed because the welfare officer wasn’t understanding that my uncle was driving so had to call back. Basically we were driving, she was ringing about something my attendance at college, my uncle kept having to repeat himself that he’s driving so he’ll have to call back, for some reason she kept talking about my attendance and wouldn’t understand that my uncle can’t talk because he’s driving. My uncle got annoyed so he just shouted at her saying does she not understand and this is why she doing a crap job and that she’s thick then he told me to hang up on her so I did. It was pretty funny to be honest but the only problem is it’s going to be awkward for me when I see that staff member on Monday, what do I say if she asks why my uncle did it? I honestly don’t know
Oh yeah, verbal abuse down the phone when someone is trying to do their job is hilarious!! 🙄
Just say what you have posted on TSR
Reply 3
Original post by GabiAbi84
Oh yeah, verbal abuse down the phone when someone is trying to do their job is hilarious!! 🙄

Talking on the phone while driving is also illegal and he did say a few times calmly that he’s driving
Reply 4
Original post by Scottishlad888
Just say what you have posted on TSR

That won’t work
Original post by Anonymous
Talking on the phone while driving is also illegal and he did say a few times calmly that he’s driving

Then why did he pick up?
Why didn’t he then hang up?
Reply 6
Then why did he pick up?
Why didn’t he then hang up?

He picked up to say he’s about to drive off
He thought she would understand straight away that he’s driving
He picked up to say he’s about to drive off
He thought she would understand straight away that he’s driving

Then he should have just hung up the phone...
Reply 8
Then he should have just hung up the phone...

He just was trying to get her to understand and it would have been rude to cut the phone off as well
He just was trying to get her to understand and it would have been rude to cut the phone off as well

A lot less rude than shouting at her and calling her dumb... guess we can see where your anger issues come from.
A lot less rude than shouting at her and calling her dumb... guess we can see where your anger issues come from.

Still rude though and people get frustrated he needed to get her to understand he’s driving and can’t talk it’s not hard to understand especially since she works in a school
Still rude though and people get frustrated he needed to get her to understand he’s driving and can’t talk it’s not hard to understand especially since she works in a school

Yeah, say that to her on Monday when you go in-I’m sure she’ll see it your way.
Yeah, say that to her on Monday when you go in-I’m sure she’ll see it your way.

Yes, I will tell her tha actually I’ll tell her he was driving and it’s not exactly rocket science to understand
Yes, I will tell her tha actually I’ll tell her he was driving and it’s not exactly rocket science to understand

Sure that will go down great.
Reply 14
And sharing this fascinating story has been most welcomed by all!
Sure that will go down great.

Yes, if she pisses me off I’ll react the same as well
Yes, if she pisses me off I’ll react the same as well

Cool.
Enjoy.
Cool.
Enjoy.

Cheers I will

Quick Reply