The Student Room Group

Home Bargain screening failed, but still received phone call?

Hi, Ive applied for Home Bargains, I got a phone call but unfortunately missed it and the voice mail said they will ring back.

But the application process says screening has failed. So if screening has failed then why have they rang me?
Original post by CJ202020
Hi, Ive applied for Home Bargains, I got a phone call but unfortunately missed it and the voice mail said they will ring back.

But the application process says screening has failed. So if screening has failed then why have they rang me?

I had the same thing, the voicemail says they will phone back. Never did and was rejected.

Another application has failed screening, so went through it and applied for a third Home Bargains vacancy.
Reply 2
Original post by route255
I had the same thing, the voicemail says they will phone back. Never did and was rejected.

Another application has failed screening, so went through it and applied for a third Home Bargains vacancy.

Oh no, that's not good to hear!! 😬 I'm guessing if you don't answer then they just move onto someone else?

Did you have any luck on your third attempt?
Oh no, that's not good to hear!! 😬 I'm guessing if you don't answer then they just move onto someone else?

Did you have any luck on your third attempt?

Well , you couldn't call back , was frustrating. Maybe it was a call just to confirm they have recieved your application. Not heard back from third one, only applied last night. Might of been a spellling mistake.
Reply 4
Well , you couldn't call back , was frustrating. Maybe it was a call just to confirm they have recieved your application. Not heard back from third one, only applied last night. Might of been a spellling mistake.

Wow that's so annoying!

Did you get an email saying you were unsuccessful?

Hopefully you hear something back 🤞 third time lucky and all that 🙏
Well that sucks. I would call them back in the morning to clarify what they mean. When did you apply? Best of luck.
Reply 6
Original post by tinygirl96
Well that sucks. I would call them back in the morning to clarify what they mean. When did you apply? Best of luck.

Thanks ill try 😊 I applied on Thursday and they rang me on Friday. They haven't rang over the weekend as the head office is closed so hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.
Thanks ill try 😊 I applied on Thursday and they rang me on Friday. They haven't rang over the weekend as the head office is closed so hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.

Did you hear back?
Reply 8
Did you hear back?

The people at head office who I rang didn't seem to have any idea what was going on, cos they put me through to 4 different people and I had to explain the situation to all of them 😂 the last woman said she'll give my number to someone higher up and she'll ring me today 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending