The Student Room Group

hmmm ... confused

What does it mean if a guy calls a girl lovely?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

There are many things to be confused about in this life. This is not one of those things
depends in what context, the way they said it and why they said it. could mean pretty, could mean friendly could just mean approachable
It could mean "hey u r an attractive female in a kind of abstract make-a-pleasant comment way"... or it could mean "wow u r horny and hott and i sooo wanna **** u now"....we need to know the tone, context, the guys' normal speech patterns etc. to understand more clearly the exact meaning.
Reply 4
depends in what context, the way they said it and why they said it. could mean pretty, could mean friendly could just mean approachable

Original post by candydiva
It could mean "hey u r an attractive female in a kind of abstract make-a-pleasant comment way"... or it could mean "wow u r horny and hott and i sooo wanna **** u now"....we need to know the tone, context, the guys' normal speech patterns etc. to understand more clearly the exact meaning.

he said it in a way as we are both doing an apprenticeship together and he said some of the people we are working with are nice, some aren't, 'but you're lovely'
Reply 5
Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR
There are many things to be confused about in this life. This is not one of those things

ok :indiff:
ok :indiff:

Sorry I was a little facetious :biggrin: it means he likely finds you attractive in some manner. Whether that means just in a sexual way or a romantic way too; that's for you to judge
Reply 7
Sorry I was a little facetious :biggrin: it means he likely finds you attractive in some manner. Whether that means just in a sexual way or a romantic way too; that's for you to judge

ok, thx for your help, i see a lot on these relationship forums
Reply 8

it honestly depends on the context. how did it come up in conversation?
Reply 9
Original post by Joy L
it honestly depends on the context. how did it come up in conversation?

we are both doing an apprenticeship together and we were discussing how we were finding everything so far, and i said i was struggling to adjust to the transition of going from school to an apprenticeship, and then he said, oh, yeah, i get that. some people seem nice here, some don't, but your lovely.
was he just saying it to be polite, or was he being genuine?
Reply 10
we are both doing an apprenticeship together and we were discussing how we were finding everything so far, and i said i was struggling to adjust to the transition of going from school to an apprenticeship, and then he said, oh, yeah, i get that. some people seem nice here, some don't, but your lovely.

i'm not really sure tbh, im very much single, so not very good with advice!, maybe ask someone else who commented on this thread, such as @IVLIVSCAESAR or @candydiva
if im being completely honest, i only clicked on this thread becos i saw the title and thought you were confused with some school work and thought i could help :gthumb:
Original post by Joy L
i'm not really sure tbh, im very much single, so not very good with advice!, maybe ask someone else who commented on this thread, such as @IVLIVSCAESAR or @candydiva
if im being completely honest, i only clicked on this thread becos i saw the title and thought you were confused with some school work and thought i could help :gthumb:

ok, thx anyways
@IVLIVSCAESAR and @candydiva
wht do you guys think about the situation?
bump
ok, thx anyways
@IVLIVSCAESAR and @candydiva
wht do you guys think about the situation?

You'll just have to read what his body language is like when you next see him. If he's either quite nervous, or smoothly confident, he's probably attracted to you
You'll just have to read what his body language is like when you next see him. If he's either quite nervous, or smoothly confident, he's probably attracted to you

he's smoothly confident and very very chatty, lots of eye contact, when i come in the morning for work he has usually already bought be a drink from starbucks. i always try and give him the money, but he always says no, so i always bring in a packet of sugary donuts so we can sit together in the morning and have our drinks and donuts. wht do you think?
also, thx so much for replying, i see you a lot on these kinda threads and u always seem to be very helpful.
he's smoothly confident and very very chatty, lots of eye contact, when i come in the morning for work he has usually already bought be a drink from starbucks. i always try and give him the money, but he always says no, so i always bring in a packet of sugary donuts so we can sit together in the morning and have our drinks and donuts. wht do you think?
also, thx so much for replying, i see you a lot on these kinda threads and u always seem to be very helpful.

If he's holding lots of eye contact with you and doing you favours such as buying you Starbucks, I would guess that he might be romantically attracted to you. Another tell tale sign might be if he sometimes jokingly pokes fun at you (which is like the classic flirt tactic)

Thank you, I'm glad that you think so :h:
If he's holding lots of eye contact with you and doing you favours such as buying you Starbucks, I would guess that he might be romantically attracted to you. Another tell tale sign might be if he sometimes jokingly pokes fun at you (which is like the classic flirt tactic)

Thank you, I'm glad that you think so :h:

yeah, he does make fun of me quite a bit to be honest (im quite short compared to him, im 5'5 and he's like 6'2 so he's always digging at me about that) i just thought he was trying to be funny.
thx so much for yor help, i'll have to let you know if anything develops :rofl3:
yeah, he does make fun of me quite a bit to be honest (im quite short compared to him, im 5'5 and he's like 6'2 so he's always digging at me about that) i just thought he was trying to be funny.
thx so much for yor help, i'll have to let you know if anything develops :rofl3:

Good luck! :biggrin:
Yo coffee and donuts and it's every dayy!! Ok for sure he is hott 4 u!
it means you're lovely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending