The Student Room Group

how many complaints does it take?

i applied for maintenance in June, filled in countless forms and todate no maintenance has been paid or arranged to be paid. each time i ring i get a different answer to the question as the people who answer the phone are not the ones who make the decisions so lots of wrong information given. also those who scan the documents are not doing the job properly. i raised a complaint at the start of october and was told by complaints department that maintenance would be paid as all docs are in and all information is correct however 7 days later i rang to chase and was told i need to send in a further form to conclude matters !!! So another complaint has now been raised.

not being funny but if this was a private company there was would verbal and written warnings given out to staff over the mistakes made. each student should have their own handler who deals from the claim from start to finish, and have a direct phone number for that handler. Can the system be changed to make life easier for everybody?
Original post by lenny100
i applied for maintenance in June, filled in countless forms and todate no maintenance has been paid or arranged to be paid. each time i ring i get a different answer to the question as the people who answer the phone are not the ones who make the decisions so lots of wrong information given. also those who scan the documents are not doing the job properly. i raised a complaint at the start of october and was told by complaints department that maintenance would be paid as all docs are in and all information is correct however 7 days later i rang to chase and was told i need to send in a further form to conclude matters !!! So another complaint has now been raised.

not being funny but if this was a private company there was would verbal and written warnings given out to staff over the mistakes made. each student should have their own handler who deals from the claim from start to finish, and have a direct phone number for that handler. Can the system be changed to make life easier for everybody?

Good morning, sorry to hear about your difficulties with applying and we appreciate all feedback. If the complaints team emailed you, I advise you to respond back to their email and they will be able to review this further and hopefully help get this resolved.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Good morning, sorry to hear about your difficulties with applying and we appreciate all feedback. If the complaints team emailed you, I advise you to respond back to their email and they will be able to review this further and hopefully help get this resolved.
Thanks, Isaac

hello Isaac

thank you however i am still awaiting to hear about 2nd complaint when they do call i am going to stay on the phone until it is resolved as being told to check system again in 2-3 days is useless for everybody.

i can see from the forum there are a lot of others who have the same problems which must cause so much more work for you guys. Can the system be changed? if you are training staff to deal with phone calls of students chasing updates then why not just train the staff to deal with the issue there and then on the phone instead of referring it to processing department or complaints department. The system seems to be creating further work for everybody and stressing out students in the process. Do you have an innovation team who look at how the company can be made better? if you not you should have one.
Original post by lenny100
hello Isaac

thank you however i am still awaiting to hear about 2nd complaint when they do call i am going to stay on the phone until it is resolved as being told to check system again in 2-3 days is useless for everybody.

i can see from the forum there are a lot of others who have the same problems which must cause so much more work for you guys. Can the system be changed? if you are training staff to deal with phone calls of students chasing updates then why not just train the staff to deal with the issue there and then on the phone instead of referring it to processing department or complaints department. The system seems to be creating further work for everybody and stressing out students in the process. Do you have an innovation team who look at how the company can be made better? if you not you should have one.

It may be easier if you message us on Twitter or Facebook with your Name and CRN and then we can review your account instead of you waiting over the phone. We can then have a look to see what has happened.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending