The Student Room Group

Need opinions on boy snapchat behaviour?

I really don't know why I'm making this because I probably already know the answers. But I wanted to direct this at guys because you would know better what runs through a guys head than a girl.

I basically met this guy and we had thing going (he ended up saying he wanted to be in a relationship with me) this never happened cos I snapped at him saying i didn't trust him etc cos I was looking for reassurance because after said he wanted something serious it ws like he made the bare minimum effort and I was left really confused. He was really butthurt about it and basically said "we're already arguing, I was considering being in a relationship but now i'm not sure, can't be with someone with trust issues" etc.

I dropped out of uni and he ended up dating someone for a while. He ends up coming back to me saying that he wished I never dropped out and he would of dated me, he just didn't know what to do after what I said to him. Over the year he would suggest things like we should go for a drink, get some food etc when I go back to uni again.

Fast forward to when Im back at uni we're messaging a lot I end up seeing him twice, I then decide to drop out again go another gap year. He tells me to text him every day and he doesn't want me to drop out of his life. He says to FaceTime him and visit him etc. I get home he's persistent, messaging me for 5 days and then practically nothing, he hasn't messaged me in 3 days. This is after suggestin me visiting him in the next few weeks and FaceTiming ( which never ended up happening). His snapscore is going up ridiculously we're talking 50 points over a day and he said the reason he hadn't been messaging me so much was because he was busy at one point. Sometimes, 30 points in hour, I honestly don't understand how many people you could be messaging for it to go up by that amount. It hurts mainly because I'm so lonely back home, I dropped out for mental health reasons and it was really difficult for me. I was happy he suggested FaceTiming, meeting etc because It would of meant I would of had at least one person outside my family to talk to. But, now i feel like he doesn't want to talk to me anymore and ik its stupid but it gives me anxiety because I've got nothing else.

I have a feeling he's probably pursuing other girls at uni which Isn't exactly wrong we're not in a relationship, and it wouldn't be exactly possible to start that right now. I just kind of need advice at how to handle this because I want to talk to him considering I'm so low bak home, i was hoping if I had stayed at uni something more serious would of come out of it. I just don't know what to do with my feelings and I don't want to come off as a bit desperate :?
I am sorry but rlly u are "desperate"...maybe that's not u irl but coz u r behaving that way atm. Listen to urself...

I cannot understand anyone who would use "snap score" in any way whatsoever to adjudicate rel potential. So what if he's on it or if his "score" is hi or lo? U said urself u r not in a rel with him... so I am not sure why u think he should defer to ur unspoken opinions on his behavior and why this is relevant I struggle to understand. Now if u said he could do u five times in one night...then that "score" could be very relevant :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by candydiva
I am sorry but rlly u are "desperate"...maybe that's not u irl but coz u r behaving that way atm. Listen to urself...

I cannot understand anyone who would use "snap score" in any way whatsoever to adjudicate rel potential. So what if he's on it or if his "score" is hi or lo? U said urself u r not in a rel with him... so I am not sure why u think he should defer to ur unspoken opinions on his behavior and why this is relevant I struggle to understand. Now if u said he could do u five times in one night...then that "score" could be very relevant :biggrin:

I'm mentioning snap core because he leaves me on delivered for ages and then says sry i haven't been speaking to you recently because I've been quite busy, but during the time I've been left on delivered his snapscore increases dramatically. And I don't think I'm desperate, I just have feelings for him and I'm scared he's going to hurt me because he keeps making false promises and this messes with my emotions.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm mentioning snap core because he leaves me on delivered for ages and then says sry i haven't been speaking to you recently because I've been quite busy, but during the time I've been left on delivered his snapscore increases dramatically. And I don't think I'm desperate, I just have feelings for him and I'm scared he's going to hurt me because he keeps making false promises and this messes with my emotions.

His Snap xpectations and urs are a lot different and as always it becomes a destructive force.... he thinks no prob, y the big deal, so wat... prob he used Snap this same way b4 u so he expects u to adapt to his Snap habits. U have a different xpectation that clashes with his. Another xample of socials triggering value clashes.
Reply 4
Original post by candydiva
His Snap xpectations and urs are a lot different and as always it becomes a destructive force.... he thinks no prob, y the big deal, so wat... prob he used Snap this same way b4 u so he expects u to adapt to his Snap habits. U have a different xpectation that clashes with his. Another xample of socials triggering value clashes.

Yeah, but he used to text me allot everyday so i got used to that behaviour and now he's suddenly changed to it being really inconsistent. So, I think it's understandable that I'm quite confused if his snap behaviour shifts so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending