The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is sending lots of red hearts❤️and kisses😘 to another girl...

I don't want to seem to be overly obsessed or extreme, but I saw my boyfriends texted another girl and used lots of red heart emojis and kiss-blowing emojis. Are all these red hearts and kisses necessary when saying thank you or good night or hello or how are you? I am indeed a bit jealous because he is my boyfriend. They may just be friends. I don't know. But I am a bit distressed about this. What do you think? I want your honest opinions and it will be much appreciated.
Unless he does that to everyone he's probably cheating. But you know him better than anyone here. It's common sense not to be overly flirtatious with people when you're in a relationship. Surely he's not that stupid.
To use a cliche, communication is key.

I wouldn't be happy about this if it were my boyfriend either, but I know he'd be open to me discussing something I was uncomfortable with. Perhaps it was with a family member who uses a lot of emojis, or perhaps he just doesn't see them as meaning much, or perhaps they were used ironically with a friend; there are some innocent explanations, but I would certainly talk to him about it. If you don't feel like you can address this with him then maybe there's a deeper issue here as well.

Ask him about it, and see if he makes a compromise for you. Don't jump to conclusions yet.
Personally, if it were my boyfriend, I'd talk to him about it. I'd say that it makes me uncomfortable and crosses a line, and if he realises that and still continues to do it, then I'd class that as some form of cheating. But if he doesn't realise how it would make you feel, and stops after finding out what you think, it shows that hr still cares for your feelings.
It's certainly odd, I'm a girl and I only send hearts to my family, boyfriend and best friends (when being cute)
I'd also flip my lid if I found my boyfriend sending kiss emojis and hearts to another girl
If he's willing to give away his affection to other rando girls, then he doesn't respect you enough and you should find another man
Ok,I would leave him.He’s probably cheating.
Reply 6
Original post by iElvendork
It's certainly odd, I'm a girl and I only send hearts to my family, boyfriend and best friends (when being cute)
I'd also flip my lid if I found my boyfriend sending kiss emojis and hearts to another girl
If he's willing to give away his affection to other rando girls, then he doesn't respect you enough and you should find another man

That's what he told me when I asked, he said they are 'best friends'. I don't know how trustworthy are his words now:cry: but thank you very much for your kind advice
Reply 7
I suggest you should send heart and kisses to other boys
Original post by Onyeka77
I suggest you should send heart and kisses to other boys

I really wouldn't do that,
Original post by Anonymous
That's what he told me when I asked, he said they are 'best friends'. I don't know how trustworthy are his words now:cry: but thank you very much for your kind advice

At the very least it's disrespectful. He should tell his friend he can't flirt anymore because he's in a relationship. You shouldn't have to tell him either, he should be doing it on his own.
Ask if you could hang out with him and his "friends". That way you can see how they interact with each other.
Also, if they really are "just friends", he should have no problem letting you meet each other.
Reply 12
If it’s his ‘best friend’ shouldn’t you have known about her/ he’d have mentioned her name in conversation?

Personally, it’s a big red flag and I’d expect there to be more going on.

Look, when you are in a relationship, there are rules. One is that you don’t text flirtatiously. I’m a terrible flirt. I always have several guys and girls I talk to at any time. But if I’m in a relationship, I let everyone know and never text anything I wouldn’t be willing to show my partner. And why do I do this? Because I care about this other person to make them thee relationship in my life.

If your boyfriend cares more about hurting his ‘best friend’s feelings’ (when saying he can’t talk like that because he is focused on you is not really offensive to any true friend) that means he doesn’t care about you enough. Move on and up I say. Get yourself a guy who realises life is different in a relationship and who puts you first. Men are everywhere so easily replaced.
(edited 3 years ago)
Any dude who sends emojis and hearts to a girl is seeking more than friendship. Guys just don't that with their genuine female friends however close they are... an occasional textual declaration of "I love u" usually after she sends a thankful note for something nice he did is about the right tone for such a rel.
Original post by candydiva
Any dude who sends emojis and hearts to a girl is seeking more than friendship. Guys just don't that with their genuine female friends however close they are... an occasional textual declaration of "I love u" usually after she sends a thankful note for something nice he did is about the right tone for such a rel.

:bawling:Thanks for letting me know.
I don't want to seem to be overly obsessed or extreme, but I saw my boyfriends texted another girl and used lots of red heart emojis and kiss-blowing emojis. Are all these red hearts and kisses necessary when saying thank you or good night or hello or how are you? I am indeed a bit jealous because he is my boyfriend. They may just be friends. I don't know. But I am a bit distressed about this. What do you think? I want your honest opinions and it will be much appreciated.

Communicate this to him. In my first relationship the same thing happened to me, but I ignored it in fear of seeming like a “psycho” when actually if your partner truly cares for you they would listen and validate your feelings. Turns out he was cheating. So raise this concern immediately and if he doesn’t listen and understand you leave his ass.
His cheating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending