The Student Room Group

Whats the most you have ever procrastinated?

Ive done my fair share of procrastinating, I wanna hear from other people lol.
Ermmmmm i have a chemistry workshop tomorrow and i have yet to complete the questions :cry2: :yucky:
Put off writing my personal statement for early entry for months (we were supposed to hand in a first draft in July) literally wrote it the week efore it was due in
Reply 3
Original post by Fionaanddonkey
Put off writing my personal statement for early entry for months (we were supposed to hand in a first draft in July) literally wrote it the week efore it was due in

Lol I did the exact same. Still got offers from all my choices though. I sometimes doubt they read it at all.
Original post by dedcrush
Lol I did the exact same. Still got offers from all my choices though. I sometimes doubt they read it at all.

thanks that's kinda reassuring (: now I just have to finish reading all the texts I say I read in my statement!
Original post by Bvbfan
Ive done my fair share of procrastinating, I wanna hear from other people lol.

What's ur worst procrastination?
Placement dissertation. Was supposed to start it in September/October, didn't even get a topic chosen until April and it was due in May lol
Original post by Racresmol
Placement dissertation. Was supposed to start it in September/October, didn't even get a topic chosen until April and it was due in May lol

oof... what was the placement? And how did the dissertation turn out lol?
oof... what was the placement? And how did the dissertation turn out lol?

The placement was molecular biology but unrelated to the diss (which focused on a certain cellular pathway). Got the top grade lol my friends weren't too happy 😂
Reply 9
thanks that's kinda reassuring (: now I just have to finish reading all the texts I say I read in my statement!

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! Don't stress :smile:
Reply 10
Right now. Im supposed to be working on a paper but TSR is more interesting.
Original post by Racresmol
The placement was molecular biology but unrelated to the diss (which focused on a certain cellular pathway). Got the top grade lol my friends weren't too happy 😂

lol well done - I guess time pressure can be quite beneficial sometimes!
Reply 12
Woke up on Sunday and didn’t feel like doing any work so I did it on Monday instead
Original post by dedcrush
I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! Don't stress :smile:

ah thanks mate (:
lol well done - I guess time pressure can be quite beneficial sometimes!

Partly the pressure, partly lucky that I found the topic very very interesting!
Reply 15
Well i am procrastinating now all the day 24/7 i should get a master or something
I’m doing it now on some math questions I was asked to do.
I've procrastinated since February on whether or not I have the energy to finish my piece of art work(it would take me only about 6hours). still haven't done it and doubt I ever will at this rate.
Reply 18
What's ur worst procrastination?

im actually ashamed to say this but all of these are 100% true:

every test and homework assignment from year 11- year 13 I did the night before it was due (pretty standard but it gets worse)

gcse exams I started revising really late for, exactly 7 days before my first exam was when i first started revising. I actually didnt revise for my physics exam until the day before.

welsh bacc project that we started working on in september 2018 and was due in december 2019 - up until1 week before it was due in i had done about 5% of it if that. i was up until 5 the night before it was due. (probably the worst one)

personal statement, i was still changing it about 2 hours before the deadline

ucas - i didnt even register on ucas until about 2 days before the application deadline when everyone in my year had been registered for months

i sat the ucat exam and payed for an online course which i had access to for months. Probably did 70% of my revision the day before

Quick Reply

Latest