The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

Hi so I've been predicted BBC but the unis require BBB will there be any point applying to these or will it be instant rejection?
Reply 1
Many universities will consider you with those grades, I think they're called 'aspirational offers' or something like that. That being said, keep in mind that your teachers will have predicted you BBC for a reason and it is great to aim higher, but i would only apply to 1 or 2 universities where your predictions are lower than their requirements. Also make sure that you check with the university if they give aspirational offers before applying because some don't do them. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Itachi>_>
Hi so I've been predicted BBC but the unis require BBB will there be any point applying to these or will it be instant rejection?

Hi!

I would apply to universities with higher grades than you're predicted, but only about half of your applications to be safe. If you find a university that you really like, but don't meet the grades, it would be worth contacting them to see if there is another way for you to meet their requirements without the grades.
I did the same and it worked for me. Even universities where I didn't make the grades for offered me unconditional offers. Some universities offer these in response to things outside your a levels, such as experiences and aspirations that you put into your personal statement.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
One grade higher (but not in a critical subject) - one or two risky choices like this is fine.
Just remember that it could be a straight rejection - and that you will have to get BBB if you make it your Firm.
Make sure your other choices are more realistic - at your predicted grades, and with one choice below your predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending