The Student Room Group

How delayed is UCAS to update?

When I applied for university in 2019, I received an offer a couple weeks after applying but I didn’t know until 9pm at night when my UCAS updated. I know it was 9pm because it came through the second I finished work.

How delayed is UCAS usually? I applied to university for September 2021 a month ago and still haven’t heard anything. I keep checking track every two seconds !!!
Reply 1
If you've applied earlier than you did last year, it could be that they just don't want to give offers out until they've seen what this cohort's standards are looking like. If you've applied later than last year then it could be because unis review applicants in batches so you might've just missed a batch and have to wait a little longer. I've applied thrice now (resits and then COVID-19 stopped me twice) and I've had different waiting times every year.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Livm3g2109
When I applied for university in 2019, I received an offer a couple weeks after applying but I didn’t know until 9pm at night when my UCAS updated. I know it was 9pm because it came through the second I finished work.

How delayed is UCAS usually? I applied to university for September 2021 a month ago and still haven’t heard anything. I keep checking track every two seconds !!!

What subject have you applied for? If it's a course that interviews or needs extra work then usually that will come directly via email and not on Track (UCAS system for interviews is useless)

It takes on average 7 weeks between application and decision....but the earlier you apply the longer you're likely to be waiting.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What subject have you applied for? If it's a course that interviews or needs extra work then usually that will come directly via email and not on Track (UCAS system for interviews is useless)

It takes on average 7 weeks between application and decision....but the earlier you apply the longer you're likely to be waiting.

I’ve applied for three marketing courses, a communications, media and sociology course and a media and publication course. None of which state they need extra work or an interview for.

Thank you for replying though, you’re probably right. I should set my expectations on hearing a response after the deadline in January, but I can’t help being so impatient!
As above, circa 7wks is the average so your previous quick decision may set your expectations a bit high.

Speaking personally, the 2020 cycle dragged on forever so we have been later than usual in setting our internal decision making criteria. Also of note is that most admissions teams are still home working which may delay things a little, (although we're all pretty much used to it by now).
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
As above, circa 7wks is the average so your previous quick decision may set your expectations a bit high.

Speaking personally, the 2020 cycle dragged on forever so we have been later than usual in setting our internal decision making criteria. Also of note is that most admissions teams are still home working which may delay things a little, (although we're all pretty much used to it by now).

Thank you for this. I was expecting a delay due to Covid anyway, regardless I still feel impatient haha. But this response has put me at ease a bit! I’m a few weeks off the 7 weeks so I’ve set my expectations a bit lower for at least another few weeks!!
Original post by Admit-One

We're still closing the 2020 cycle and prepping for in dev work for 2021 cycle so absolutely nothing has happened to our new applicants yet - they've not even been ported in from UCAS!

I’ve applied for three marketing courses, a communications, media and sociology course and a media and publication course. None of which state they need extra work or an interview for.

Thank you for replying though, you’re probably right. I should set my expectations on hearing a response after the deadline in January, but I can’t help being so impatient!

You might hear something in November/December. Keep an eye on your emails as much as UCAS Track though (and make sure to check Junk/Spam folders too)
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
We're still closing the 2020 cycle and prepping for in dev work for 2021 cycle so absolutely nothing has happened to our new applicants yet - they've not even been ported in from UCAS!

You might hear something in November/December. Keep an eye on your emails as much as UCAS Track though (and make sure to check Junk/Spam folders too)

Oh okay thank you so much!!
Original post by PQ

If it makes you feel any better, we’re only marginally ahead of you, we’ve made a handful of reject decisions but 90% of our 2020/21 procedures are still to be signed off. No offers yet.

I’d usually jokingly blame the academic departments but I actually feel quite bad for them this year :smile:
Reply 9

UPDATE:

Two months after applying for university for September 2021, I have heard back from all 5 courses, all unconditional offers I’m ecstatic !

I received these offers in two lots within 2/3 weeks. Both times they updated at exactly 18:00.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending