The Student Room Group

Should I switch bank account?

I have a Santander student account for all my main stuff and a Barclays Young Persons account for a small amount of cash for a "rainy day".

I'm not the greatest fan of Barclays as the app doesn't work with my account and the customer service isn't the best.

Would it be worth switching my Barclays account to another bank (or closing it altogether)? What are the pros and cons? Would it impact things like my credit score?

(I am posting this anonymously as I don't feel comfortable talking about finances on my main account).
Reply 1
I also use Barclays to cash in cheques as there is a branch closer than Santander however I know with other banks you can cash in cheques with their app so this shouldn't be much of a problem.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a Santander student account for all my main stuff and a Barclays Young Persons account for a small amount of cash for a "rainy day".

I'm not the greatest fan of Barclays as the app doesn't work with my account and the customer service isn't the best.

Would it be worth switching my Barclays account to another bank (or closing it altogether)? What are the pros and cons? Would it impact things like my credit score?

(I am posting this anonymously as I don't feel comfortable talking about finances on my main account).

The reason for switching shouldn't be apps or service but interest. I guess Barclays are paying you diddly squat. Move asap!
Reply 3
Original post by ByEeek
The reason for switching shouldn't be apps or service but interest. I guess Barclays are paying you diddly squat. Move asap!

They are paying me nothing :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
They are paying me nothing :biggrin:

Right. Even the worst accounts pay 0.1% so you are failing miserably. In fact after inflation, you are losing money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending