The Student Room Group

Barclays Graduate Scheme 2021

Has anyone done the Barclays Online Interview? If so, how was it and what questions did they ask? Were they just case scenarios or competency based?

I have applied for a Marketing position, but questions might be similar.

Scroll to see replies

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me. Last week I got invited to take the video interview for Barclays Marketing London, but the day after I got an email saying that they had received enough completed applications for the role. I emailed them asking if I was still in the running and if I should still take the video interview but its been a few days and I haven't heard back. The link for the video interview still works, so I might do it anyways if I don't hear back but I found it quite frustrating that I couldn't contact them another way. No one happens to have a phone number for the recruitment team or anything like that? I couldn't find one when I looked!
Reply 2
That is worrying omg, I applied for the same position as you in London and I received an email on saturday telling me to do the online video interview which I havent done yet as I had to do one for Deloitte first. But now that you are saying this, I am not sure if they still have positions available and if I should still do the video interview (I didnt receive any emails telling me the positions have been filled though). But I do remember that when I applied 2 years ago for the barclays internship, I did everything including the video interview, but after I did the interview they told me they had no available places anymore which is very annoying considering we spend a lot of time to prepare and do the interview!
Yeah exactly that was why I was hoping I would have heard back by now! It takes like a full day to prepare and I've so much other stuff to do. It said -

Thank you for your application to the 2021 Marketing Graduate role in London. Barclays programmes recruit on a rolling basis and as such we have now received a sufficient number of completed applications to fill our open positions. In the meantime should you wish to search for other roles and opportunities please visit www.barclays.com. We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays, and wish you every success in your future career.

The thing I was worried about was that when I signed onto the Barclays careers system it seemed a bit weird and I thought maybe I had applied twice by accident? So I wondered if my first application was moving onto video stage but my second application was being told not to move forward if that makes sense.

Because of the last bit, I also wanted to ask the recruitment team if this counted as the one application you're allowed to do a year or if I could apply for another programme Barclays offers?

I've decided to half prepare for it today incase I get an email tonight or tomorrow morning to say I should still do it.
Original post by BTS_biased
That is worrying omg, I applied for the same position as you in London and I received an email on saturday telling me to do the online video interview which I havent done yet as I had to do one for Deloitte first. But now that you are saying this, I am not sure if they still have positions available and if I should still do the video interview (I didnt receive any emails telling me the positions have been filled though). But I do remember that when I applied 2 years ago for the barclays internship, I did everything including the video interview, but after I did the interview they told me they had no available places anymore which is very annoying considering we spend a lot of time to prepare and do the interview!

I also applied for the same programme and got invite for video interview on Saturday as well. Did the VI yesterday because I saw on the website the scheme was closed already and I had also emailed recruitment but they still didn’t get back to me.
Reply 5
Original post by Peakinginterests
Yeah exactly that was why I was hoping I would have heard back by now! It takes like a full day to prepare and I've so much other stuff to do. It said -

Thank you for your application to the 2021 Marketing Graduate role in London. Barclays programmes recruit on a rolling basis and as such we have now received a sufficient number of completed applications to fill our open positions. In the meantime should you wish to search for other roles and opportunities please visit www.barclays.com. We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays, and wish you every success in your future career.

The thing I was worried about was that when I signed onto the Barclays careers system it seemed a bit weird and I thought maybe I had applied twice by accident? So I wondered if my first application was moving onto video stage but my second application was being told not to move forward if that makes sense.

Because of the last bit, I also wanted to ask the recruitment team if this counted as the one application you're allowed to do a year or if I could apply for another programme Barclays offers?

I've decided to half prepare for it today incase I get an email tonight or tomorrow morning to say I should still do it.

Ahh, they seem to be so unorganised. I will still do the interview tomorrow morning and prepare for it today even though I am super tired cuz I just did the deloitte one
I am have just experienced the same thing as some of the others in this thread have. If I am told I have five days to prepare and submit a video interview, then I should have five days to complete it! If I am racing against others then emphasize that! I've never had this happen to me before and I am so disappointed in Barclays.

The Northampton technology analyst (non-developer) position has just filled up too.

This is what I received. Notice the spelling error, this wasn't automated.

"Dear [MyName]

Thank you for your recent application to the 2021 Technology Gradudate Analyst position in Northampton.

We have received a proportionate number of successful applications and as such this position is now closed.

Should any further positions come available, we will be in contact to allow you to complete your application.

We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays.

Kind regards,

Barclays Candidate Management Team"
Reply 7
Original post by Ellenmattt
I also applied for the same programme and got invite for video interview on Saturday as well. Did the VI yesterday because I saw on the website the scheme was closed already and I had also emailed recruitment but they still didn’t get back to me.

OMG I JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL:

"Dear [my name],

Thank you for your application to the 2021 Marketing Graduate role in London.

Barclays recruit on a rolling basis and as such we have now received a sufficient number of completed applications to fill our positions for this programme.
If positions do become available, we will be in touch to allow you to continue your application. In the meantime should you wish to search for other roles and opportunities please visit www.barclays.com.

We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays, and wish you every success in your future career.

Kind regards,

Barclays Campus Resourcing Team"

I AM SUPER ANNOYED, I'VE STARTED PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW AND THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME THEY HAVE FILLED ALL POSITIONS??? NOT GONNA APPLY FOR BARCLAYS ANYMORE, SPENT LOTS OF TIME TO DO THE FIRST STAGE TOO AND THIS IS NOT FAIR AT ALL. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THEY DID THIS TO ME.
Reply 8
Original post by Archdukes
I am have just experienced the same thing as some of the others in this thread have. If I am told I have five days to prepare and submit a video interview, then I should have five days to complete it! If I am racing against others then emphasize that! I've never had this happen to me before and I am so disappointed in Barclays.

The Northampton technology analyst (non-developer) position has just filled up too.

This is what I received. Notice the spelling error, this wasn't automated.

"Dear [MyName]

Thank you for your recent application to the 2021 Technology Gradudate Analyst position in Northampton.

We have received a proportionate number of successful applications and as such this position is now closed.

Should any further positions come available, we will be in contact to allow you to complete your application.

We would like to thank you for the time and interest you have shown in Barclays.

Kind regards,

Barclays Candidate Management Team"

smh they are so unorganised, to be honest with you Im actually happy this happened. I wouldnt want to work for such a disorganised firm.
Reply 9
Original post by Ellenmattt

Did you receive an email saying they are not taking people in anymore?
smh they are so unorganised, to be honest with you Im actually happy this happened. I wouldnt want to work for such a disorganised firm.

I would be too if this wasn't the perfect position for me, it's about 10 mins by car and 20 mins by bike. :frown:
Did you receive an email saying they are not taking people in anymore?

No I did not which I find weird, I’m not holding out for anything though because knowing them they’ll just email me with that response sometime this week. I only got an email to do the VI on Saturday night and a thank you email last night after I had completed my VI and that’s it.
Reply 12
Ahh, they seem to be so unorganised. I will still do the interview tomorrow morning and prepare for it today even though I am super tired cuz I just did the deloitte one

hey I have both the Barclays and Deloitte interview to do in the next two days. what was the Deloitte Job Simulation like?
can i ask which role is the job simulation for because I have one aswell and doing it tomorrow

Original post by sm__
hey I have both the Barclays and Deloitte interview to do in the next two days. what was the Deloitte Job Simulation like?
Original post by sm__

For the Deloitte one, there is just a question asking to introduce yourself to a group of senior leaders and the rest are all situational questions based on a case study. I'd say to probably just practice simple percentage questions and maybe practise a bit how to write emails because they will also tell you to reply to some emails. Feel free to ask me more questions :smile:
Reply 15
Thank you so much for this! Were there any other video questions and if so what are they like? Really appreciate your help and lmk if you have any questions I may help to answer! ☺️
Original post by sm__
Thank you so much for this! Were there any other video questions and if so what are they like? Really appreciate your help and lmk if you have any questions I may help to answer! ☺️

Yes there were like 5 video questions asking things like, what would you do in this situation? (basically like situational questions but you have to talk) and they give you like a few minutes to prepare the answer and around 3 minutes or less/more to talk. They were all okay questions to be honest but I think I waffled a lot.
Reply 17
Yes there were like 5 video questions asking things like, what would you do in this situation? (basically like situational questions but you have to talk) and they give you like a few minutes to prepare the answer and around 3 minutes or less/more to talk. They were all okay questions to be honest but I think I waffled a lot.

I see thank you! Do you remember the situations at all? If not no worries :smile:
Has anyone here applied for the full time banking role abroad (not in UK) and not received a test invite or any confirmation of submission ?
Reply 19
They actively state before you apply to do so as soon as possible to avoid disappointment:

Applications are now open. Please note applications are considered on a rolling basis, so apply early to avoid disappointment.

It is one of those lessons you only learn the hard way. I've learn it the hard way too. Apply as soon as possible for any role and don't wait forever to do things.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest